Audio Nuforce or Soundmagic

I was comparing the 2 to see which one would give better bass and clarity....especially compared to the EP-630....
1. Soundmagic PL-21
OR
2. Nuforce NE-6
(both available here)

Not looking at PL-30 as it's bass ain't strong...

No mushy mixed sounds and great bass are the main requirements.
Noise isolation extremely important too.....(indian rickety buses)
I hope they dont stick out too much and should have good build quality...I always sleep on my phones....still they never break....

Its a Very obvious answer: Nuforce NE-6. Both earphones belong to different leagues. For the prices they are being currently offered, pl-21 is the best vfm, and so is nuforce nE-6.

The difference in bass between the ep630 and the ne6 is about the same as between an inspire 2.1 and a mx5021 :D

Under 1k = pl21

Under 2k = ne6

Soundmagic has amazing built quality.

I have a PL-12 .....I extremely abuse it like a 100bucks iball headphone :p , still it works perfectly.(using it since 5 months)

jeffrain123 said:
Does the 1k difference really justify the Nuforce?
How much of a difference are we talking about here in the quality?

You cannot quantify that. For a CPU, we can measure the performance but for audio performance can only be heard not measured.

For instance many people love the Pl-30. However people who love bass hate it !

Its best if you can hear both to see if its worth spending more. Some people can clearly hear differences between audio equipment and some feel they sound the same.

coming from EP 630 , NE6 will be good upgrade. I am using it and it has great bass response , isolation is good as it goes deep inside ear and overall SQ quality is very fine.

one more thing you wont be able to sleep with NE6 unlike EP 630
btw where is NE6 available in India ? I had imported through KMD

Back