Nexus s .... Xperia sola.... Xperia pro...or galaxy s

MBAID

Disciple
guys plz help me out what to buy as soon as possible
which one is the best out of these??
m concerned about xperia sola battery life though

dont buy a sola .. bought it .. regretted !!
was purchased on the 11th of July , sent to the service center on 14th, got it back on the 7th Aug, still the problem persists, and sony will not replace the phone ...
the wifi connectivity is awe full, i take the phone next to the wifi router and then it shows me 3 bars connectivity, and the battery goes off withing 6 hours !!

1. Q: Budget?
A: 17k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: any

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: TFT

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: NO HTC

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Required a 5MP camera.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: ANDROID

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G.

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Multimedia and internet.

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A:

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: galaxy s i9000, nexus s i9020, xperia sola xperia pro

@MBAID Galaxy S Advance is perfect for you. Its available at around 18K.

Basically its a skimmed down version of Galaxy SII. You get Dual Core Processor, WVGA Super AMOLED Display, 768mb RAM and MALI 400 GPU.

Drawbacks: Gingerbread and NOT JB/ICS out of the Box & Low Developer Support.

Last edited by a moderator:
iPhone 3GS with aircel 9999rs +3000 approx for some 3G package if you want ios

Other wise nexus s

U will always be get the instant update .
But if you raise the bar u can get nexus or s2
I heard nexus is selling for 24000 approx.

dont buy a sola .. bought it .. regretted !!
was purchased on the 11th of July , sent to the service center on 14th, got it back on the 7th Aug, still the problem persists, and sony will not replace the phone ...
the wifi connectivity is awe full, i take the phone next to the wifi router and then it shows me 3 bars connectivity, and the battery goes off withing 6 hours !!

Talk to your dealer and pressurise him to talk your service centre or distributor in replacing the same. Sony has a 7 days replacement warranty for DOA handsets only the service centre guys will talk a lot of B.S

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

iPhone 3GS with aircel 9999rs +3000 approx for some 3G package if you want ios

Other wise nexus s

U will always be get the instant update .
But if you raise the bar u can get nexus or s2
I heard nexus is selling for 24000 approx.

The aircel deal is just mindblowing are they giving factory unlocked model or it is locked to aircel

---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

Dont buy Galaxy S Advance..No Forum support and i am sure no ICS also for Advance..Better go for Nexus S

Yes cheaper also nexus s i9020 is available for 13499/-

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 PM ----------

You could also consider the following options

1) LG p920 3D (with 3D picture shooting capabilities) - 16499/-
2) LG P990 - 12000/-
3) Nexus s - 13500/-
4) xperia arc s - 16500/-
5) samsung M110 galaxy s - 13000/-

hi i dont want to stretch my budget to galaxy s advance
ii want to choose between xperia pro ... nexus s and samsung galaxy s
the only concern with nexus s is servicing...if anything goes wrong
the other two devices since launched in india servicing would be easier i guess since i want to buy seller warranty phones
m getting nexus s for 13000
xperia pro 12000 n sgs 12000

---------- Post added at 11:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 PM ----------

i had the samsung i9003 which got stolen
should i check out d motorola defy?? heard moto is quitting india?

Talk to your dealer and pressurise him to talk your service centre or distributor in replacing the same. Sony has a 7 days replacement warranty for DOA handsets only the service centre guys will talk a lot of B.S

O yes i did speak to the eastern region service center "HEAD" but supposedly after explaining my problem to him in a very cool manner, he tells me we dont have stock to replace your phone so pl wait for 15 days, cherry on the cake, the bugger hung up on me !! and now doesnt even respond to calls nor sms's.
i mailed sony Ericson on their email id , been 3 weeks now, but no reply ... what to do :) cant do a thing man .. the dealer is helping me out .. but seriously .. sony's gone to the dogs .. no difference between the Sony phones and the locals here .. both are PATHETIC :D

i dont know how well do you know these eastern ppl, but o yes, they truly suck !! bengal u know .. cant do anything about it .. they bloody think salary is their birth right without even moving their posterior by an inch ;):lol::bleh:

Please do the following things :

1) Please note down the imei number of the handset (so that you can tell if they have replaced the handset or not)
2) Call the service centre head from the dealer's phone and ask him the status.
3) If you have the name of the service centre head please email to all email id's of sony company that you can find online explaining the problem (do not mark cc and mass send , but send individually cc has to be marked to the service centre head)
4) Ask the service centre head for his email ID.
5) You need an acknowledged email from the service centre head that he does'nt have stock to replace for your handset.
6) Last option is threaten the dealer/distributor/servicecentre/Sony company with a consumer court complaint (the service centre head's email can come in handy here).

In all such matters written proof is better than verbal talk (talk is cheap)

if every thing written on top fails to give you results within the next 72 hrs (15 aug is a holiday) please post here we then need to put plan B in action

Back