Nokia 600, 700, 701, Essence BT headset, Symbian Belle announced

R0H!T

Adept
Launch: Nokia 600

The Nokia 600 is made to get the party moving with a super loud speaker inside (it’s rated at a window-rattling 106 phon). Option two for music is an FM transmitter so you can blast your music through the nearest radio; and third, the FM receiver has an internal antennae, so you don’t have to plug in earphones to listen.

Like our other new smartphones launched today, the Nokia 600 also comes with NFC, so you can use it with accessories like the Nokia Play 360° speakers, as well as tap to share pictures and use other emerging NFC apps. The free, NFC-enabled versions of Angry Birds and Fruit Ninja included in the package are another way to use the technology.

Running through the specs, the Nokia 600 is powered by Symbian Belle and a 1GHz processor. The display is 3.2-inch nHD capacitive touch screen with a resolution of 640 x 360 pixels. It measures 111 x 53 x 13mm and weighs 100g.

The Nokia 600 comes with a pentaband radio, and supports 3G data rates up to HSUPA standards, as well as WiFi and Bluetooth. As you’d expect, there’s also A-GPS with an accelorometer and magnetometer. There’s 2GB of internal memory on board, with support for up to another 32GB of storage using a MicroSD card. There’s a 5-megapixel full-focus camera on the back, with an LED flash, that can take stills and 720p video. The battery will last for up to 15 hours talk-time on GSM, and up to 550 hours in standby.

The Nokia 600 will be available in black, white, pink and lime flavours from the third quarter of 2011. Before taxes and operator subsidies, it will cost around EUR 180.

Launch: Nokia 700

Coming with Symbian Belle preinstalled, this is a smaller, smoother Symbian experience than you’ve ever had before. The Nokia 700 measures just 110 x 50.7 x 9.7mm and weighs only 96g. It’s ideal for people who want a smartphone that slips easily into their pocket but don’t want to miss out on modern smartphone functionality.

Like our other recent smartphones, the Nokia 700 offers a pentaband radio, WiFi and up to HSUPA 3G data transfers. It’s powered by a 1GHz processor, and also incorporates GPS, a compass, Bluetooth and an FM radio. The battery life is rated at up to 7.3 hours talk-time or up to 465 hours on standby. There’s a 5-megapixel full focus camera with an LED flash for capturing pictures and video. It comes with 2GB of user memory plus a MicroSD card slot for up to 32GB of extra storage.

The screen is a 3.2-inch ClearBlack AMOLED display with Corning® Gorilla® Glass on top. This gives excellent brightness and contrast: it almost looks as though the icons are painted on the surface.

There’s also NFC built in, so you can touch to share pictures, use NFC-enabled accessories such as the Nokia Play 360°, and enjoy more applications as they arrive.

The Nokia 700 is also our greenest phone to date. Like all our other Nokia devices, it’s free of pollutants like PVC, RFR and BFR. It’s also constructed using materials like bio-plastics, recycled plastics and recycled metals. Thanks to the AMOLED screen, ambient light sensor and power-save mode, the Nokia 700 will remain environmentally responsible throughout its life. Like every Nokia, it can be 100% recycled once it’s time to move on.

Coming in cool grey, silver/white, coral red, peacock blue and purple varieties, the Nokia 700 is expected to retail at around EUR 270 without local taxes or operator subsidies and is expected to become available in the third quarter of 2011

Launch: Nokia 701

Like our other new smartphones today, the Nokia 701 is powered by Symbian Belle and a 1GHz processor. It’s got a pentaband radio, with HSUPA 3G, WiFi, NFC and all the other standard features on our new smartphones like Bluetooth, GPS and FM radio. It measures 11 x 56.8 x 117.3mm and weighs 131g.

But it’s the touchscreen display that makes the Nokia 701 stand out. This is a 3.5-inch IPS LCD display with ClearBlack technology, creating a great combination of excellent brightness and contrast – it’s in fact the brightest smartphone screen to date (in terms of NITs). Of course, as with all our new smartphones, it’s wrapped in Corning® Gorilla® Glass, so you don’t need to worry about its sturdiness either.

It’s not all about good looks, though: there’s real horsepower as well. Behind the screen is a brand new graphics co-processor, with a faster clock and four times the graphics memory of previous Symbian smartphones.

There’s an 8-megapixel full focus camera with a dual-LED flash on the back, and there’s a secondary camera at the front for video calling. Inside there’s 8GB of user memory, with provision for up to 32GB extra storage using a MicroSD card.

All this functionality doesn’t mean that you’re left with a phone that can’t see you through a working day, though. The battery is rated at up to 17 hours talktime over GSM or up to 550 hours on standby (8.8/504h over 3G).

The Nokia 701 will be available in steel dark, silver light, amethyst violet, and white variations and is expected to come to market in the third quarter of 2011. Before local taxes or operator subsidies, it will cost around EUR 290.

Launch: Nokia Essence Bluetooth Headset

Symbian Belle

Free-form, resizable, live widgets: widgets like the clock, email, music player, favourite contacts and the calendar have been redesigned and now come in five different sizes. They can also be resized and rearranged to create a completely personalised set of screens. There are also new ‘Toggle’ widgets for tasks like switching on Bluetooth and changing profiles.

More homescreens: with Symbian Belle the maximum number of homescreens rises from three to six, so now you can have absolutely everything close at hand.

Improved status bar: the status bar sports a modern, flat look and incorporates a pull down notifications tab that incorporates common settings and notification of incoming messages, missed calls and the rest.

Modernised navigation: the navigation and options bar at the bottom of the screen sports a modern, new look, similar to that first seen on the Nokia N9.

