Nokia N8 from Saudi arabia -19.7k - Buy worth it ?

anfjavid

Skilled
Guys, finally i decided to go for Nokia N8, but in Saudi Arabia, it retails for as low as 19.7k. Is it worth to get it from there comprimising Indian warranty for this price ?. Will the phone quality (i mean PCB, motherboard, etc) differ in Saudi Arabia ?. I heard that these units are modded according to the Indian Market and the quality of the motherboard will be low here . Is it so ?.

Once i got Nokia E71 from UAE and its working flawlessly for around 3 yrs now, touchwood. Is there any chance of being cheated in Saudi ?. Please tell me if its worth the buy for this price and superior quality (if it is...)

thanx in advance

anfjavid said:
Guys, finally i decided to go for Nokia N8, but in Saudi Arabia, it retails for as low as 19.7k. Is it worth to get it from there comprimising Indian warranty for this price ?. Will the phone quality (i mean PCB, motherboard, etc) differ in Saudi Arabia ?. I heard that these units are modded according to the Indian Market and the quality of the motherboard will be low here . Is it so ?.

Once i got Nokia E71 from UAE and its working flawlessly for around 3 yrs now, touchwood. Is there any chance of being cheated in Saudi ?. Please tell me if its worth the buy for this price and superior quality (if it is...)

thanx in advance

The phone internals dont change no matter Wherever you buy it from You will get the same hardware. Yes , Different Batches might have different part no's , But the phone hardware always remains same. Earlier People did speculate that Nokia phones made in Finland and Hungary are superior in Build Quality. But now a day, most Nokia phones are made in China and have equally high build quality wherever you buy it from.

Regarding the price, You can get N8 in most Indian stores for around 22k. So I would suggest you to get it with Indian warranty.

p.s. I hope you dont mind me saying it , But why a new thread?, You could have asked this query in the thread you already created.

Regards,

aka.

I read it comes within 30k in India.

In Gsmarena i read...

no, u can't install anything without microsoft marketplace.

u can' upload any media without using zune software.

Is this true ?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Now Nokia N8 price is 22.5k mate. Price Increased due to demand on account of Anna....

anfjavid said:
I read it comes within 30k in India.

In Gsmarena i read...

no, u can't install anything without microsoft marketplace.

u can' upload any media without using zune software.

Is this true ?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Now Nokia N8 price is 22.5k mate. Price Increased due to demand on account of Anna....

I think price increase due to $ to Rs/- fluctuation.

About Lumia/WP all ur bold line are true and also paying 28-29k u can't make video call. <-----These hearts a little bit. Coz there is no Video call support in software as well as main board of Lumia 800 according to AAWP.

But the phone looks damm sexy (black).

If u looking for Camera phone best 12MP still images with 720p video there is no other way to go except N8, else u can go Samsung SGS2 with 1080p vid and 8MP sensor.

According to GSM, Nokia N8 successor will be announce in 2012 which IMHO sure will be available other than Symbian platform, ie WP.

So if you want Nokia hardware with best Camera in but not a End of Life platform you must wait.

Back