Nokia for mom

Hello!

I'm looking for a nokia to gift my mom, want only a nokia as she's familiar with it..

Things I'm looking for,
Screen size (bigger the better!)
Nice keypad (Dont think she'll like a touchscreen)
Good battery life

Rest of the stuff(cam, music, expandable memory) are all bonus!

Budget, about 4-5k will stretch if something nice is there :)

Thanks!

^^
Wont the 7230 exceed your budget??
Also it is a slider. I have been wary of slider phones after my Nokia 5300 screen and keypad went bust after just 1.5years. Dont know if the slider tech has been improved in the meantime.

Also there is nothing wrong with the XM branding. The OS is same.
Also the battery capacity of the 5130XM is more - 1050mAh vs 860mAh

I had to decide among the 2700 classic the 2730 classic and the 5130XM for my mom. I ended up getting the 5130XM due to the better keypad. Apart from the keypad, I found it hard to stomach the 5130XM's looks too. But, the keypad is nice.

Since you already have an XM, you can think about changing your phone perhaps and giving the XM to your mom. If you don't want to give the 5130XM to your mom, you could probably look at the 2700 or the 2730 but I would not see the point of having two similar speced phones in the same house.

Oh no, I wouldn't want to give my phone to my mom :) I have a 5730XM..

I am basically looking at a largish screen(2.2/2.4") and now that I come to think of it, a large phone book. and a good keypad. that is about if for my mom..

Cam/Music and all would be stuff that will never/rarely used..

I couldn't find any website that could filter out the models by screen size, does one exist?

Open to more suggestions!

Thanks!

Spy king said:
Oh no, I wouldn't want to give my phone to my mom :) I have a 5730XM..

I am basically looking at a largish screen(2.2/2.4") and now that I come to think of it, a large phone book. and a good keypad. that is about if for my mom..

Cam/Music and all would be stuff that will never/rarely used..

I couldn't find any website that could filter out the models by screen size, does one exist?

Open to more suggestions!

Thanks!
5730XM and 5130XM are a world apart.
5730XM is a smartphone and runs on S60 v3 but 5130XM is a featurephone(i.e dumbphone) and runs S40 v5.

@sydras Personally I prefer function over form. But even then I did not find the design of the 5130XM that bad. At first I thought that the chrome plating would chip off like the el-cheapo motorola phone of my mom. But it has been around 10months and the plating is still as good as new.

hotshot05 said:
5730XM and 5130XM are a world apart.

5730XM is a smartphone and runs on S60 v3 but 5130XM is a featurephone(i.e dumbphone) and runs S40 v5.

Yeah! I know, should have avoided the confusion by saying I have a 5730XM, whose looks my mom doesn't like ( or any other XM for that mater) so, looking for non XM options!

Okay, what are all the candybar nokia phones with a 2.2/2.4" screen that will come in the 7-8k max range? :)

Currently considering the following..

-6303i

and this might be slightly out of my budget, but the 6700 classic ( what would be ideal would be a similar looking phone without the 5meg cam :p )

So what would be the other phones?

Thanks!

Spy king said:

Approx prices are always a little higher. That would never sell at 12k :p Nokia wouldnt be that stupid. The Europe pricing is ~150Euros. It should retail around ~8-9k when it hits the market. Its still not officially released in India.

hey!

I just heard that he c5 has launched!

Which is a better phone? the C5 or the Nokia 5230? Those are my two current options... Should be buying the phone some time tomorrow or dayafter!

Thanks!

Back