Nokia for mom

Hello!

I'm looking for a nokia to gift my mom, want only a nokia as she's familiar with it..

Things I'm looking for,
Screen size (bigger the better!)
Nice keypad (Dont think she'll like a touchscreen)
Good battery life

Rest of the stuff(cam, music, expandable memory) are all bonus!

Budget, about 4-5k will stretch if something nice is there :)

Thanks!

I too was looking for a handset with similar requirements. Didnt like the 6303i looks online. However someone gave me that handset yesterday for testing its ease of use. I am buying this handset for sure as it looks really classy, has big fonts, good display among several other good features. All for 5.5K. Will use it over the weekend to test it.

Supra said:
The C5 is arnd Rs 7600 or so in the market. It looks quite classy :)

Go for it....touchscreens like Nokia 5230 are not that user friendly at least to our moms and dads :p
Well said lol! The C5 seems to be an ideal companion for the ladies.

I was on the hunt for one for my wifey. Have asked her to pick one up from a Univercell outlet from Chennai. :D

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Spy king said:
hehe! I was thinking the same thing!

Now to hunt for the best price! :) Would any one know what all is included? A memory card?
Nokia said:
Standard Sales Package

Nokia C5-00 device

Nokia 2 GB microSD Card MU-37

Nokia Connectivity Cable CA-101D

Nokia Stereo Headset WH-102

Nokia High Efficiency Charger AC-8

Nokia Battery BL-5CT

User guide

Nokia India - Nokia C5-00 - Specifications

Renegade said:
I too was looking for a handset with similar requirements. Didnt like the 6303i looks online. However someone gave me that handset yesterday for testing its ease of use. I am buying this handset for sure as it looks really classy, has big fonts, good display among several other good features. All for 5.5K. Will use it over the weekend to test it.
I had a chance to look at the 6303, didn't quite like it.. The Univercel in Banglore had only a sealed box, will look at a proper model today and see.. :)

nit_the_techie said:
You can go for nokia X3

I really don't want a slider as my mom has used her last phone for 5+ years! So don't think a slider will last that long.

Desecrator said:
Well said lol! The C5 seems to be an ideal companion for the ladies.

I was on the hunt for one for my wifey. Have asked her to pick one up from a Univercell outlet from Chennai. :D
Nokia India - Nokia C5-00 - Specifications
Thanks! Do let me know for what price you get it at and where... I'm going hunting this evening :)

pradeep200417 said:
What about Nokia X2? It seems to be VFM

yeah! But I don't think it has launched yet :(

Back