Graphic Cards NVIDIA 9600GT released in india

^^ Its very much a budget brand, I would pick it only if I had no options, would easily rate MSI or eVGA much higher then XFX

Aces170 said:
^^ Its very much a budget brand, I would pick it only if I had no options, would easily rate MSI or eVGA much higher then XFX

well, i can say that for Evga though i would not rate MSI much higher then XFX especially in US. It doesnt have enjoy the reputation it used to nowdays particularly due to bad aftersales experiences..

^^ Hmm not to aware of the current scenario but it was good atleast 2 yrs back, also the general quality of card (ie components, capcitors) are genreally better on MSI, Gigabyte cards etc...

Aces170 said:
^^ Hmm not to aware of the current scenario but it was good atleast 2 yrs back, also the general quality of card (ie components, capcitors) are genreally better on MSI, Gigabyte cards etc...
Yeah, about 2 years back i would have said the same too for MSI.. Not found any problems yet with their products even though customer support had been horrible in india with long delays for any repairs.

But in US, what iv seen is that they dont enjoy the status that eVGA and other brands occupy and this again seems to be due to longer turn around times for RMA, poor customer support(language problems) etc etc. As a result they offer the lowest prices for their graphics cards in us compared the competitors.

But heck, their diamond series mobos are top notch i say! :)

PhOeNiX said:
guys why debate on that, eVGa hitting us with their stuff this WEEKEND........:D

Yeah, thats gotta be one of the best news for India PC gamers this year! ;)

Lets hope, they can keep prices competitive. Btw, will the upgrade program be valid in India?

Sorry if this is a stupid question (as it would be for most of you), but what is the scheme of NVIDIA graphics cards naming? As in, I thought that the 9xxx series would be better than the 8xxx series? Is that not the case? In this thread and generally peopel seem to say that the 8800 is better than the 9600? So is it more about x8xx vs. x6xx series? Or is it just totally arbitrary (like Nokia phone models)?

looks like its a combination of both Xnnn and nXnn that you mentioned :) plus there is a thread here that nvidia is just rebadging the 8800GT as the 9800GT ! probably same architecture and die size just slightly more clocked and with more shaders etc. but we got to wait for the 9800 and 9800GX2 to actually launch before we know for sure

vebk said:
Sorry if this is a stupid question (as it would be for most of you), but what is the scheme of NVIDIA graphics cards naming? As in, I thought that the 9xxx series would be better than the 8xxx series? Is that not the case? In this thread and generally peopel seem to say that the 8800 is better than the 9600? So is it more about x8xx vs. x6xx series? Or is it just totally arbitrary (like Nokia phone models)?

u almost got it :)

8XXX n 9XXX refers to the architecture. The X6XX and X8XX usual can be used for performance comparison.

However, note that this is valid only for the same major series. e.g. 88XX is better than 86XX.

When the architecture changes, e.g. 8XX to 9XXX, the comparison is more on a case by case basis. The x8xx vs x6xx "shud" hold in most cases but this is not certain..... i think :ashamed:

^Another question....since Nvidia brought out the 7200/7300(GS/GT) and the 8300/8400 cards as well, can we expect a release of the 9200/9300 cards anytime soon for the low end segment ? ...judging by the trend, I guess if released, it wont' probably even match the 8600GT performance levels, Am I right ?

there r three divisions...entry,mainstream and performance...u r comparing different divisions from 8 and 9 series..8800gt and 9600gt...look at them now..

Lately nvidia went crazy with its naming scheme. They had the G80 based 8800 GTX > GTS. Then they released the G92 based 8800 GT which performed better than the 8800 GTS. And then they went and released a G92 based GTS which basically performed very similar to the GTX. If that aint madness i dont know what is. To top it off the now 9600 GT also outperforms the G80 GTS :p

To sum it up

8800 Ultra > 8800 GTX ~ new 8800 GTS > 8800 GT > 9600 GT > old 8800 GTS

On the other hand u have HD3870>HD3850. Nvidia are u listening?

Back