No LPG Subsidy from Jan 2016 for consumers with 10 Lac Income

Introduction of DBT, linking that with aadhar card, repealing lpg subsidies et.al
Again you fail to answer my question. This is the last time I am gonna try and get an answer from you.

This scheme is gonna rely on IT returns to find out who earns more than 10LPA. So how does this system weed out those people who don't declare their incomes correctly. If those people will still keep getting subsidies, then why not me?

And for that it'll tax your income and you will have to oblige.
Do we milking cows have any other option? :D

Taxing is absolutely necessary for developing a nation. But your govt's policies/views are flawed.

It's quite shameful that your govt can't provide any benefits/privileges to those who pay taxes. Why don't they give us a priority card for toll booths? Why can't they provide taxpayers with instant LPG refills? Why can't they let esteemed taxpayers skip Delhi's even-odd rule*? After all these are guys who are paying for your roads, water etc.

What your govt actually do is create even more complex IT return forms year after year. They make us run from pillar to post to take our last 1L in the form of some shady policies/bonds. People might be earning 10LPA but govt doesn't let them spend all those 10L in a year.

I am not availing LPG subsidy and I don't mind paying taxes at all... my only grouse is that I don't have any black money. I want to live like politicians with mattresses filled with currency notes. I wish to spend all the money that I earn.

*Delhi's even-odd rule: Bureaucratic family. Multiple govt vehicles. Multiple personal vehicles. Multiple houses in NCR. I am currently not affected by this rule but maybe in the future.

I think you have similar feelings for subsidies you get/taxes you are compelled to pay!
Let me know if it's some new song. If it's the old one then I've heard it.

This is not in response to your video. I always had such a feeling about the govt. If govt was a person, I'd screw him/her like this:

Again you fail to answer my question. This is the last time I am gonna try and get an answer from you.

This scheme is gonna rely on IT returns to find out who earns more than 10LPA. So how does this system weed out those people who don't declare their incomes correctly. If those people will still keep getting subsidies, then why not me?
I would re iterate what I have said earlier. Policies are made, keeping in mind citizens who obey them and who are morally and ethically clean. If your neighbour is hiding income, do you think he is doing the right thing? I think all of us here are moral enough to atleast do this bit for the country. Just because someone you know is engaging is malicious activity and not getting caught, doesn't mean that you will do the same. If someone murders and is not tried legally, would you start killing people too? There is something known as a personal code of conduct which I think we must adhere to.

Secondly, this is not some imaginary figure the govt has come up with randomly. This cap of 10l must be a research arithmetic. It must mean something about affordability. And thus, I think we should not think so selfishly and act certain ways which in the longer run would be a deterrent in the path to the nations progress.

It's quite shameful that your govt can't provide any benefits/privileges to those who pay taxes. Why don't they give us a priority card for toll booths? Why can't they provide taxpayers with instant LPG refills? Why can't they let esteemed taxpayers skip Delhi's even-odd rule*? After all these are guys who are paying for your roads, water etc.
Talk of taking things for granted. Let me ennumerate what the government is providing you. It is providing you with security, plus roads, swanky metro rails, public infrastructure, airports for your multi city travels, warehouses where they stock sports cars you buy, it is refining the petrol you put in your sports car to name a few. Now compare that with the amount of tax you pay. I hope you will understand the cost benefit ratio of the taxes paid.

Now bear in mind that our govt doesn't have enough for everyone. People in villages can't use the metalled roads in Delhi. I can safely say that the road in front of your govt house in Lutyens Delhi has been made by some taxpayers money living in some tier 3 city of Maharashtra. Even he is silently paying taxes and he can't even rant on social media. But you on the other hand can afford. So why are you so much worried about this annulment of taxes. You should be happy that the taxes you pay would hopefully reach someone in dire need of them. You can atleast HOPE. What happens on ground is another issue to deliberate upon...

I think all of us here are moral enough to atleast do this bit for the country.

I am not inclined to do anything for our country anymore. I will do whatever I can, for the people, but nothing for the country if radical changes are not made in the coming few years.

Talk of taking things for granted. Let me ennumerate what the government is providing you. It is providing you with security, plus roads, swanky metro rails, public infrastructure, airports for your multi city travels, warehouses where they stock sports cars you buy, it is refining the petrol you put in your sports car to name a few. Now compare that with the amount of tax you pay. I hope you will understand the cost benefit ratio of the taxes paid

Do you live in a parallel universe mate?

