Nvidia RTX 3XXX Series announced

Insider news, heard that GPU prices may go up. Taiwan is closing for few weeks due to covid.

Yes true, we can already see that in the last 1 week here in India GPU prices have increased 5-10% atleast for mid range cards.
Coming few months crucial, let’s see how much more increase in pricing is yet to be witnessed

PrimeAbgb is offering INR 1500 discount on 3xxx GPUs available with them

On side note, see the GPU stock available with these ppl

All of sudden they have 60+ GPU in stock
LOL! Nobody will pay a whooping 71k for a sub 30k card. Only despos will opt them..

And I expect them to at least offer 15k discount rather than alms of 1.5k

I am in a real need for a new graphics card. My old card conked off and I am using a 710 as a standby for display. Would I buy these AIB cards at this much of a premium? No way... I'd rather muddle over with my trusty old 710 than buy these cards at these prices. A 100%+ premium for a card that would have an effective life of 5-7 years. Its absolutely mind blowing how people even buy at this price.

So yea, like a fool, I will try my luck at getting an FE at RPtech prices or wait. And to be honest, I have consigned myself to wait for a year or so to get a decent graphics card. One plus point, I am not spending money to buy the latest games on Steam and getting what I need on sales and discounts and slowly building up components for my next upgrade by picking up components slowly when the prices are right.

I am in a real need for a new graphics card. My old card conked off and I am using a 710 as a standby for display. Would I buy these AIB cards at this much of a premium? No way... I'd rather muddle over with my trusty old 710 than buy these cards at these prices. A 100%+ premium for a card that would have an effective life of 5-7 years. Its absolutely mind blowing how people even buy at this price.

So yea, like a fool, I will try my luck at getting an FE at RPtech prices or wait. And to be honest, I have consigned myself to wait for a year or so to get a decent graphics card. One plus point, I am not spending money to buy the latest games on Steam and getting what I need on sales and discounts and slowly building up components for my next upgrade by picking up components slowly when the prices are right.
why not consider ps5 or xbox ,that seems to be much more getable

All these laptops with 1650 gpu selling for 50K seem so much more sensible now. Desktop assembly just sucks currently.

Last edited:
Can you share links of those laptops.

1660Ti with 16GB of RAM, total VFM stuff

1660Ti with 16GB of RAM, total VFM stuff
The first and third options are pretty solid, the second one not so much because it has a single heatsink and cooling fan for both the CPU and GPU. Still, all of them are very vfm if one doesn't plan to play AAA titles at best settings (considering they're all quad core).

Back