Nokia 6630 or LG M4410

Hmmm,But are u sure u r goin to use the bluetooth headset??

Vandal

Great Idea dude! but it will be better to start the topic in a new thread...

Yes, but if it is available (at least in theory) for 11.5k with bluetooth, why shud I spend 11k for without?

And yes, I probably will use the bluetooth if it is there... but it seems I am destined to use the 6630... godawful ugly piece of....

i wanted to buy a new cell..i like the looks of sony ericson w600i(550i)whtver....but i hav a gut feeling after the launch of n91...nokia.....prices of all mobile will fall down.....4gb memory...m i correct or shd i go with plan to buy new one

Quoted by Vandal

btw i u want symbian go for the P910i, else don't go symbian @ all.....

What makes you say that? care to elaborate?

The Nokia Symbian phones are pretty good, and the 6630 processor is capable enough to decode DivX in real time, good enough to run the NES and even the Gameboy simulators and alot more too

Coming back to the topic, I'd recomment the 6630 if for nothing else, but the Symbian...

Knowing u KK, you'd have a ball with the capabilities of the Symbian OS.....

Java comes nowehere close to Symbian in terms of capabilities....

I too wasn't very keen on a Symban phone but somehow ended up buying a Nokia 3230 and trust me, I was amazed (almost) by the capabilities of this tiny OS

Let me know if Symbian intersts you, so that I post what I use my Symbian phone for

Well. looks like I might go for 6630 after all... it is a bit easier to get, and if I have top pay 13k+ might as well get 3g in the bargain.

KingKrool said:
Well. looks like I might go for 6630 after all... it is a bit easier to get, and if I have top pay 13k+ might as well get 3g in the bargain.
Buy that phone not! Don't side with those fascist, right-winged oppressors of freedom. Do what's right, my friend; don't give in to the dark side.

Or for 11k pick up the mpx220 that someone's selling over here in this forum.

the w550 is 15k+!! Cannot afford that just to listen to some mp3s.. the reason I said I might go for the 6630 after all is because that was myoriginal choice until I heard of the 11.5k LG.... it seemed a good deal with a bluetooth headset and USB cable...

KingKrool said:
the w550 is 15k+!! Cannot afford that just to listen to some mp3s.. the reason I said I might go for the 6630 after all is because that was myoriginal choice until I heard of the 11.5k LG.... it seemed a good deal with a bluetooth headset and USB cable...
Go for 6630, many of my friends have it(about 5 of them) none of them are complaining abt it. Its a nice mobile.

How mx4410's music quality? it says it has 3d surround sound stereo, so just like the output from e398 or better? And does it come with a good pair of headphones?

Just to add one more option, if you dont need a crappy integrated cmos camera, you can look for a Motorola Mpx200 for 8k with bill and 1 year warranty from ebay. It has stereo mp3, regular mmc/sd card support, a nice 2.2" tft screen & windows mobile 2002 (can also upgrade to windows mobile 2003 ! ) .

With the 6k you save from buying the 6630, you can get a 3.2 Mp Kodak CCD camera which is MUCH better than the crappy integrated cam of the 6630.

And finally, the mpx200 doesnt look like a brick ! :bleh:

Well, this thread is certainly active.
No mpx200 for me please, I need EDGE at least if not UMTS.
And motorola scares the hell out of me. How a company that practically started mobile communication managed to crap out as bad as they did beats me.
Any other models I should look at? The 6630 is playing hide and seek with me - only one shop has it in stock. I don't want to buy from them because the particular shop they occupy is cursed. Every other establishment that has been there earlier has closed in two or three months. I'd have problems if I needed any warranty suport later.

Well, I bought the 6630... looks a little ungainly but I will get used to that in a while... not really as bad as I thought. Anyway, nokia's user manual is the most user unfriendly thing known to mankind. I went through it for 20 minutes trying to figure out the way to insert the battery and MMC, couldn't find anything. Finally found this blue pamphlet which I had earlier passed off as one of the advertising things they had stuck in there (lots of stuff regarding the photo capabilities and some stuff printed on kodak paper blah blah). It had instructions, so I was then up and running. The phone is charging now, will check it out in the morning.

And apollyon, even kensha didn't have it.. apparently the phon is out of stock everywhere. The guy who sold it to me first said 13.25k (everywhere else was 13.3) then increased it to 13.5k. Said that the even the company is out of stock!

Back