No PC version for Gears of War 2

YoGi-Sama

Skilled
Yes... that's true and that's sad news for people like me who don't own Console, or rely solely on their PCs for gaming pleasure. :mad::mad:

Gears of War 2 Designer: Savvy Gamers Know How to Pirate - Tom's Hardware

Speaking to IGN in an interview from late August, Gears of War designer Cliff Bleszinski said, “Gears of War is a great franchise first and foremost for Xbox 360, and therefore we’re focusing on that platform for Gears of War 2. We’ve decided we’re not going to do a PC version this time around.â€

I was looking forward to play the sequel... now my dreams are shattered!! :no:

You know what I think.... I think Epic is just done lazy. They could learn a thing or two from Valve. Epic and EA both are crying and calling fowl on PC piracy, don't even tell me that Piracy isn't possible on Consoles.

Valve, on the other hand successful distribution system... which evidently helps them cut down quite a bit on piracy. You can pirate Valve games, no doubt about it but you can't use steam and other online benefits. If Valve can do both PC and Console platforms, and enjoy success at both ends.... how can one justify Epic and EA (DRM? in a friggin game? wtf?).

I bought GoW, and I won't deny that I enjoyed it immensely... in fact, I bought it quite a time after it was released and rumors of GoW2 were already afloat. That also was one of the reasons, that I enjoyed it so much that I wanted the sequel. Now I feel I'm kinda left cheated... that I've been given only half the bread and now they tell me I'll have to buy a plate to get other half of the bread.

iGo said:
Valve, on the other hand successful distribution system... which evidently helps them cut down quite a bit on piracy. You can pirate Valve games, no doubt about it but you can't use steam and other online benefits. If Valve can do both PC and Console platforms, and enjoy success at both ends.... how can one justify Epic and EA (DRM? in a friggin game? wtf?).

+1 to Valve efficiency. Very well said.

That's just total BS.It will come out for sure.Wait for sometime & have patience.Remember how gung-ho they were all about their first Gears of War title being exclusive to 360 & stuff like that but later announced one for the PC too.I strongly think this guy is bluffing.

BTW piracy won't be the reason for it not coming to PC.All games which come out for the 360 aren't spared from piracy either so if they think Xbox is safe from pirates then they are living on fantasy island.:p

WTF, no GoW2 on the pc....now where's my rocket launcher....

guess ill just play it on my X360 then.... but seriously i think it will be eventually released on the PC after a few months. These buggers r just trying to sell the X360 exclusivity crap to ppl i think.

this is what they all say but it would come out eventually to PC. but this exclusivity is actually doing more harm than anything to the gaming society and the game developers alike.

“Here’s the problem right now; the person who is savvy enough to want to have a good PC to upgrade their video card, is a person who is savvy enough to know bit torrent to know all the elements so they can pirate software.”

As per the comments stated by Cliff Bleszinski, console gamers are technologically imbeciles, who doesn't know how to use torrents.

Based on the comments by Cliff, does Epic games deserve their place in PC gaming alliance!

iGo said:
You know what I think.... I think Epic is just done lazy. They could learn a thing or two from Valve. Epic and EA both are crying and calling fowl on PC piracy, don't even tell me that Piracy isn't possible on Consoles.

I bought GoW, and I won't deny that I enjoyed it immensely... in fact, I bought it quite a time after it was released and rumors of GoW2 were already afloat. That also was one of the reasons, that I enjoyed it so much that I wanted the sequel. Now I feel I'm kinda left cheated... that I've been given only half the bread and now they tell me I'll have to buy a plate to get other half of the bread.

+1 Valve is doing a wonderful job compared to others.

this is a very lame justification for not bringing out GOW2 for PC.
but i also think eventually they will bring out the pc version later on.

well if i remember it right..when Gears1 was supposed to come out Cliify B said that Gears is so advanced that no PC could handle it...and after a week mark rein commented that Cllify is jus the head of the 360 version of the game and had no rights to comment and another platform ..plus said that gears could be done on PC...and a yr later it was on pc.

Cliify made a fool of himself back den.

Ny ways wht i am tryin to say ..is that whether a game releases on a particular platform ..is finally upto epic (mark rein) and the publisher Microsoft..I jus hope cliffy doesnt make a fool of himself again.

Poor nerd ..tryin to be badass. :p

arnold said:
Cliffy doesnt make a fool of himself again.

Well... as far as I can see, He's already done it. If he thinks that only PC people pirate and Console folks don't, he has to be certified idiot.

Gears of War for PC was a BIG disappointment for me. I bought the original version for online play, and it suckkkkkkkked.

The singleplayer game was alright. Nothing special.

Back