Nokia N8? HTC? or some other fone?

big.bAd.boi!

Disciple
Hey guys i was on to buy nokia N8 but for now there are 2 reason that took me 1 step back from buying that fone,
1) Sound of music player isn't that loud
2) I saw HTC mozart video & liked the quick response of that fone.
What else is a better option against N8?
I has a budget of 25k & i is looking for big screen, good music player, quick response ( fast processing ) & everything to the latest that is running in market in terms of technology.

big.bAd.boi! said:
Hey guys i was on to buy nokia N8 but for now there are 2 reason that took me 1 step back from buying that fone,

I has a budget of 25k & i is looking for big screen, good music player, quick response ( fast processing ) & everything to the latest that is running in market in terms of technology.
Samsung Galaxy S :)

big.bAd.boi! said:

Mozart won't come to India any time soon... in fact, none of Windows Phone 7 will come here officially until 2011. Galaxy S is good but at Rs 23,000 N8 is not a bad buy.

It all depends on your usage. If you want a good web browsing and social networking experience along with all the goodness of Android, get HTC Desire. It's for around 26. If you want Android along with better music playback and superb support for Video playback get, Galaxy S. But please remember that Galaxy S has certain lag and GPS issues.

If you seek an excellent camera, sturdy build, good multimedia experience (music and Video), get Nokia N8 for around 23K. But please note that web browsing, email and social networking is horrible on N8.

And if you can live with slightly poor battery life, you can take a look at Milestone which offers fantastic web+social networking experience but not so good multimedia features. Price is around 22K.

IMO, HTC Desire is the complete phone in the India market currently. Galaxy S is fantastic, but only if you are willing to root it, apply lag fixes and ignore a wonky GPS.

Hey, i heard n8 play some music, man i didn't find it loud enough, it might feel good when u r in a quiet area but once on the road the sound ain't that loud, is there any way u can tweak & make it louder?

The music on the N8 is loud enough (as loud as the N95's were) and take a look at all the negatives of the Win 7 phones, no bluetooth data transfer, no usb mass storage mode, no memory cards for phones, no multitasking, media transfer bounded to the zune software. Sounds very much like how the iphone was when it came out, Microsoft has pretty much taken a step back with this OS.

Galaxy S would be a good choice too.

Now i m confused btwin Nokia N8 & Nokia C7. As read on some site i found only 2 difference btwin this fone's.
1) C7 has 8mp auto focus camera / N8 has 12mp auto focus camera.
2) C7 has 8gb default internal storage / N8 has 16gb.
Please do share any other difference found in these 2 fone's.
Now some site say the price for C7 is around 16k, if that it correct its straight 10k difference, then why should one buy N8?

wait for 10-20 days then windows phone should be available in europe ... an unlocked windows would be better than n8 .

the n8 u will def break some money if u try to resale it later cause the prices of n8 are falling very fast .. expect it to be in 18-20k range without warranty and 20-22 with warranty soon .. for me n8 is like another samsung wave .. everyone praises it for its hardware but the software is still bit confusing .look what happened to the wave now .. its out of sight now but when it came in many people bought it and said it was the best phone at that price ... but bada is not developing fast ...

n8 is,a great buy no doubt with all the features it has and at a 20-24 k price it real value for money .. die hard nokia fans will refuse to hear anything wrong about it ...but a winmo phone will evolve faster thanks to XDA and microsoft support as well . not to say n8 wont develop but n8 is a very confusing phone ..goto the nokia store and use the n8 before u decide to buy it , cause after using android and ios, i think it's a bit complicated .

+ the big screens on windows phones and high resolution are really awesome , from the videos the software looks very fast too... ill put my money on winmo as microsoft has really stepped up big time ...but then again winmo phones will be very expensiive when they land here .. so at a 25k price point only if ur not willing to wait then n8 is ur best bet

big.bAd.boi! said:

Well,stay away from n8 if you want everything latest!!I do not really know what exactly does it mean,but if you want a lot of 3rd party apps and a dedicated community back up,then buy sgs or wait for winmo 7 devices.For a normal user N8 for 22-23k is a very good deal.

big.bAd.boi! said:
Now i m confused btwin Nokia N8 & Nokia C7. As read on some site i found only 2 difference btwin this fone's.

1) C7 has 8mp auto focus camera / N8 has 12mp auto focus camera.

2) C7 has 8gb default internal storage / N8 has 16gb.

Please do share any other difference found in these 2 fone's.

Now some site say the price for C7 is around 16k, if that it correct its straight 10k difference, then why should one buy N8?
The Nokia N8 is available for ~ 23K with bill & ~21K without bill.

The C7 is expected to be launched in India in the 1st half of November 2010 at a launch price of ~ 18-19K

The C6-01 is expected to be launched in India in the 1st half of December 2010 at a price of ~ 16-17k

I suppose you should opt for the N8 if you are not keen on getting Android. Otherwise, go for the Samsung Galaxy S.

If y intend to go for the C7 or the C6-01, be prepared to wait for a couple of more weeks.

