Other Note 1 Glass Cracked

pushy

Disciple
Jan 9, 2009
guys, so here's the sh*t

so my glass is cracked, i mean only the front glass, all other touch function and sensor are working, and i have got the screen glass from net, now here's the sad part though, the buggers here are asking exorbitant prices for fitting it. previously i had went to manish mrkt for replacing the screen they told me that it would require 800 bucks (which included glass and fitting) so i was like okay but i will come after 2 days cuz my car is in parking and it was already late, went after two days and the price went up and now they were saying 1500-1800 for glass as well as fitting. so i hopped onto ebay and got the glass, now i went again and said i have the glass just want to do fitting and they still saying 1200-1500 whereas it's just a matter of ~500 bucks :\

so anyone knows where i could get this glass fitted for reasonable rate? area could be Mumbai/Thane.

phone is Note 1 GT N7000

also, i have been following this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1609937
i could do with the double sided adhesive taping instead of loca glue, but the sad part is removing the damn glass :| very high chances of cracking the lcd itself if anything goes wrong while removing the front glass :\

thanks for reading

ithehappy

Adept
Aug 3, 2012
I don't think the Glass could be removed without detaching the Digitizer. So the price what Samsung is asking you is justified. In fact an OLED screen for that low price is kinda confusing!

pushy

Disciple
Jan 9, 2009
Digitizer is attached to the Display and not the Front Glass, it can be removed (for more info on the successful removal of the front glass, check xda link in the OP)

anyways, so i was roaming on Lamington Rd as friend wanted to get i5 rig built up on Saturday, asked few repair shops over there and they quoted me approx 2.8k, i inquired first for replacing the Glass, and thereafter i told them that i have the glass, tell me how much for the fitting only, upon which i got the same answer which i got at Manish market (arry bhai woh machine se screen nikalna padta hain fir solution laga k uv light mein rakhna padta hain, screen toh 100/200rs mein mil jaati hain, etc etc), and after that he said that dekho lagane ka toh kya 100rs mein aapko laga dunga screen, lekin mushkil ka kaam toh woh tuta huva screen nikalne mein hain, so i said fine, i will remove the screen and come to u for fitment but won't give u anything more than rs.100/- :p

and now can't wait to strip that mofo of a screen apart, gonna require lots of time and patience :|