Graphic Cards Nvidia Rebranding 8800GT again

^^ Lol, it will be time before its released. Which I doubt Nvidia will, it badly needs to introduce a GTX 2xx derivative in the sub 150 USD range...

Darn i so hate 4770 now:(....prices sky rocketed coz of all hype. Using custom clocks at idle power at idle could have minimal for that card.:|

WingZero said:
Darn i so hate 4770 now:(....prices sky rocketed coz of all hype. Using custom clocks at idle power at idle could have minimal for that card.:|

I think its was intelligent move by ATI-AMD to compensate sales with HD4850 as it was getting washed off by HD4770 due to similar performance levels and with great prices to start with. Soon 4850 will be phased out and will be replaced by new-gen 4770(and prices will be back to normal).

@sumchamp

exactly. people eying for 4770 will buy either 4850(-1k) or 4870(+1k). Nice business strategy. They've also been assured about the market for 40nm GDDR5 based cards ( with DX11 in future)

@Dark Star: I DID read the link... but the fact is, OEM or Not, nVidia and their rebranding tactics are fact. You might say that because consumer are not directly buying this, so there isn't must misguiding going on... but for some poor chap buying pre-built system, he is going to think... "Oh wow.. GTS240, that's good"... thinking it's newer gen card, while it's clearly not.

sabby said:
@sumchamp
exactly. people eying for 4770 will buy either 4850(-1k) or 4870(+1k). Nice business strategy. They've also been assured about the market for 40nm GDDR5 based cards ( with DX11 in future)

and you guys think that for 5k it wud have any other competition??..

Lol news! I will buy the next gen archi that gives twice or equal power of a 4890 or more for half power comsumption and half price lol hehe.

I am starting to like ATI for their simplicity in their branding. A new series means a new architecture, not a rebrand of an old product. It is exactly like the metaphors of bikes, cars and whatever else mentioned by my fellow-members.

iGo said:
@Dark Star: I DID read the link... but the fact is, OEM or Not, nVidia and their rebranding tactics are fact. You might say that because consumer are not directly buying this, so there isn't must misguiding going on... but for some poor chap buying pre-built system, he is going to think... "Oh wow.. GTS240, that's good"... thinking it's newer gen card, while it's clearly not.

then that poor chap cant be helped.

Now, when AMD Athlon II was launched after Phenom II, then the poor chap will think its newer gen and hence better than phenom II!?!?!? :S

Similarly, nvidia isnt fooling anyone, They placed it below the GTX series (to avoid Gen/architecture confusion) and even below the GTS 250 (to show inferior performance as compared to GTS250) because thats its correct position.

otpsurvive said:
I am starting to like ATI for their simplicity in their branding. A new series means a new architecture, not a rebrand of an old product. It is exactly like the metaphors of bikes, cars and whatever else mentioned by my fellow-members.

yea they dont re-brand.. they do something worse. underclocking and overclocking and releasing the same card for money. AFAIR they launched 4790 which was hell confusing as it wasnt on 4770 architecture. http://www.techenclave.com/graphic-cards/ati-4790-a-138397.html..

And why was 4770 named in 47xx series when we know that its the latest 40nm architecture and DDR5 and hence way more advanced than 48xx!! why coudnt they name it 4930 or something!!!

Also, the no. of fillers launched within a short span of time was humoungous : 4670, 4730, 4770, 4790, 4830... now that the hell should one buy? they dont even know how to name the cards!!!

sato1986 said:
yea they dont re-brand.. they do something worse. underclocking and overclocking and releasing the same card for money. AFAIR they launched 4790 which was hell confusing as it wasnt on 4770 architecture. Ati 4790??.. Also, the no. of fillers launched within a short span of time was humoungous : 4670, 4730, 4770, 4790, 4830... now that the hell should one buy? they dont even know how to name the cards!!!

ATI released RV770, RV740 not 4770 or 4730 or 4830. So why are you bashing them? You may accuse the manufacturers like Powercolor or Sapphire.

Back