Nirbhaya documentary: Why Javed Akhtar, Anu Aga's views differ completely

lynch mobs are not going to stop just because you or i say that it is bad or even if there is a law against it.

Lynch mobs are formed because people are frustrated with the police and judicial system.

Just for once i would like to see a corrupt police officer, lawyer judge or even politician get killed by a lynch mob, maybe then the government will get serious about judicial and police reforms

anuragingle, about your statement: Lynch mobs are formed because people are frustrated with the police and judicial system.

Not always, sometimes, it can be about selfishness of majority in society. Lynch mob in Dimapur case also took other hues, for eg., read:

http://www.firstpost.com/india/dima...e-lessons-from-this-double-crime-2140921.html

http://www.rediff.com/news/column/heed-the-lessons-from-the-lynching/20150307.htm

http://www.rediff.com/news/column/why-the-govt-is-right-in-banning-the-bbc-film/20150305.htm

btw, if lynch mob violence in Dimapur was influenced by BBC Documentary even in slightest way, who all can be held accountable ?

How is the police going to prove that the Dimapur lynch mob was because of the BBC documentary? Are they going to search peoples homes to find if they have watched the documentary?

BTW i find it very convenient that people are now suggesting that the Dimapur lynch mob was due the BBC documentary, this gives more ammo to the government to justify the ban on the documentary.

In a matured democracy, which we are not there would be no question of holding the documentary responsible for the lynching.

Let me give you another example, in the Bible it is written that women caught in adultery should be stoned to death and homosexuals should be killed, do we now ban the Bible because of this?[DOUBLEPOST=1425736243][/DOUBLEPOST]BTW the BBC documentary was telecast on Wednesday and the dimapur incident happened on Friday, are you seriously suggesting all the people involved in the lynching would have watched the documentary on wednesday or thursday? thats not possible. All these articles suggesting that the lynching happened because of the documentary are just propaganda to support the BJP goverment

Last edited:
How is the police going to prove that the Dimapur lynch mob was because of the BBC documentary? Are they going to search peoples homes to find if they have watched the documentary?

BTW i find it very convenient that people are now suggesting that the Dimapur lynch mob was due the BBC documentary, this gives more ammo to the government to justify the ban on the documentary.

In a matured democracy, which we are not there would be no question of holding the documentary responsible for the lynching.

Let me give you another example, in the Bible it is written that women caught in adultery should be stoned to death and homosexuals should be killed, do we now ban the Bible because of this?

Yes of course.. if bible were to be written after Indian constitution came into existence and they tried to popularize such barbaric idea in india !! It should be banned.
It was written centuries before Indian constitution came into existence , so we can't ban it. Nobody, not even the church is preaching such things, though written in bible.

It's painful to see 'educated' people supporting Lynch mobs!!
Please lessen the frustration by ascertaining the fact that we are not the worst country for crime against women and don't advocate lynch mobs.
You're in turn supporting the government for banning the documentary

adding to abuse of rape provisions
B_f-WPxUcAIOS5v.jpg:medium

this further highlights the drawbacks of mob justice.

EDIT: since crime happened in nagaland and CM of Assam is claiming it as unofficial, i would refrain from drawing conclusions but mob justice is not supported.

Last edited:
I am not supporting lynch mobs.

What I am trying to say unless we have quick convictions and sentencing of accused be it rape or any other case, we are going to see more of lynch mobs either becuase of peoples frustrations with the system or because some political parties are out to take advantage of the situation.

The second point is that you cannot hold the documentary responsible for the Dimapur incident

adding to abuse of rape provisions
B_f-WPxUcAIOS5v.jpg:medium

this further highlights the drawbacks of mob justice.

OMG..
If the person murdered by mob were to be innocent?? It's akin to Gangrape !! IMHO The mob should be punished even if he were to be guilty..

I support the government's decision. We're not a mature democracy ; at least not enough to handle such incidents and factual documentaries based on them.

