NFS:MW hangs

hunt3r

Skilled
Hey guys
Im having a weird problem. While playing NFS:MW the game suddenly just freezes and then after a few seconds, sometimes even 10 secs or so its back to normal. This happens a few times whenever i play (say in 2 or 3 hrs). And every once in ten times, it freezes and then exits to windows. I get an error message sayin speed.exe has performed an illegal operation and has been shut down. The game worked fine for the first 2 days and only after that its started acting like this. Other games like doom3,Q4,C&C generals all work fine. I havent changed any setting on my comp for 5 days. My CPU temps dont go beyond 46C while playing and my Gfx are not OC'ed(what can u OC on a 6200 TC anyway :( ) and temps dont go beyond 80C. I have 81.98 WHQL drivers for gfx and 6.70 Nforce chipset drivers. Help, please!! :S

Hmm ok ill try changing the ram to 2T. Chaos, excessive overclock? Its only 10 % :huh: Also when playing the demo on the same OC it worked fine without any problems. Only now with the full version its giving these problems. And as i said it worked fine for 2 days, only after that it started happening.

hmm...

1. make sure its not a pirated version ;)
one of my friends used to have the same problem untill he got himself a legal copy :p
2. try updating to new nvidia drivers.
3. try disk defragmentation.

Assuming your system is memtest stable,

i would first make sure the hard disk is not corrupted - run chkdsk /f

also what is your paging file size and do you have atleast > 2GB free disk space.

Changing RAM to 2T solved all the issues. Thanks rahul :) But can anyone explain why that happened, i mean why was i getting those problems at 1T?

^ First can you tell me if it was memtest stable - running atleast for about 20-30 min's or 5-8(500-800%) passes of your memory.

Strange to see memtest stable at 1T but crashing NFSMW.

I was on #8 in the Blacklist but for the last few days whenever I try to run it gives an error: "speed.exe has encountered an error and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience" :( Any soln? Will reinstalling help. I mean I can take a backup of saved games, reinstall NFS then put those backed up saved games in the default directory, will it work fine? Or is there any other method other than reinstalling. Plz help.

uninstall clone cd ... (if u have it installed)....d/l crack while searching at google... open the rar file of the crack of 1.74 gb mds file & run it in daemon tools...run a software called sd4hider & hide with the option given in it....double click the speed.exe game file & njoy....quite simple isnt it :)

Rocky, that somebody is our GMod Rave and he has mentioned the reason -

Rave said:
Reason: no cd protection workarounds, read the rules

Just to clarify further, your solution was hinting at cracks and warez - we do not condone warez/cracks on TE - thats why the deletion.

Please restrain form posting/discussing warez/cracks on TE in future.

dipdude said:
Rocky, that somebody is our GMod Rave and he has mentioned the reason -

Just to clarify further, your solution was hinting at cracks and warez - we do not condone warez/cracks on TE - thats why the deletion.

Please restrain form posting/discussing warez/cracks on TE in future.
i know that the deletion is only possible by the mods or the admins of this site....but i was just trying to solve the problem & i didnt even mentioned the name of the crack or warez site here.....just gave information about how to solve this issue....thats it :mad: :mad:

^ I understand your intentions were Noble - but rules are rules - we dont discuss warez/cracks on our forums - even if it means that we cant help the person.

So if you say d/l X and solve your problem - and if we come to know that X is hinting at crack or warez - we have to step in and delete it.

Damn, the problem didnt go away with 2T, the first time i played it was fine, but after that again it started happening :( . Dip, i ran memtest, 4 passes were absoutely fine without errors(@2T). Should i run for a longer duration? Also i had a query about memtest, 4 passes took me 1 hr 20 min, is this normal? I reduced speeds to stock and tried as well, still i get that error. Funnily enough, same thing as Khubbu mentioned it didnt happen before i reached #10. I dont remember exactly when, but it was after 10 for sure. And when it freezes , the textures get all weird, cant really explain what exactly happens. Should i post a video of it?

Hunt3r, assuming you are running memtest 3.3 from within windows and have left it to check the default "All unused ram". The reason for longer time can be due to following -
To keep the test running smoothly and quickly, you should only test the amount of RAM that is free, rather than the total amount of RAM in your system - otherwise your computer will spend 90% of the test reading and writing to your hard drive, rather than testing RAM.

About the crash - you have said no hard disk corruption and error appears only when you game for hours - assuming this has not got anything to do with pirated/cracked versions - my suggestion would be -

Keep your case side panel open and play - can be a overheating issue. or look into better ventialtion for your case.(6200TC with passive cooling is a sure candidate).

Finally, if nothing else crashes except for nfsmw, then play on lowest settings possible - disable all the eye candy and try.

No im running memtest 3.2 from a floppy disk. Should i get 3.3 and retest? It dosent happen after a few hours, it happens even after 10 mins sometimes. Mine's a pirated version and i guess thats the reason. Coz all other games work absoultely fine. I have adeuate cooling for the 6200 TC, have a 120 mm and 80 mm fan installed in the case and the load temps as reported by rivatuner dont exceed 80C. I'll try a reinstall of the game and see what happens. Else i guess i'll buy the legit verson. Thanks for the help.

Back