Nokia E72 And 5530 XpressMusic

vb86

Adept
Nokia E72, 5530 XpressMusic get official

Nokia E72 leaks out in promo video form

Nokia's E72 and 5530 XpressMusic in the S60-powered flesh

Big upgrade from the E71. Makes my E71 look like sh1t. The 5530 is amazing looking too.

You'd think that Nokia would want to do a better job of building up such important product announcements with a long, drawn-out series of frustratingly unhelpful teasers, viral videos, and global PR campaigns, but instead, it turns out that the rumored E72 and 5530 XpressMusic have been officially unveiled at the company's Connection 09 event in Singapore. The E72 is arguably the bigger announcement of the two, succeeding the E71 by adding a whopping 5 megapixel camera, a 3.5mm headphone jack (thank goodness), integrated compass, 10.2Mbps HSDPA, and an optical navigation pad; it'll hit in the third quarter for €350 (about $489). Follow the break for video of the E72 in slick, polished, high-orchestrated marketing action. Next up, as we'd heard, the 5530 ends up being a small step down from the 5800 in the S60 5th Edition totem pole, offering just EDGE data without any form of 3G (though you've still got WiFi). It's got a 3.2 megapixel camera with LED flash, 3.5mm jack, and a 640 x 360 touchscreen display. Like the E72 it'll be available in the third quarter; it'll retail for €199 (about $278) unlocked.

Attachments

• nokia-e72-5530-ofc.jpg
    nokia-e72-5530-ofc.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 131
source - gsmarena:

Nokia 5530 XpressMusic

The full-touch Nokia 5530 XpressMusic will be the third S60 5th edition handset for the company, following the 5800 XpressMusic and Nokia N97. The two are easily among the most popular devices in our database and we suppose that Nokia 5530 will follow suit.

The Nokia 5530 XpressMusic sports a 2.9" 16M color display with a resolution of 640 x 360 pixels. A 3.2 megapixel camera with LED flash, accelerometer sensor and proximity sensor are some its other highlight features.

True to its XpressMusic nature, the Nokia 5530 also sports stereo speakers and a 3.5mm standard audio jack. There will also be WLAN on board the 5530 but unlike the other two touch-enabled Nokia phones there's no GPS - an obvious move to bring the price tag down.

Another missing feature is UMTS/HSDPA support, which quite obviously puts it into a lower market segment.

Nokia 5530 XpressMusic will start shipping in five different color versions in Q3 2009 each with a 4GB microSD card in the box. Its expected price is only 199 euro before subsides and taxes, which easily suits the hardware equipment.

Nokia E72

Nokia E72 packs a full hardware QWERTY keypad, much like its successor - Nokia E71, but follows the design of Nokia E52 and Nokia E55.

The Nokia E72 extends the functionality of its forerunner with a 5 megapixel camera, HSUPA (up to 2Mbps) and faster HSDPA (Up to 10Mbps). The UMTS support has upgraded and now the E72 will come with two tri-band versions (850/1900/2100 Mhz and 900/1900/2100 Mhz). The best part is that the Nokia E72 has managed to maintain the slim 10mm waistline of its predecessor, despite the added goodies.

Among the other goodies on board the new Nokia E72 is the new optical Navi key, which serves as an optical trackpad for going through menus and applications and the electronic compass that enhances the GPS navigation experience.

The rest of the Nokia E72 features are pretty much on par with the E71 - S60 3rd edition UI, a 2.4" QVGA landscape screen, microSD card slot and FM radio. On the connectivity end we've got WLAN, A-GPS, FM radio and quad-band GSM. There's also a 3.5mm standard audio jack, Bluetooh and USB onboard.

The Nokia E72 is expected to begin shipping late in the third quarter of 2009. It will be available in Zodium Black, Metal Grey and Topaz Brown. It expected price tag is 350 euro before subsidies and taxes with a 4GB microSD card in the box and a lifetime license for Nokia messaging.

@ GOW: Had they put those features as well in 5530 they wud have ended up making it another 5800 with and 18k price tag. At the price point at which it is supposed to come it features a 3.2 megapixel camera with flash plus a high res screen. Tell me how many entry level touch screen devices can boast of that. Plus you get a fast UI. I guess it should be a decent hit in the market.

motorheadinc said:
@ GOW: Had they put those features as well in 5530 they wud have ended up making it another 5800 with and 18k price tag. At the price point at which it is supposed to come it features a 3.2 megapixel camera with flash plus a high res screen. Tell me how many entry level touch screen devices can boast of that. Plus you get a fast UI. I guess it should be a decent hit in the market.
agreed.:hap2:

Nokia seems to have a notorious history of stopping their release of new firmwares when they release a successor of a phone. Hope that this will not happen with the 5800.

5530 is only a ripped down version and it seems that there is not much exciting about it. It's only my opinion, please spare me.....:bleh:

mathew_p_a said:
Nokia seems to have a notorious history of stopping their release of new firmwares when they release a successor of a phone. Hope that this will not happen with the 5800.

5530 is only a ripped down version and it seems that there is not much exciting about it. It's only my opinion, please spare me.....:bleh:

for people who already own 5800 5530 is not going to matter...but the stripped down 5530 has its pricing also stripped down (13k expected) with most of the goodies retained such as wifi,2.9" TS,3.5mm Jack and other matter a lot for new buyers....:hap2::clap:

You may be right there.. given they give away the phone for 13k.:bleh:

It seems to miss only GPS, 3G and the packaged memory card seems to be only 4GB.

3G comes at a premium and I donno when I will be able to use it:S

Raider123 said:
for people who already own 5800 5530 is not going to matter...but the stripped down 5530 has its pricing also stripped down (13k expected) with most of the goodies retained such as wifi,2.9" TS,3.5mm Jack and other matter a lot for new buyers....:hap2::clap:

So any reliable info about the pricing in India..? If it is around 12K to 13K, then it would sell good. Maybe I should hold my purchase of 5320XM for a couple of months.. What say guys..?

hp-india said:
So any reliable info about the pricing in India..? If it is around 12K to 13K, then it would sell good. Maybe I should hold my purchase of 5320XM for a couple of months.. What say guys..?

Actually its going to sell for 200 euros abroad, so may be not more than 13k in India....:hap2:

hp-india said:

If you put on hold your purchase of the Nokia 5320XM, you will not be able to buy the 5320XM ever again.

Its production has already stopped. So stocks at most shops are running low.
By 2-3 months, it would have had disappeared from most shops other than a few Nokia Priority dealers(i.e shops where you would not a very good price. They tend to overcharge a lot).

^^ Thanks for the info.. I have ordered the 5320XM from ebay already anyway.. Due to various reasons I could not delay the purchase anymore..

P.S: Any reasons why the production was stopped?

hp-india said:
^^ Thanks for the info.. I have ordered the 5320XM from ebay already anyway.. Due to various reasons I could not delay the purchase anymore..

P.S: Any reasons why the production was stopped?

I think Nokia is stopping productions of some phones to make way for newer models.

Also it may be because some phones have received a lot of criticism from reviewers and users alike for some shortcomings and as a result did not sell as much as Nokia would have expected.

The Nokia 5320XM had very bad battery life and small screen.

The Nokia N78's keypad was criticized just too much. Also for a long time(around 3-4 months), it was priced very near to that of the N82(a difference of less than Rs.1000), a vastly superior mobile. So, initially the sales of the N78 failed to kick off due to their bad pricing strategy and they doomed their product themselves.

Back