P.S.: Your Signature makes me believe that you are a follower of Shaheed Bhagat Singh...... That makes it the 2 of us..... :)

Quoted from GSM Arena review of N8 : Review Link

Impressive audio output

Nokia N8's multimedia prowess wouldn't be complete without high quality audio output. Fortunately, the handset managed to deliver on that one too, achieving some excellent scores in our traditional test. And the thing is pretty loud too.

When attached to an active external amplifier (i.e. your car stereo or your home audio system) the Nokia N8 performs greatly with no weak points whatsoever.

There wasn't much quality deterioration when we plugged in headphones either. Sure, the stereo crosstalk got a bit worse and we recorded some intermodulation distortion but those are rather hard to detect in anything but lab conditions.

N8 is overall balanced multimedia phone but it can't be called as a smart phone

get n8 if you want a cell phone + digicam combination

or else get galaxy S which suits all your need - It has a large ,indeed very screen

Descent cam and audio output

fast 1ghz procesor

and latest android which is absent in N8

the biggest prob in that n8 is that there is no qwerty keypad when held in potrait mode .. that is def a deal breaker ..how could nokia not give a qwerty keypad in potrait ..just rubbish .. + web browsing is not that great either .

khanvis2009 said:
the biggest prob in that n8 is that there is no qwerty keypad when held in potrait mode .. that is def a deal breaker ..how could nokia not give a qwerty keypad in potrait ..just rubbish .. + web browsing is not that great either .

Thankfully, both are software related issues which can be addressed. It does look like they didn't bother too much about the QWERTY in portrait mode because of the space restrictions, and also because many people are very comfortable with the T9. Browser, well, they didn't even bother touching that part of the code. I finally got to try this device hands on, and it is otherwise a gem on the multimedia front. The camera is freaking awesome. My 3 year old Sony digicam, which cost 17K in those days, pales in comparison - no kidding. The zoom in the camera mode is super smooth, and super fast. HD videos that I carried along (mkvs) played smooth, speaker is loud, though not sure if it is the loudest I have ever heard.

S3 is definitely much faster than S1, but there is a hint of a lag, however, that minor lag is something I have noticed even in the Desire and the iPhone 3G. What impressed me (again) is Symbian's ability to multi task. On my N5800, I sometimes open up Push Messaging, GMail app, SMS, Call Logs, the odd Prince of Persia game, Opera Mini and the default Web browser. To top it I receive or make calls with these running in background. No complaints whatsoever using these applications or switching between them. It is another thing the menu becomes slower as I increase the number of applications. S3 takes this a step forward with what I think are more appealing tab peaks for the background tasks, along with the ability to close them without switching - very similar to Windows' Aero feature.
techno_guy said:
yup its the biggest drawback of SGS
Extremely strange how they (forgot to?) include a flash with such a high end device!

agantuk said:
Thankfully, both are software related issues which can be addressed. It does look like they didn't bother too much about the QWERTY in portrait mode because of the space restrictions, and also because many people are very comfortable with the T9. Browser, well, they didn't even bother touching that part of the code. I finally got to try this device hands on, and it is otherwise a gem on the multimedia front. The camera is freaking awesome. My 3 year old Sony digicam, which cost 17K in those days, pales in comparison - no kidding. The zoom in the camera mode is super smooth, and super fast. HD videos that I carried along (mkvs) played smooth, speaker is loud, though not sure if it is the loudest I have ever heard.

S3 is definitely much faster than S1, but there is a hint of a lag, however, that minor lag is something I have noticed even in the Desire and the iPhone 3G. What impressed me (again) is Symbian's ability to multi task. On my N5800, I sometimes open up Push Messaging, GMail app, SMS, Call Logs, the odd Prince of Persia game, Opera Mini and the default Web browser. To top it I receive or make calls with these running in background. No complaints whatsoever using these applications or switching between them. It is another thing the menu becomes slower as I increase the number of applications. S3 takes this a step forward with what I think are more appealing tab peaks for the background tasks, along with the ability to close them without switching - very similar to Windows' Aero feature.

Extremely strange how they (forgot to?) include a flash with such a high end device!
Even i did not understand why they skipped flash

Anyway i am not gonna buy it

Will wait and wait

Maybe an iPhone is a better buy???

I waited 7 months for this fone n now i have started disliking nokia, i don't know why nokia is still hanging on with Symbian, latest i heard SE's CEO declared that they will be giving up symbian for andriod & windows 7 phone.
The ram in just 256 in n8 while other fone who offer good package has 512 ram, map navigation is poor in n8, browser has issue, it just hangs, fonts are small n difficult to read as compared to galaxy, only thing i like now in n8 is cam which i think has got decent competition from galaxy or some other samsung fone.
Nokia is coming up with E7, now i don't understand why couldn't they give memory expansion slot? 12mp camera in that, all it has is 4 inch screen, 0.5 bigger than n8 & a slider QWERTY keypad.
Nokia is going dumb & i don't like nokia anymore. All my waiting, expecting n8 would be a good fone, its disappointing.

Back