[no longer available] Free Win 8.1 key to Dreamspark members

Uh, guys, help me out here. What is ACM, how do I register, how do I get Dreamspark credentials, and how do I get Win 8.1 key?

EDIT: Nevermind. Went through the first post and related threads.

OK so I do have one doubt. Even though the registration page clearly states that there will be no Dreamspark Premium Package services included for the student membership, will we still get the option to 'opt-in' a few days later? Or have they since changed their policies and we need to register with a more expensive membership tier?

OK so I do have one doubt. Even though the registration page clearly states that there will be no Dreamspark Premium Package services included for the student membership, will we still get the option to 'opt-in' a few days later? Or have they since changed their policies and we need to register with a more expensive membership tier?

I just got my Dreamspark details on my new ACM account created yesterday
So, you will still be able to get a legit copy of windows with new ACM accounts

You'll get 2 keys of 8.1,one of 8 and the rest..
There is one more windows 8 key. look for Microsoft Windows 8 N Debug/Checked Build, could be activated on windows 8/ 8.1 N Edition.
N Edition does not have windows media player but could be installed with media media feature pack from microsoft.

Guys I have one query, I had installed Windows 8 via dreamspark account. these editions aren't eligible for 8.1 upgrade ?

All versions will get upgrades to 8.1 - that is a no brainer question.
rxJUcM4.png

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/why-can-t-find-update-store

A quick help here. I was able to update two of three PCs using the Windows Store. All three PCs had the Win 8 installed, using the ISO pulled from the Dreamspark. For the updated PCs, it wasn't tough updating since they both were always connect to high speed internet. My third PC doesn't have access to huge data download so updating that one using Windows Store is out of question. Also my dreamspark account is no more.

So cutting all the flab, where can I get the windows 8.1 ISO so that I am able to upgrade my dreamspark windows 8 offline?

Back