Budget 10-15K Nokia Lumia 520 vs 620

avi

Skilled
My cousin wants to buy a new phone. Right now he has Samsung Focus. He doesn't play games at all and only apps he uses is Whatsapp and FB. So I think Lumia would be a nice choice instead of Android [correct me if I am wrong]. I believe Lumia would provide better music, battery and camera compared to other Android devices in the same price range.

Currently FK is selling 620 at 12K. He wanted to go with 520. Is the extra money for 620 worth it ? Anyone here own a 620 and can tell me your experience ?

Thank you!

Whats the difference between 520 and 620?
I checked here. Form factor (520 is bigger), cpu, camera and memory are same.
Then what we are getting by spending 4k+ more?
or FK is showing wrong info.

And why Galaxy Core i8262 is not better in same price? Better cpu, 1GB RAM, dual sim, bigger size, better battery.

Last edited:
Yep If I were you, I would go for Galaxy Core or any of the android phones. As long as you dont install too many apps, it should be fine. The reason I say Android is the Notification Center(there is no such thing in WP, there's toasts but very little information in a toast, and there is no setting to disable toasts for incoming SMSes,) , various widgets to include shortcuts right on your home screen, data/sync/wifi/bt toggle in notification center, whereas in Windows, you'll have to go to the settings each time(although this can alleviated by installing third party shortcut and keep it in your home screen. . Remember, on 620/720 or the 520, it's only 520MB ram so if you're in a mood for multitasking, be prepared to see "loading" screen more often than not. If you happen to use two apps and a browser at the same time, be prepared to see IE or UC browser on WP reload pages, as memory management on WP gives RAM priority to the currently loaded app, so all the pages will be lost from memory, and will need to be reloaded when you resume. This however doesnt happen with "Speed Mode" of UC browser. There's no other browser in windows phone. There's no direct dialer in Windows Phone, no individual call log, no way to see how long you have spoken to the person as well.. If your cousin is very comfortable with WP, then 520 is a decent deal, it comes with a battery that's slightly larger than the 620. 520 is easier to type, I feel 620 is a bit narrow when you use the keyboard in portrait orientation. 720 is a great phone for its price 15K last heard on snapdeal, a 2000mAH battery of its class, you dont see too many 4.3" phones with that kind of battery capacity. If camera is priority, would suggest 720 over everything else.

Would advise you to stick to WP if you want a hassle and lag free experience. Specially avoid samsung android phones in this range. The 520 is a very capable device and so is its sibling the 620. For your needs both are well suited. Spend 4k on the 620 iff you need a camera flash, a clear black display, NFC and apparently FM but it all comes at the cost of screen real estate. You may think 0.2 inches is not too much of a difference but it is! Also the 620 has a smaller battery capacity so you will be reaching for the charger more often!
The 520 is a very good option and most of my friends use it and their usage pattern is like yours and they are very happy that I asked them to get the 520 against the Core and other low budget droids.

Even i am thinking of swapping my Optimus L9 for a 720 or so!

Back