No 'E' icon in Iphone - no gprs avl

rPOk

Adept
Hi folks,

I was on airtel edge until a few days back, 'E' icon (for edge) in my iphone 2g suddenly disappeared. And it has never come back till now. I dont even see the blue square icon (for gprs). As a result i can't use edge/gprs at all.

I've confirmed with airtel that my edge is still activated.

I'm on IPhone v2.01fw..Never upgraded after that. Should i upgrade to 2.1fw?

Any suggestions? I can't find any solutions other than upgrading (which is time consuming & might delete my personal data).

tried a hard reset?

(Home + power for 10 seconds)

Anyway, if you do decide to switch to 2.1 (which fixes a lot of sluggishness on the phone), don't bother to unlock the phone,,it'll work as is on airtel

^^ yeah tried the hard reset - doesn't change anything.

Oh that's a good news that i wont need to unlock anymore. I had shifted to airtel only a month back.

I upgraded to 2.1, but still no E icon. I put my sim in another phone (motorokr e6), even after enabling gprs, the phone could not connect to the internet. I think there is some problem in the sim card.

Any other suggestions?

^^Yep, there's probably a problem with the SIM. Try someone else's sim card in your iPhone and check whether the EDGE service works. In all likelihood, it ought to.

^^ yeah someone else's sim card with edge enabled works fine in my phone - E icon also appears...am going to airtel cc today to show this problem...

Back