You could have taken some time out to quote me properly, it is kind of difficult to reply, anyways I will try:

ironically, you have to declare it, don't you ? hmm...
I am not sure what you are trying to say. Please elaborate..?

If you consider this as an issue, this is not India specific one, any civilized world developed like that only. If you want reasons now, you probably can trace it to 'Y' Chromosome. Plus there are communities in India where matriarchy was practiced (to a limited extent even alive today), so if required, women in other communities could have adopted that. Onus is also on women to stand up for their values, not depending on men for everything in their life.
The common matriarchal communities I could think of are probably the Khasi of Meghalaya and Nair of Kerala. Are they really that common and prevalent as population numbers. The reason why I mentioned about sir names being changed, cause it shows the ownership over women, and how we "all" men try to be condescending. If it is a world issue, can it not be an Indian issue. Should we let it slide under the rug..? Yes, the patrilineal marker does not change in male carriers..! It can remain constant for ~250,000 years...! So what should that translate to. That we will always be the supreme governors for women..? Does it show us to be biologically superior to women, or that they have to change their names after marriage..? Their physical structure is still the same right..? Do all those who killed of girls in the womb, know about this Y - marker..? Are they experts in genetics and DNA.

Oh by they way, I got my genetic test done by 23&ME, my y-chromosome is H1a*.

Yesteryears, both boys and girls were married young, not just in India, but in many other countries.
Women married earlier, because best years for child bearing is 18-30. Don't blame it on men or society.
But why is it still happening in India. You quite well know why they are married first. Get rid of the burden. You gave a wide window for female fertility. Ok. Mostly I see this happening around 18-23 years. Still is it not rushed...? I feel that. Girls are not allowed many a times to complete their education or it is just a formality for the parents. Of course we should not wait till 29, too..!

Corporations are there to make money. Plus, if not taken due care, people irrespective of gender lines will try to exploit the facilities given to them at the expense of others.
How will asking about a possibility of marriage or conceiving prevent establishment misuse..? Or negate it in the future..? Do they not want to grant marriage leaves and/or maternity leaves..? Are bachelor men asked about marriage..? ;)

These days you can invent lot of blame on men even just for living. Such people are a burden on the society and create problem for themselves and women as a whole.
What have I invented.

The likes of you want to give women everything in a plate for free without any hardships /working for it.
Well I am just debating. I am just a misogynist like all of us here...! :) So tell me, how should "women" earn what all I have written, that is currently missing or incorrect for them..? Can you tell me..?

Men during evolution, fought for what they need and for the world forward to this stage. Yes, they are privileged to fight and die wars, experimenting innovations.
Which evolution..? So as per you, men have more privilege...? Is this not the attitude which is detrimental.

You are forgetting that India is a third world country which is equally ****ed for both genders.
I know what India is. Please read my others posts around this. It is messed up for both genders, yes. But the plight of women is due to men. In India, at least. I will not look beyond our borders. Our dirt has to be cleaned within.

Don't bring your SJW shit into everything,
Please mind your language, thanks.

now I understood why Modi Govt. wanted to ban this documentary.
Why..? Please explain. Your SJW line and the above make no sense in tandem.

Hope you will not end up in the situation of Vivek Wadhwa
I did not even know who he is. Just googled him now. Irrelevant to me. My thoughts, are mine.

:)

asingh,"I did not even know who he is. Just googled him now. Irrelevant to me. My thoughts, are mine."

Before it was even a recognized subject in contemporary circles, Vivek Wadhwa was a person who fought for women rights in IT from forefront. You can basically say he wrote the bible for women empowerment in IT from USA. Now that he ran his course well, SJWs thew him under the bus. Here is his probably last blog on the subject which came last week or so:

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/why-i-am-stepping-out-debate-women-technology-vivek-wadhwa

Regarding other points you are making, I will refrain from further discussions with you, because you already proved what you are.