New apps: a new suite of powerful business apps from Microsoft includes Lync (IM for businesses, like Microsoft Communicator), Sharepoint, OneNote, Exchange ActiveSync and PowerPoint Broadcaster.

Informative lock screen: the lock screen now tells you about missed calls, messages in your inbox and more, so you can check your phone at a glance. You can now also add a coloured wallpaper to your lock screen.

NFC devices: With Symbian Belle, Near-Field Communications (NFC) is now deeply integrated into the operating system, so you can share pictures, connect with accessories, and check-in – all with just a tap.

I am disappointed that -
1. no handset with 4" screen
2. no handset with AF camera (even 5Mp or 8Mp will do)

other than that I think right price tag + Belle combo has good potential

Metalspree said:
Whats with the naming are they copying Android first Anna now Belle.

Ya, but I don't think it's copying android

This is great because Nokia is finally doing the right thing by catching up with Android with Belle. I do not think it is too late but it is a little late though considering that within a few months a major announcement of iOS 5 and Android 4.0 (ICS) and Nokia will be forgotten unless you are an die hard Nokia fan. Android and iOS will keep on evolving so Nokia will always be a step behind.

Lets see what Nokia does. If they are well received then Nokia can ease up on killing Symbian completely and still continue to use it. So that they can have Symbian running on certain phones and use WP7 for their best phones.

I think they should launch a C6-00 successor but with 3.5" screen CBD - like a smaller E7.
With hardware QWERTY and Belle, it can be a hit if priced in the range of 12-15k coz this segment has very few options below 20k.

Irony ! First they curse android then they try to copy its features.

Even though I have some sort of affection towards symbian and these phones does offers tempting deal, I just cannot push myself in spending another Nokia device because of dearth of applications. On the other hand android is brimming with applications. Will see if I can get a deal for my aging 5235 and S60 else will exchange it with some new Nokia device.

Here are some cool videos ..

N600 should be priced around 10k.

And there's the N500, which might not have the "loudest loudspeaker" tag, but if it brings 720p video and Symbian Belle for under 8k, replacing the C5-03, I would call it a WIN.

Being a Nokia/symbian fan, Nice to see more symbian phones coming up..

But they really need to push these devices as fast in the market as possible, they have a lot to catch up to..

akj_1989 said:
Being a Nokia/symbian fan, Nice to see more symbian phones coming up..

But they really need to push these devices as fast in the market as possible, they have a lot to catch up to..

All 3 handsets are expected to ship in 3rd quarter...so before Sept end. That is pretty fast by Nokia's standard!

I was expecting N 801 ( N8 successor with 1GHz, 512 RAM, newer GPU :( ) I will not buy EDoF again...EVER. EDoF should be restricted strictly to sub-10k phones.

Seriously still no AF cmon. Market share is dwindling and they r killing themselves. Why not a killer phone with 5MP top-notch AF camera, 1Ghz App Processor, Symbian Belle, 4 inch 800X454 Capacitive screen Screen At 10k (200~220 Euro) price point. Why Nokia why ! Is it so difficult ...they will release Nokia 600 at 9k in India and no sales and will get down to 7kish in 3-4 mnths. Rather give everyone a top notch Nokia we know it for at 10k :( and no need of discounting it for at least half a year

dhruvrock2000 said:
^^ Define too late.
All this software upgrades should have been released 2 yrs ago at time android started rising.

When android was shipping with 1ghz processor as common find.nokia was releasing its top end version with 600mhz.

Now symbian is orphan with accenture (outsourcing business ) is controlling development.

how we expect that accenture will continue support and releasing firmware upgrades for step child.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

pratikb said:
how we expect that accenture will continue support and releasing firmware upgrades for step child.

May be because Accenture is PAID to take care of that step child, failing which it might not continue to get paid?

@Darky, what new apps do you need on Symbian? All the games on Android are already on Symbian, Swype, DocsToGo, QuickOffice.. what else do you need?

Heck, remember that the Nokia Store is the second largest app-store out there, only behind Apple's. Also, Symbian still has the largest user base of any mobile OS out there.

What Agantuk and TechHead said pretty much sums it up. Exactly what kind of apps are you looking for ?? Most of the popular ones are already there on the Ovi Store.

TechHead said:
@Darky, what new apps do you need on Symbian? All the games on Android are already on Symbian, Swype, DocsToGo, QuickOffice.. what else do you need?

Heck, remember that the Nokia Store is the second largest app-store out there, only behind Apple's. Also, Symbian still has the largest user base of any mobile OS out there.

^ Exactly my thought.You got pretty much every good app in ovi store.

Unless you are looking specifically for 'Farting Zombies' , 'Mobile massager' , 'IamDrunk' etc , OVI store `s got`em all !

^^ Ya its true...but for the enthusiast community who wants to tinker with the custom ROMs. We dont have something as popular as say a CM7 for Symbian :(....thats the only sad part. For apps , they are there....but not as polished.Say for Facebook, its most polished on iphone/Ipad...a bit worse on Android and more worse on Symbian. Problem is Nokia is not in a position to spend huge amount on Apps Community and Development. Google and Apple are blowing 100 millions of $s a quarter w/o any whip on app community !

Still tell me why there in no AF even on a 8MP shooter that is supposed to cost upward of 15k !! And I get an Android Micromax A70 with a decent 5MP AF shooter for just 6k ! Cmon in India apart from Samsung...Nokia is having a big challenge in the low-end market with Micromax and Spice....and again they are happy to just sleep ! I luv Nokia and would like to see them to take the competition heads on. They have a huge engg facility which can easily do that...but as usual they have just woken up from sleep and not started to run yet !

Back