Nvidia Announces Tegra Note Tablet, Xolo To Launch It In India

RoBoGhOsT

Perambulating
Skilled
Nvidia has unveiled its new tablet platform - Tegra Note which was rumored as Tegra Tab till now.

The Tegra Note is a 7 inch reference tablet powered by Nvidia's Tegra 4 SoC and running Android OS. The tablet is designed completely by Nvidia including hardware and software. The suggested pricing for the Tegra Note is $199.

Tegra Note specifications-
  • Processor Tegra 4 mobile processor with quad-core Cortex-A15 CPU and 72-core GeForce GPU
  • Display 7-inch HD IPS LCD display (1280 x 800)
  • Camera Rear 5MP and front VGA webcam
  • Storage 16GB storage with microSD expandable up to an additional 32GB
  • Audio Front-facing “HD Audio” stereo speakers with a unique bass-reflex port
  • Stylus Chisel and Brush tips for natural writing and broad strokes
  • Peripherals Micro HDMI connector to drive big screen TV videos and gaming
  • OS 100% Android with latest version of the OS
  • Software Updates Over-the-air software updates directly from NVIDIA
  • Battery Life 10 hours HD video playback

Since the tablet is a reference design, it will not be sold by Nvidia directly but through its partners ( like Graphics cards ). Indian manufacturer Xolo has partnered with Nvidia for launching the tablet.

The Tegra Note is likely to be released around Rs 13000-14000 in India with Xolo branding. Other manufactuers oike EVGA, Zotac will also launch the Tegra Note in other regions. Manufacturers like Asus and Toshiba will also sell the Tegra Note under their own branding, while HP has already announced its Tegra 4 powered lineup.

The specs of the tablet look quite impressive for the price, if Xolo can bring it at decent price in India it can give it can surely give some competition to the likes of Samsung Tab 3 and Nexus 7 2012.

Source

so xolo will re brand it or change its design or they are just gona sell these tab here ?
I think they will just sell it as they are just distributors in this case, will maintain the rma/support for nvidia. It's a reference design after all just like nvidia shield.

Xolo is selling it and providing support, also it might be xolo branded too.

As xolo is NVidia partner in india.

Read : Xolo play phone.

Xolo is selling it and providing support, also it might be xolo branded too.

As xolo is NVidia partner in india.

Read : Xolo play phone.
Might be a possible, but tegra note is a world wide device unlike xolo play which AFAIK is india specific.

Support through Xolo should be up to the mark. They have to live up to NVidia's continued trust after all. One friend of mine was very excited about the Xolo Play Phone, bought it, loved it, had an issue, and Xolo gave him a free replacement, no questions asked. Having seen that with my own eyes, I am pretty excited about what and how Xolo offers up this tablet.

That said, I am sure Xolo will launch it as their biggest product ever and will price it upwards of 20k.

Back