Graphic Cards Nvidia Rebranding 8800GT again

Oh boy... Here we have ATi launching DX11, next-gen parts as soon as 7 weeks... and that too a complete line-up without much delays, nonetheless. Then there is nVidiots, rebranding their DX10 parts, over and over again. They can't scale down their GT200 behemoth, they can't scale up their support specs (no DX10.1, forget about DX11 on time) and they certainly can't quit rebranding over and over again.

Tsk. Tsk. Tsk... gone are the glory days of green goblin.

SidhuPunjab said:
Brand new GTS 240 aka 9800 GT aka 8800 GT. :rofl:

GeForce GTS 240

:bleh:

Man i should've bought an 8800GT back in the day. How awesome is it to upgrade 3-4 times w/o opening your cabinet? xD

PS: Seriously speaking, if this is very competitively priced, i don't have much against it, however the power:performance ratio on these won't be good as per usual. Can't do much for efficiency when you insist on using the same crap over and over.

Why you guys so pissed at it? Nvidia is also working on Dx11, though Ati is working harder, and i totally appreciate that! ::)

But thats totally irrelevant to Re-branding.

Re-branding is...................hmmmmmmmmmm................Re-branding, what else!

I wasnt pissed when 9800GT was launched, cause even though they re-brand, but they also re-price the product Very competitively.. I remember the price of 9800GT was around rs. 7500 when 8800GT used to cost around rs. 11000!! So whats the issue with GTS240? i guess it would costs somewhere around rs. 4000 because 9800Gt is currently costing rs.5700. Hence this is Great news :hap2:

EDIT: I would have been angry only if they would have called it GTX 240, which will confuse the buyer about the architecture, but they Dint! So no fuss, just waiting for a nice price :) as now i remember, same thing happened with 9800GTX+ when they rebranded it into GTS 250 with a price drop :hap2:

Amien said:
Man i should've bought an 8800GT back in the day. How awesome is it to upgrade 3-4 times w/o opening your cabinet? xD

yay that means i have a dusty new gts 240, i will post pics in the show off thread!

sato1986 said:
Why you guys so pissed at it? Nvidia is also working on Dx11, though Ati is working harder, and i totally appreciate that! ::)

But thats totally irrelevant to Re-branding.

Re-branding is...................hmmmmmmmmmm................Re-branding, what else!

I wasnt pissed when 9800GT was launched, cause even though they re-brand, but they also re-price the product Very competitively.. I remember the price of 9800GT was around rs. 7500 when 8800GT used to cost around rs. 11000!! So whats the issue with GTS240? i guess it would costs somewhere around rs. 4000 because 9800Gt is currently costing rs.5700. Hence this is Great news :hap2:

EDIT: I would have been angry only if they would have called it GTX 240, which will confuse the buyer about the architecture, but they Dint! So no fuss, just waiting for a nice price :) as now i remember, same thing happened with 9800GTX+ when they rebranded it into GTS 250 with a price drop :hap2:

You really think they'd price GTS240/8800GT 4000rs? nopes I dont think thats not possible. It would still be more than 5K

Striker10 said:
You really think they'd price GTS240/8800GT 4000rs? nopes I dont think thats not possible. It would still be more than 5K

??...ok....

Anyways, :) im just hoping that they continue to follow the past pattern :)

If the manufacture process is cheaper than the old 9800gt than the new card should be 5k flat or thereabouts . I think nvidia might drop the price a bit more to maybe counter the 4770.

All this talk of ATI getting a huge start in the DX11 battle and hense owning Nvidia is nonsense. True they are going to get their cards out maybe as much as 2 months earlier than Nvidia but till we see both sides we wont know who has the better card.

Also by the time Nvidia has their cards out there will be DX11 titles to compare them in.

I for one hope ATI takes the lead early on it will make Nvidia price competitively and a good tech war should break out hopefully no one party takes a huge lead.

But the ATI camp sound very very sure of themselves and Nvidia do seem to be a tad quite so maybe Team red will score a few more points in round 1

Back