Nokia N8.

big.bAd.boi!

Disciple
Is this model, nokia n8 released in indian market? is there cellphone from other company that can stand upto this model & also be around 20k?

The sole reason i am buying other fone right now is cuz my office is pressurizing me to take it as they have launched WAP website & they want us to show it to clients, so for this they want me to get up right now & get a new fone, My interest is in Nokia N8 but i'll have to take a "kaam chalau" fone. How 'bout i go for samsung corby pro, what could be resell value i can expect if i sell it out in october to buy N8?

Sylar said:
Prices In US are Not near the Prices of Phones launched in India. . . .

N8 is a Gr8 Phone my Friend bought it some time back.. and is always talking abt his new Cool phone.. Its a Freakin 32 Gb phone ... Loads of Features , Not very new Features , Just the Features which hav been seen in the old phones as well . bt Enhanced ...

AS FAR AS THE PRICES r Concerned THEN IS IT APPROX Going to be NOT LESS THEN 25K at all.

I Bought a few Phones my self frm US and the Price Diff is always Little Above 4 TO 5K in India.. No way it is Going to be around 23 K at all
Just an FYI, Nokia launches first in SE Asia (sometimes),then in Europe, later India, and goes last to the US/Canada.

Go on ebay USA and look at the prices, almost all Nokia phones are more expensive in the US than India.

Granted the price of this phone will not be 21.8K as the papers say but it wont be the same as the iPhones in the range of 30-40K's

How could your friend have bought the N8? Its not released even in Europe?

Sylar said:
Prices In US are Not near the Prices of Phones launched in India. . . .

N8 is a Gr8 Phone my Friend bought it some time back.. and is always talking abt his new Cool phone.. Its a Freakin 32 Gb phone ... Loads of Features , Not very new Features , Just the Features which hav been seen in the old phones as well . bt Enhanced ...

AS FAR AS THE PRICES r Concerned THEN IS IT APPROX Going to be NOT LESS THEN 25K at all.

I Bought a few Phones my self frm US and the Price Diff is always Little Above 4 TO 5K in India.. No way it is Going to be around 23 K at all

N8 cost in Euro is 370 which is same as 5800 on launch. Its positioned as a mid range phone like 5800. So its gonna be around 20~21k on launch just like 5800. At the worst you can expect 23k. Nokia has pretty good pricing in India (in many cases better than US and other countries) since they consider India to be a very important and major market.

Lord Nemesis said:
N8 cost in Euro is 370 which is same as 5800 on launch. Its positioned as a mid range phone like 5800. So its gonna be around 20~21k on launch just like 5800. At the worst you can expect 23k. Nokia has pretty good pricing in India (in many cases better than US and other countries) since they consider India to be a very important and major market.
Yup, 23-25K max and probably will join the sub 20K N Series phones in less than a month of its release date.
I don't think you can call it a mid-range phone (Nokia portfolio wise) they will portray it as their next so called "flag ship" device, especially with Symbian 3.

sabby said:
Well, SPICE may have some phone with 12MP but that doesn't count everything. N8 has the largest sensor ( 1/1.83 IIRC ) found in any mobile till date and is greater than most of the PnS digicams out there. Besides, N8's USB on the go is another unique feature.

Didnt know Spice had such a phone , was just checking the specs and as it turns it even has optical zoom . That's pretty nice .

The nokia N8 uses the BL-4D battery, a 1200 mAh unit which also powers my N97 Mini. I guess that would be its Achillies heal too! So my opinon, no matter how good the N8 is feature and OS wise(though i doubt that) it is going to fail for sure as it wont last 12 hours without a re-charge. Presently i am usung two batteries but i struggle to last twelve hours ( i am presently usung the phine only for calls and a few minutes net)

mh09ad5578 said:
The nokia N8 uses the BL-4D battery, a 1200 mAh unit which also powers my N97 Mini. I guess that would be its Achillies heal too! So my opinon, no matter how good the N8 is feature and OS wise(though i doubt that) it is going to fail for sure as it wont last 12 hours without a re-charge. Presently i am usung two batteries but i struggle to last twelve hours ( i am presently usung the phine only for calls and a few minutes net)
what if symbian^3 is lot more easier on battery. s60 was not really meant for multitasking or heavy display touch screen phones and hence the low battery life. best example is

n97 mini talk time: 7.5hrs

n8 talk time: 12 hrs

Back