Nokia unveils E6, X7 phones with new Symbian OS

RVK2488 said:
Dhruv, any idea when Anna is coming to existing S^3 devices?
May is when the roll out is expected to begin... could be pushed back a bit. Just a heads up... this is the "improved" browser in the update.. it is NOT the new browser coming later. Nor is this the major UI overhaul expected to come to Symbian devices.

@dhruv

Don't you think if nokia does change the UI then it will repel people from buying the newer phones since nokia ui is something that people are comfortable with.

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk

It is not a complete departure. It takes the best of Android , iOS while including the folders etc UI paradigm of Symbian. Its a good move in my opinion and also it is the only way it could have been made fast enough to match others. Qt based and GPU accelerated .

dhruvrock2000 said:
It is not a complete departure. It takes the best of Android , iOS while including the folders etc UI paradigm of Symbian. Its a good move in my opinion and also it is the only way it could have been made fast enough to match others. Qt based and GPU accelerated .
Is it worth putting off Android purchases for now till these come out?

dhruvrock2000 said:
Can you give us some clue as to when we can expect some concrete information on this?

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk

Well i don't particularly like Android. Apps n all are nice but i personally think it is overhyped. Secondly... wait for the WP7 phones. Of course in the mid end , Symbian is still great and if you want a great camera.. the N8 makes sense. ALL current devices will get the update so no need to worry about that. But i've myself stalled my major cell phone purchase till a pretty powerful WP7 Nokia comes out early next year.

As for when.. i believe Nokia World should be a good time for the announcement.

Back