What roads and security are you talking about?
If tomorrow, I get run over by Salman Khan or Ambani's son, can you guarantee that I will get justice in India.

I was once stopped late at night in Chandigarh by cops and my car was searched. After, the search, I asked for the complaint book as I was not happy with the way search was conducted and wanted to leave my feedback. I was threatened by the cops and then detained and not allowed to leave until someone from my family came to collect me. What ****in security are you talking about when policemen are worse than Gundas.

In my village, where I live currently, the roads are barely visible. When we enquired about their ill fate, we were told that roads will only get built every 5 years. We then enquired that why then the roads don't last for 5 yrs. We got the reply that they should but the contracts always go to relatives of the local politicians and hence no action is taken on them when the roads become non existent after just 2 yrs.

I appreciate your optimism, but things have gone too far down the drain and only radical change can do any good now.
Plus whether you agree/like it or not, but the privileges/security etc are only for the rich. I don't like it, but that's the truth and nothing you wish/hope for can change that, at least for now.

I was threatened by the cops and then detained and not allowed to leave until someone from my family came to collect me. What ****in security are you talking about when policemen are worse than Gundas.

Now you know whom to contact (Read Criminal) in case you become a victim of police atrocities. :p

I have tried hard not to post in this thread so far but couldn't stop laughing at this
it is refining the petrol you put in your sports car to name a few
That's some blind love for the govt :D

Last edited:
This policy of govt. appears discriminatory that's why I am against it. While making a policy it has to at least make serious attempt to avoid discrimination based on PAN card, IT payment etc. They need to seriously think about working on defining real 10LPA earners. By this policy they are forcing honest(intentionally or otherwise) people to pay for development.
Also I am not sure that saving of this 130cr will be fully added to the development plan due to high leakage and wastage in our economy. I am highly cynical about govt's. capability to fully or substantially utilize this subsidy saving towards real development.

This policy of govt. appears discriminatory that's why I am against it. While making a policy it has to at least make serious attempt to avoid discrimination based on PAN card, IT payment etc. They need to seriously think about working on defining real 10LPA earners. By this policy they are forcing honest(intentionally or otherwise) people to pay for development.
Also I am not sure that saving of this 130cr will be fully added to the development plan due to high leakage and wastage in our economy. I am highly cynical about govt's. capability to fully or substantially utilize this subsidy saving towards real development.

So honest people should not pay for development?

Yup honest people are the ones to be milked because we are the Jersey cows. The ones who evade taxes, save loads of money (read more than half of your govt employees if not all) can still mint my money through tax schemes and build those roads that you were talking about.

A thought currently lurking in my mind now when I am typing this - "Hope I can go home early today to beat the traffic due to the pot holes on one half of the Whitefield road that your gvt built for us IT tax payers

This is a politician's interpretation of a statement. It should have been interpreted as 'if this policy continues more honest people will turn dishonest and stop paying'

Anyhow what I wanted to say that before govt' starts preparing policy where honest people are forced to pay for govt's developmental strategies, it needs to seriously work on techniques to bring more people into the "honest" group. In fact for a country like ours these strategies needs to be visited every time there is debate on a policy like these.

W/o that the paying people will always oppose developmental policies like these and will do their best to avoid paying. Again I am saying that I am reluctant to pay because of the following reasons:

I am not finding enough being done to bring all capable people into the payment net
I am not convinced that the amount I am paying is substantially being used for development of my society.

Because of these reasons I will try my level best to avoid paying.
Likewise if more people stop paying and govt goes bankrupt then everybody suffers and then may be the society will awaken to reform itself and the govt it chooses else it will destroy itself fro good.

Last edited:
A thought currently lurking in my mind now when I am typing this - "Hope I can go home early today to beat the traffic due to the pot holes on one half of the Whitefield road that your gvt built for us IT tax payers
Well, if you are so unhappy with the government, use Democratic means of showing dissent I.e. vote the present govt out. Why are you so pro tax evasion? Justifying wrong doesn't make it right!

Because of these reasons I will try my level best to avoid paying.
Likewise if more people stop paying and govt goes bankrupt then everybody suffers and then may be the society will awaken to reform itself and the govt it chooses else it will destroy itself fro good.
This is the reason the govt needs taxes. It is a moral responsibility of a citizen to pay tax irrespective of carrot or stick. Also, the govt is slow moving towards anti tax evasion deterrents.