As for main topic of this thread, it is evolving as dramatic as above 50% of rape accusations in India.

So its been almost 1 year and the Supreme Court still cant decide on the punishment, this is the most glaring failure of our system and exposes our chalta hai attitude
actually nirbhaya is an exception of how fast and how many resources were marshaled towards it. they even consitituted a commitee to recommend changes in law regarding rape. it was clearly a tipping point and landmark case.

If its going to take so much time for a rape conviction its better for the rape victims to be lynched by mobs and perhaps some of the judges and lawyers too
once again they have already been convicted. they are not under trials.

blood for blood ? set an example. this wont happen again after. nope, it does not work that way. you say it isn't justice. but what you refer to as justice is actually crowd control.

people taking the law into their own hands is incredibly dangerous to society. that too educated people who's biggest problem is they are impatient. This is why speech is curtailed because people who say the same are considered a threat instead of being firmly dealt with.

Just found out that even the Supreme Court has a backlog of 61300 cases as of Feb 2015, this proves even the Supreme Court judges are lazy assholes.

Until judges are made accountable for judicial delays the system will continue to deteriorate
the bigger complaint is usually lower courts take too much time, that convictions cannot be secured and one never knows what will happen. none of that applies here.

Last edited:
On March 5, a mob broke into the jail, dragged him out, stripped him naked, beat him up, pelted him with stones and dragged him behind a motor cycle with a rope tied around his waist for seven kms towards the centre of Dimapur town when he died from his injuries along the way.
Sounds something that isis/taliban would do. (sic)

So its been almost 1 year and the Supreme Court still cant decide on the punishment, this is the most glaring failure of our system and exposes our chalta hai attitude

If its going to take so much time for a rape conviction its better for the rape victims to be lynched by mobs and perhaps some of the judges and lawyers too

Just found out that even the Supreme Court has a backlog of 61300 cases as of Feb 2015, this proves even the Supreme Court judges are lazy assholes.

Until judges are made accountable for judicial delays the system will continue to deteriorate
I am not sure all the blane lies with the judge. As far as I know, the Supreme Court has a shortage of judges.
Also many a times lawyers do not turn up which affects the case.
e.g - In Calcutta High court, 6000+ lawyers took an unsanctioned leave on Friday(Holi). The court was closed on Thursday on account of Dol (Bengali version of holi). Only 40 lawyers were present on Friday whereas all the judges were present.
Also many a times the lawyers halt work for a full day to honour the memory of fellow lawyers who pass away.

Not sure if things like this happen in the Supreme Court.

Another problem affecting the Supreme Court is if a judge retires, the cases which he was looking into are heard from the beginning by the new judge.

Sounds something that isis/taliban would do. (sic)
worse, at least over there the guys in charge put on these sorts of shows not random public.

who/what was in charge here ?

last time it happened was five years ago. according to ncrb nagaland has the lowest rape cases of the seven sisters. So where did this rage come from ?

thousands of people massing to storm the main prison yet the cops knew nothing, it just happened and they could not do anything (!) which is typical as when it gets to this point the state has clearly lost and the best thing to do is not take sides. Let the fire burn out where it started and not spread elsewhere.

and now its looking like it wasn't even a rape. if so then the woman that started this whole affair better get hauled up on murder charges. And then to deal with the leaders of this march.

Last edited:
blr_p, ...and now its looking like it wasn't even a rape. if so then the woman that started this whole affair better get hauled up on murder charges. And then to deal with the leaders of this march...

At times, like Saddam for Iraq, we get the leaders we deserve.

Not just those leaders of the march. There are lot of activism these days which is not in the real interest of victims or the country which are busy creating professional victims. Just like ill behaved Green Peace, these activist have their own agendas and should be fully exposed.

Last edited:
Can't say too much, every day the details keep changing about this story.

latest i heard ? the woman that complained is the cousin of the man's wife.

WHAT!

Back