No backup found on this account issue in whatsapp

amita01

Recruit
I by mistake deleted the local backup of whatsapp but my google drive is showing i still have the latest backup which is of 24 feb ,2024.but the problem is when i reinstall whatsapp and press restore from drive its shows 'no backup found ' on this account.im really scared please help me out guys

1. Check the location on Google drive if it's actually having the backup file and it's in enabled status
2. Did you delete whole database folder or latest backup file?

1. Check the location on Google drive if it's actually having the backup file and it's in enabled status
2. Did you delete whole database folder or latest backup file?
It's there in the drive but how to check enabled status.
And yes I deleted the whatsapp folder which had database folder too .

It's there in the drive but how to check enabled status.
You can find this in mobile Google drive only. Not on desktop.
Open drive, click on 3 lines in top left search box, u can see as below. It's name contains ur phone number digits and date below and if "turn off back up" is appearing, then, ur backup file is enabled

1000050814.jpg

Try restoring on another phone.
Yeah this is the final resort. Otherwise,

Consider the stuff gone. Forever.

That being said, I don't understand why Drive never lets the actual owner download the database backup. Glitches like in this instance mean that the backup is as good as nothing.

That being said, I don't understand why Drive never lets the actual owner download the database backup. Glitches like in this instance mean that the backup is as good as nothing.
No backup solution is 100% reliable and technical glitches cannot be ruled out.

Try this:
1. Uninstall WhatsApp
2. Find the WhatsApp folder. It may be right inside internal storage or under Android/media/com.whatsapp
3. If videos are not included in your Google Drive Backup, move the WhatsApp Videos folder inside WhatsApp/Media to somewhere else in Internal Storage like the Downloads folder.
4. Delete the entire WhatsApp folder you found in step 2.
5. Reinstall WhatsApp folder and try restoring from cloud now.
6. If backup restores correctly this time, move the WhatsApp videos folder back inside WhatsApp/Media

Find the WhatsApp folder. It may be right inside internal storage or under Android/media/com.whatsapp
-​
If videos are not included in your Google Drive Backup, move the WhatsApp Videos folder under WhatsApp/Media to somewhere else in Internal Storage like the Downloads folder.
the problem is when i reinstall whatsapp and press restore from drive its shows 'no backup found ' on this account
-​
Reinstall WhatsApp folder and restoring from cloud now.
when i reinstall whatsapp and press restore from drive its shows 'no backup found ' on this account
OP has nuked the entire WhatsApp root directory. No amount of local delete/restore is going to help. And the problem is that Drive restore is not working upon reinstall.
No backup solution is 100% reliable and technical glitches cannot be ruled out.
Thus Drive should allow owners to manually download and restore that backup in case such glitches show up.

OP has nuked the entire WhatsApp root directory. No amount of local delete/restore is going to help. And the problem is that Drive restore is not working upon reinstall.
I had a similar issue after resetting my phone. Cloud backup was encrypted and it somehow did not give me the option to restore it. Reinstalling did not work. Deleting the WhatsApp folder folder generated in the first install and reinstalling worked.

Are there multiple gmail accounts signed into your phone? if so, uninstall whatsapp, go to play.google.com on a browser, sign in to your primary account (the account in which the backup is found), and install whatsapp from that interface.

go to play.google.com on a browser, sign in to your primary account (the account in which the backup is found), and install whatsapp from that interface.
Doesn't matter what source you install the app from. What matters is,

What Google Account you have signed-into on your Android. (Whatsapp also serves the APK from its own site in case ydk)

To make sure you're not logged into the wrong Account, sign out of any account you're currently using with your Android. Sign-in again.

Although I am pretty sure in this case that OP is logged into the correct Google Account. Cuz he doesn't mention anything happening to his Android.

Are there multiple gmail accounts signed into your phone? if so, uninstall whatsapp, go to play.google.com on a browser, sign in to your primary account (the account in which the backup is found), and install whatsapp from that interface.
Already tried.

Doesn't matter what source you install the app from. What matters is,

What Google Account you have signed-into on your Android. (Whatsapp also serves the APK from its own site in case ydk)

To make sure you're not logged into the wrong Account, sign out of any account you're currently using with your Android. Sign-in again.

Although I am pretty sure in this case that OP is logged into the correct Google Account. Cuz he doesn't mention anything happening to his Android.
I removed all accounts which were not logged into my whatsapp so Im using the correct account.

Thus Drive should allow owners to manually download and restore that backup in case such glitches show up.
Yeah...

Try restoring on another phone.
Already tried

Don't say like that:(

One thing more Today I used droid kit to extract data from drive but in between process was hindered.it recovered all media files from it(I guess all ) and it also downloaded a zip( which I don't understand) .and now when I downloaded WhatsApp and follow the prompts it now able to media of 2 gb but no chats but when I go to local files and see images I guess alot of them are grey so I'm scared if hindrance corrupted the back or not .and does software create copy of the drive backup or the completely extract the original files.hope my drive backup is affected.
One thing more Today I used droid kit to extract data from drive but in between process was hindered.it recovered all media files from it(I guess all ) and it also downloaded a zip( which I don't understand) .and now when I downloaded WhatsApp and follow the prompts it now able to media of 2 gb but no chats but when I go to local files and see images I guess alot of them are grey so I'm scared if hindrance corrupted the back or not .and does software create copy of the drive backup or the completely extract the original files.hope my drive backup is affected.
I have another thing to share that I deleted the whatsapp files from internal storage when it was restoring and one thing more today when I deleted all the whatsapp files from internal storage of another phone and restored using Google drive it worked perfectly fine.

Last edited:
I have another thing to share that I deleted the whatsapp files from internal storage when it was restoring and one thing more today when I deleted all the whatsapp files from internal storage of another phone and restored using Google drive it worked perfectly fine.
So, u tried restore on another phone and the process went fine, and u were able to browse your chats and media.. Excellent.. Good for you.
May be now you can do proper Google backup, and do a fresh WhatsApp again on YOUR phone and restore.. I hope that should work without any more issues

So, u tried restore on another phone and the process went fine, and u were able to browse your chats and media.. Excellent.. Good for you.
May be now you can do proper Google backup, and do a fresh WhatsApp again on YOUR phone and restore.. I hope that should work without any more issues
Sorry for misunderstanding,I mean to say that when I deleted whatsapp of another phone (in which I deleted local files too to test) which had a different account not related to account which I'm having issues but it restored perfectly fine. So backup corruption, connectivity issues, using correct account etc are ruled out so why I'm not able to restore others are able to it . I think it might be glitch so you guys can help me find solution to this or find the root cause .

Pretty sure he has been talking about the official WhatsApp.
You never know, sometimes ppl themselves forgot they weren't using the official version. This issue looks to me like some sort of encryption mismatch where backup to be restored is not able to verify the identity of WA acc to which it is being restored (just having same no. login to WA acc is not enough).

Back