Well, if you are so unhappy with the government, use Democratic means of showing dissent I.e. vote the present govt out. Why are you so pro tax evasion? Justifying wrong doesn't make it right!
And who on Earth told you that I am evading tax? Did you just assume it? I am saying I am not paying anything more to support the "poor" cause of your gvt that hasnt returned anything that I have paid for so far and so dont trust it anymore.

BTW, I voted. did u vote too?

And who on Earth told you that I am evading tax? Did you just assume it? I am saying I am not paying anything more to support the "poor" cause of your gvt that hasnt returned anything that I have paid for so far and so dont trust it anymore.

BTW, I voted. did u vote too?
yes I did.

And btw how do you know that your money has not been used somewhere?

Taxes are cumulative funds which are directed towards some cause. So you are reaping benefits of taxes paid indirectly.

yes I did.

And btw how do you know that your money has not been used somewhere?

Taxes are cumulative funds which are directed towards some cause. So you are reaping benefits of taxes paid indirectly.

Yeah I read about my money being used for the petrol in their gvt vehicles and not on the roads that I ply. Yes.. Indirectly I get so much pleasure in riding on the bumpy roads with traffic vows, having to make sure that my family members are safe home by driving them myself due to the premium security provided by the gvt, driving or riding my vehicles on low consumption mode since an avg Jack like me cant dream of cost effective petrol prices, happily cover my nose on the road due to those advanced benifits of pollution (read dust) on the road.

The satisfaction in the indirect benefits that I am reaping for the tax that I paid are much more than these.. these are just some examples of my daily routines.

Now the surprise part, VOILA its not just me, there are other morons like me who pay their taxes and go through the same routines daily since we dont care for the money we earn and we donate it through "tax schemes".

Now the surprise part, VOILA its not just me, there are other morons like me who pay their taxes and go through the same routines daily since we dont care for the money we earn and we donate it through "tax schemes".

So what do you propose? You want to stop paying taxes?

So what do you propose? You want to stop paying taxes?
No..
1) Blind love for the gvt - we dont care for ourselves and what they do is alright.
2) Pay more when they ask for more - obviously we are the donors and they are the poor receivers who are spending for a good cause (Ferrari prices are soaring high these days)

On a serious note -
If you havent heard of it, there are protests undertaken in Whitefield by the "rich donors" like us for the "indirect benefit" of a better road and we are waiting fr results which are hard to come.
When someone in this forum is saying he wont pay anything more, he means that he doesn't see any benefit for himself. Voting doesnt make life easy. Sometimes protests and deterrent attitude might help and thats what the forum is trying to tell you.

No..
1) Blind love for the gvt - we dont care for ourselves and what they do is alright.
2) Pay more when they ask for more - obviously we are the donors and they are the poor receivers who are spending for a good cause (Ferrari prices are soaring high these days)

On a serious note -
If you havent heard of it, there are protests undertaken in Whitefield by the "rich donors" like us for the "indirect benefit" of a better road and we are waiting fr results which are hard to come.
When someone in this forum is saying he wont pay anything more, he means that he doesn't see any benefit for himself. Voting doesnt make life easy. Sometimes protests and deterrent attitude might help and thats what the forum is trying to tell you.
See this post was about lpg and subsidies attached to it. If you can afford to pay for cylinders, why the hell should the government subsidise lpg for you? Don't you think it would be better if the needy get more benefits?

This is my fundamental question to all of you. You can afford fuel, gas etc, then why are you still expecting doles?

Believe me I have been trying to do it democratically for last 16 years, whenever I can. It seems it is not working - call me whatever. Look I am just a normal human being trying to fulfill my selfish interest. I also believe my selfish interests are better served by being selfless to an extent - upliftment surrounding infra benefits my transportation and communication, bettering the lives of unfortunate people in bastis arround my home makes my life in the community peaceful and harmonious. In fact I started my adulthood with these convictions and I still believe in those.
But I have started realizing that, democracy in a country like India, is a failure where we have the majority as 'illiterates' - educated as well as uneducated. Now I am more inclined towards a benign autocratic rule like Lee Kuan of Singapore. If that also fails then let anarchy prevail which is likely to destroy the current society and then lead to a formation of another community from scratch

Back