Audio Nice IEM or Headphone (preferably iem) under 4k - Urgent

#[member='psyph3r'],

Then I suppose my assumption about TW's SQ score is true, but may be lower down
<

#[member='casper^'],

I've placed an order for Tekfusion TW on flipkart this morning. But, #[member='FaH33m'] is the closest to you. May be if somebody close by (within Tamil Nadu / Bangalore) can loan me their PL21 / PL11 for a week or so after I get the TW (estimated delivery date is 18th), that would be ideal for me. Otherwise, I'd try to buy PL21 from somewhere and sell it immediately after the review.

I agree on one point - we lack critical, somewhat objective reviews about this IEM. In case it could not meet my standards as a low cost, throw away travel IEM, I can either sell it immediately or do something better - try to send it on a loaner tour where people can write their own impressions. What do you guys think?

I was thinking of attaching the two rights to make a pair.

I might just do that but i am not getting any time, so i ordered the M4 from mp4nation earlier today.

I ll post impressions here when they arrive.

#psyph3r,

BTW, if you have dealt with mp4nation previously, how long does it take to get their items? I've heard on ABI forums that it takes quite long but India is nearer to HK than the U.S.

#[member='psyph3r'],

BTW, if you have dealt with mp4nation previously, how long does it take to get their items? I've heard on ABI forums that it takes quite long but India is nearer to HK than the U.S.

It takes some time even getting it to India, not so much because of shipping delays, but more due to of customs clearance.

I had ordered SoundMagic PL-50s from mp4nation quite some time ago. If I remember right, mp4nation had them shipped within 1 week, but the biggest delay was at the Indian port where the stuff landed. I think it had landed up at Kolkatta, and was stuck there for 2-3 weeks before moving to Bangalore. I believe it was awaiting customs clearance there, and luckily for me, I wasn't charged anything by customs.

It takes some time even getting it to India, not so much because of shipping delays, but more due to of customs clearance.

I had ordered SoundMagic PL-50s from mp4nation quite some time ago. If I remember right, mp4nation had them shipped within 1 week, but the biggest delay was at the Indian port where the stuff landed. I think it had landed up at Kolkatta, and was stuck there for 2-3 weeks before moving to Bangalore. I believe it was awaiting customs clearance there, and luckily for me, I wasn't charged anything by customs.

Then isn't it better to get them from ebay, rather than pay the customs? How much customs would one have to pay for IEMs? Thanks for the info, hadn't noticed it sorry.

#[member='casper^'],

I've placed an order for Tekfusion TW on flipkart this morning. But, #[member='FaH33m'] is the closest to you. May be if somebody close by (within Tamil Nadu / Bangalore) can loan me their PL21 / PL11 for a week or so after I get the TW (estimated delivery date is 18th), that would be ideal for me. Otherwise, I'd try to buy PL21 from somewhere and sell it immediately after the review.

#[member='esanthosh'],

Well, did you get the TW from flipkart? Waiting for your review
happy19.gif

Just yesterday, I got the JVC Marshmallows from PN. They sound much better than the ClipZ bundled earbuds but I kind of don't seem to like IEMs. These are my first ones. I guess I don't like things inserted deep inside my ears. I'm still using the IEMs, may be I'll get used to them. Will know after using for a few days.

I'm happy that I didn't get the PL-21 or the TW as the first IEMs and got these cheapies. If I don't like them after using for many days I'd get better full-sized headphones and these may be fine to use once in a while when tired from using the full-sized HPs. But they can't be used when travelling. Luckily, for me, I don't travel much.

Well, did you get the TW from flipkart? Waiting for your review
happy19.gif

I didn't. They were mentioned as 'available in 6-7 days' when I placed the order, but went out of stock yesterday. They don't know when they will get it back in stock. So, I've cancelled the order. But, I will definitely buy and do a review of TW when it gets back in stock. In the mean while, I will get IEMs for comparison like PL11 (already on it's way) and probably a E10.

I didn't. They were mentioned as 'available in 6-7 days' when I placed the order, but went out of stock yesterday. They don't know when they will get it back in stock. So, I've cancelled the order. But, I will definitely buy and do a review of TW when it gets back in stock. In the mean while, I will get IEMs for comparison like PL11 (already on it's way) and probably a E10.

There are three more online shops like flipkart with a bit lesser price for the TW as on the Tekfusion website here.I don't know how they compare to flipkart though, but should be good IMO.

I found that the reason I don't seem to like IEMs is because my ears start itching every few minutes after I insert them in and I have to remove them every few minutes to pacify the itching. I don't know if this is specific to the Marshmallows or it would be the same with other IEMs too. Of course my ears are clean of any wax and I made sure to clean them with olive oil before using the new IEMs.
ohyeah.gif

Any suggestions?

Back