WTB Non working comfortable headphones/earphones just to block outside noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMak

Yeah.. I am at it ;)
Adept
An acquaintance in the same Block as mine was asking hence posting here if I could help...

Looking for something just to block outside noise...
Two properties near the residence of a friend are under construction, owing to the noise his son is having difficulties studying...
Was wondering if the boy could be helped with anything that can block the noise appreciably..
Don't need anything working just good enough as a barrier to block the noise but they have to be comfortable enough...

Thanks

I would suggest him to go with 3m foam earplugs. They work quite well for their simplistic nature. I have personally used them to block out construction noise when I was preparing for my competitive exams

I would suggest him to go with 3m foam earplugs. They work quite well for their simplistic nature. I have personally used them to block out construction noise when I was preparing for my competitive exams
Could you Pkease share a link please
Thanks

Here you go!

I would like to advise that he disposes the used pair ever so often to maintain hygiene. I reckon a pair can be used for 3 days or so. They're quite cheap and buying packs of 10 would be cheaper than buying them individually

Here you go!

I would like to advise that he disposes the used pair ever so often to maintain hygiene. I reckon a pair can be used for 3 days or so. They're quite cheap and buying packs of 10 would be cheaper than buying them individually
Indeed, bought a pack of 10 for him.
Btw is there anything which are genuinely reusable over a period of time.. Like 6 months or a year may be..???

He can try noise cancelling earmuffs. 3m is the best for it, but they are not as effective as earplugs. These earmuffs are designed to block loud noise but still be able to hear most of the ambient sounds (for safety in construction and other such environments). For studies I would say earplugs are the best

Also, I want to say that there is a technique to insert the plugs. You need to roll them between your fingers to compress the foam into a thread like consistency and then insert them into the ear. They will gradually expand and form shape around the ear giving maximum noise cancelling. Shoving it inside the ear like wearing earphones will render it ineffective.

White noise tracks also help, apart from the great memory foam ear plugs that krugger suggested

There is a silicone variant of the rear plug with 3 steps that can be reused longer, but not sure of the comfort level.
I found it to be 50% comfortable compared to memory foam ones.

Indeed, bought a pack of 10 for him.
Btw is there anything which are genuinely reusable over a period of time.. Like 6 months or a year may be..???
There are silicon earplugs with triple or double flanges similar to earphone silicon eartips. I dont know about the availability in india but Etymotic has them and maybe there are other brands too like 3M.
Motorcycle accessories shops may have them since riders use earplugs for long rides.

I have used the silicon ear plugs. They last more than 6 months as required.
However they are not as comfortable as the foam ones. Keep in mind the age of the student as well as the duration of daily usage.

I have used the silicon ear plugs. They last more than 6 months as required.
However they are not as comfortable as the foam ones. Keep in mind the age of the student as well as the duration of daily usage.
Had got the foam ones for thta student.. Yet to receive proper feedback (didn't get time to ask or meet em up) but I was told they woeked well but he ll take time to adjust

Had got the foam ones for thta student.. Yet to receive proper feedback (didn't get time to ask or meet em up) but I was told they woeked well but he ll take time to adjust
Let him adjust to the foam ones for now. I use them for sleeping. So they tend to wear off faster. Later if he finds that he is replacing the foam ones too often, then he can consider the silicon ones.

Also remind him about the proper way to wear the foams. Pinch it, insert in ear canal and let it expand to the shape of ear canal

Also remind him about the proper way to wear the foams. Pinch it, insert in ear canal and let it expand to the shape of ear canal
Yes indeed, had done that myself while giving him the package...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back