PC Peripherals No MSI Service Center in KOLKATA?

romit

Disciple
Hi guys.

My motherboard is an MSI P35 Platinum Combo, just 1yr old & is within warranty. I bought it from Supreme IT Mall (35 Chittaranjan Avenue, Ground Floor, Kolkata –700 012).

I applied some thermal paste on the processor (Pentium D 830), put the cooler/heatsink (CM Geminii-S) back. After installing everything, when I powered on the pc, the motherboard kept restarting again & again in an interval of 8-10 seconds. Besides there was no display from the graphics card. I inspected the CPU socket (LGA775) and found a pin bent. I tested my PSU, processor and graphics card on another motherboard and found them to be okay.

But the after sales service guy, Mr. Shashi Poddar, at Supreme IT Mall is blaming me for the damage to the CPU pin and not accepting the motherboard saying that the warranty is void in case of CPU pin damage.

Doesn't MSI have any infrastructure to repair or replace damaged parts in Kolkata? I'm ready to pay the extra charges if any "OUT OF WARRANTY" repair work is carried out in an authorized MSI service center. Guys please help. I'm at a total loss:down:.

romit said:
Doesn't MSI have any infrastructure to repair or replace damaged parts in Kolkata? I'm ready to pay the extra charges if any "OUT OF WARRANTY" repair work is carried out in an authorized MSI service center. Guys please help. I'm at a total loss:down:.

Infact the nat. distry for MSI is Kolkata based Tirupati Enterprises. U can contact them at :

11, Robert Street,
1st Floor, Kolkata - 700012
Phone - 033-22251192 / 93 Fax - 033-22251276
Contact - Mr. Ranjit Singh

afaik, their aftersale service is very good :cool2:

Yeah, on the MSI mobo box "Distributed by Tirupati Enterprises" is mentioned on a sticker. Supreme IT Mall buys its MSI mobos from Tirupati Enterprises. Should I contact Tirupati Enterprises then? Do you know whether they can RMA MSI mobos? Kindly reply.

u take the bill and go to tirupati they will help u................those guys really helped me in changing the mobo,,,they replacd my abit mobo with msi one within 30 mins,,,,,,,

One more vote for the Tirupati guys, they took my suspect 4870X2 and checked it out, and even promised to get it RMA'ed at any point during the warranty period (even if it checked out fine) if I wanted it to be done. The guys are really helpful, a far cry from Rashi which just makes you want to tear someone's head off.

sankhadeep said:
u take the bill and go to tirupati they will help u................those guys really helped me in changing the mobo,,,they replacd my abit mobo with msi one within 30 mins,,,,,,,
cranky said:
One more vote for the Tirupati guys, they took my suspect 4870X2 and checked it out, and even promised to get it RMA'ed at any point during the warranty period (even if it checked out fine) if I wanted it to be done. The guys are really helpful, a far cry from Rashi which just makes you want to tear someone's head off.

Thanks a lot guys:). I'm going to Tirupati tomorrow, lets see what happens:).

do one thiing u give my reference,,,,,,,,,,,the guy who sits in the small room knows me well,,since i am a dentist,,,,,he knows me.last time he had a pain in tooth he consulted me..........i bought many things from him,,,,,,,,,,i think that should help

Back