Graphic Cards NFS MW Shadows?

stormblast

Skilled
well i reinstalled nfs mw somedays back. & i noticed something. the tree shadows look like crap when reflected on the car. here are some screenies. is this happening with every who has nvidia or ati. also as far as i remember when i had played the game before on my 7800gt i did not notice problem like this. but on 7800gt i was using version 1 of nfs by mounting the image. where as now i am using the cracked 1.3 version.

if anyone has version 1 installed can they just take the screenshots under a tree n post them. also whoever has 1.3 installed can you confirm this problem & mention the card & version of nfs that u have.

ya ultimate as i said b4 it works perfectly without any stutters. worked perfect for me on a 7800gt a 6600 & a x1900xt. but shadows look like crap now, no idea y. can u post some screenshot ultimate

i can post a screen shot of the demo if you want?

did you ever try it on amd 64 3000-3500 class or at stock?

I am getting to many troubles even with 1900 series graphic card and amd 64 2ghz winchester. there is stuttering even at 800*600,although it is just a fraction of the 1280X1024 MAX AA AF

ultimate my processor is similar to the amd64. but it is overclocked. but u shouldnt be having those problems that u are. i had also tried the game before on my 3000 amd64 on stock it used to work properly with a 7800gt with everything max. there is some other problem on your pc. maybe it could be the soundcard? which 1 are u using.

also update your nfs mw to 1.3 version n check for the stuttering problem.

Case 1
Amd 64 3200 Venice
2GB
7600GT
New pc
onboard sound
most wanted ( actually pirated and non patched)

Case 2
Amd 64 3200 Winchester
2gb
1900XTX
creative sound blaster live 24bit
demo

case 1= major stuttering

case 2= chopiness which actually means that for a fraction of a second there is stuttering, the stuttering can be frequent but doesn't even last a second at a time

standard game engine problem with dynamic shadows i think(with nv and ati both). Happens in BF2 as well (same engine ?)

Anyways

Card: 7800gt with 84.21

Version: 1.2

Afaik this can't be fixed else bf2 would have been fixed by now. Also try reducing the slider setting to medium and you'll probably get better shadows.

What is wrong with the shadows ??? Can someone explain please ??

Well, now that I take a close look at the screenies, I can see that the shadows look somewhat wierd......

shadows look blocky = not the way they are supposed to look. It maybe a result of less no of passes for shadows resulting into poor/blocky mess that is seen now.........

@nikhil - kindly ask your parents or you yourself go to the doctor 1st thing in the morning & get your eyes checked. how can u not see what is wrong with the shadows on the car in those screenies. if u still cant see then you should go down park your car under a tree n check shadows n then compare to this. lol

hehe nikhil has been sittin in front of the comp for too long...get an eye check dude :bleh:

as far as the shadows go .. this problem has been reported from virtually every card on earth ... same problemo with my 9600 pro... ive tried different drivers .. omega drivers included...seems like a problem with the game engine coz even patches dont seem to fix it :|

i had problems like this with neons and other textures like the road :S with nfs UG2 ... but driver versions whch were released some 1 year later fixed it :S .. so i guess we will jus have to wait for newer versions of drivers :)

Back