Nothing Phone

They had already mentioned that they had very few inventory, they handed out more phones to reviewers than consumer ,its better to wait .many have reported dead pixe and green tint issue . I am very much sure they would bring in rev 2.0 of this phone may be with new generation of SD

This is what is happening! Flipkart, as expected, has made a mess of pre order and delivery system. Pre order and all was pure BS. Their algorithm to map units to orders is messed up and is not FIFO and there was no prefernce given to pre-order customers.

What about this claim? I don't think that the company has exclusive service centers or am I wrong? Or is it a tie-up with another company?
IMG_20220725_122324.jpg

It is funny you should mention Motorola which has the worst track record of all Android manufacturers in terms of updates and optimisation. Went downhill real fast after the Lenovo takeover.
He merely said "stock Android" not updates or optimization. If the software is not broken then don't update. Lenovo's Moto taught me that.

Last edited:
What about this claim? I don't think that the company has exclusive service centers or am I wrong?

They did not say exclusive service centres. Must be one of those multi brand service outlets.
The phones internally won't be very different, except the LEDs. They can train those SC peeps.

I think they should've been more transparent about it. Not a good impression.
Anyway, this phone is the latest proof that more camera pixels don't necessarily mean better quality. The selfie video recording is also a disaster. It's so shaky it's unusable.
Camera wise I still prefer the S20FE more.
Only reason I want this phone is the 256GB storage.
Btw how much does the bling bling thing affect the battery? It seems so counter-productive just to look fancy.

I think they should've been more transparent about it. Not a good impression.
Anyway, this phone is the latest proof that more camera pixels don't necessarily mean better quality. The selfie video recording is also a disaster. It's so shaky it's unusable.
Camera wise I still prefer the S20FE more.
Only reason I want this phone is the 256GB storage.
Btw how much does the bling bling thing affect the battery? It seems so counter-productive just to look fancy.

Most small companies cannot afford to have separate service centers. It's just financially not possible without losing the mid tier status (unless they do huge numbers).
Part of the reason why you pay high price for Apple and Samsung is also paying for exclusive service.

MKBHD mentioned the LEDs had little effect on battery.

But this phone had too many issues, telegram grp filled with issues from green tint, display issue, back panel dust inside, heating, screen stutter

While not related to the phone itself I just got to experience nothing’s customer service as my ear 1 conked off.

Have to say this was the best customer service I have ever received, like Apple in USA level. They literally replaced and gave me a brand new unit in 40 mins flat. I was so impressed.

Again I am not sure how much will this be sustainable as they grow but they got me super impressed.

While not related to the phone itself I just got to experience nothing’s customer service as my ear 1 conked off.

Have to say this was the best customer service I have ever received, like Apple in USA level. They literally replaced and gave me a brand new unit in 40 mins flat. I was so impressed.

Again I am not sure how much will this be sustainable as they grow but they got me super impressed.
Hold old was it? has to be less than 6 months

Are the issues the fault of the company or the employees who work in their factories? Do we Indians have serious issues with quality control when we manufacture something?
The challenge with creating a phone with a transparent back is it becomes harder to ensure what is mostly cosmetic blemish meets the customer's expectation.

Take away this problem and what is left. Green tint.

It's not unusual for these tint issues to crop up. Samsung has had them even with flagships and the company has flat out refused to replace the phone telling people to wait for a software update.

Now, how many outstanding issues with Nothing are there? Any more ? :)

Last edited:
The challenge with creating a phone with a transparent back is it becomes harder to ensure what is mostly cosmetic blemish meets the customer's expectation.

Take away this problem and what is left. Green tint.

It's not unusual for these tint issues to crop up. Samsung has had them even with flagships and the company has flat out refused to replace the phone telling people to wait for a software update.

Now, how many outstanding issues with Nothing are there? Any more ? :)
Weeks, days aka time will tell. I personally liked the concept and was 100% expecting few major bugs on first launch and here they arre a jar of bugs!
I expect these to be seriously rectified in ver. 2 and reinstate publics faith in the brand and may be I might grab 3rd or 4th variant only if they are not upto some shitty crap!

Saw this review:

The software bugs worry me because they are now introducing regressions via software update. Seems like not great QA now.

Back