Nokia flagship N8 & 808 price drop

JPushkarH

Disciple
Recently price of nokia 808 & n8 is dropped to around 17k..
guys what do you think about these phone for sub 20 k category ...

N8 for 17k? Are you sure?
I think you mean just the 808..

For 17k , 808 seems a good deal for people who want a great camera in their phones. For everything else we have phones that are miles ahead of the humble 808.

Lol i thought it dropped further from 17k... still not worth it unless u don't like the idea to carry phone & camera separately. A basic phone + even an entry level P&S camera would be greater than this. I mean i loved N8 for its solid build quality & the great camera but still 17k is not justified for today's standard. Almost every phone >=15k have atleast 5mp camera which does 720p & click decent pics as far as the mobile photography is concerned.

Lol i thought it dropped further from 17k... still not worth it unless u don't like the idea to carry phone & camera separately. A basic phone + even an entry level P&S camera would be greater than this. I mean i loved N8 for its solid build quality & the great camera but still 17k is not justified for today's standard. Almost every phone >=15k have atleast 5mp camera which does 720p & click decent pics as far as the mobile photography is concerned.

I meant 17k for 808.

Are you sure about this. My Dad wants to retire his N8 and I think the 808 is the best option for him.

The rest of 808's features do not warrant spending 17k for it especially when you have a N8. So if clicking pics is the main purpose then N8 is good enough. If your dad wants a new phone then there are better options with Android and WP8.

He just wants a new phone and he doesn't want a smartphone. So the natural upgrade to the N8 seems to be the 808 to me. He does click a lot of pics. Has close to a 1000 pics on his N8 right now.

The camera is far better than all the P&S < 20k. It has a 1/1.2" sensor which many times larger than the P&S and almost equal to the ones in Nikon 1 series or SOny RX100. Only thing is you won't have optical zoom, but the digital zoom from the 38MP pics are pretty good.

The 808 would have decent amount of takers if it's priced around the 12 k range. I myself may pick one up as a no frills secondary phone.

Seeing the 808 price drop it made me take out my Nokia c7 symbian belle phone . Used it for a week . Although good build quality it hangs a lot . Stock symbian with no add on's . Put it back as its not half as smooth as my Micromax a110 on jelly bean . Or my S3 . Although did not directly want to compare it to s3 though . What I am trying to say is symbian is an old and laggy os . And best left behind . At the most you can compare it to gingerbread . Yes I do know that 808 has a much powerful processor compared to c7 . No offence to anyone . Buy galaxy s advance or quattro in that price range and a stand alone camera .

Seeing the 808 price drop it made me take out my Nokia c7 symbian belle phone . Used it for a week . Although good build quality it hangs a lot . Stock symbian with no add on's . Put it back as its not half as smooth as my Micromax a110 on jelly bean . Or my S3 . Although did not directly want to compare it to s3 though . What I am trying to say is symbian is an old and laggy os . And best left behind . At the most you can compare it to gingerbread . Yes I do know that 808 has a much powerful processor compared to c7 . No offence to anyone . Buy galaxy s advance or quattro in that price range and a stand alone camera .

For someone who doesn't want a smartphone and needs a device which takes decent pics, why would he buy a laggy Android phone and a separate P&S camera? Belle is more than enough to satisfy his needs and on 808 it rocks.

For someone who doesn't want a smartphone and needs a device which takes decent pics, why would he buy a laggy Android phone and a separate P&S camera? Belle is more than enough to satisfy his needs and on 808 it rocks.

Exactly. Dad only uses his phone for calls and pics. He doesn't even read his messages or reply to them. He has used the N8 for Maps and very rarely for music. For his kinda usage, even Symbian Belle is overkill. He clicks a lot of pics and won't buy anything less than a mid-range DSLR. Till than this will be more than enough. The camera unit on the 808 has been compared with top P&S cameras on various review sites and has passed with flying colors.

920 is better in low light and video recording.

808 is still the undisputed champion in daylight photography.

Back