CPU/Mobo Office PC givings problems

@ Zhopudey,
The problem could be amongst many things ....HDD, rams, M/b, cables, corrupt bios cmos, etc.... the thing is you gotta rule out each part by trial and error method or replacement method and isolate the offending part which is giving you problems. once you know the part then you will have a better picture on how to proceed with diagnosing and solving the problem.

So you think the problem is in the HDDs?

yeah, unless you have o/c your system in some way.

just make sure your bios is set to default.

i think your hard disks are mightly corrupted by the intial cable problem you had. or, bad memory can also cause disk corruption as deejay suggested.

you have to do a clean install once either on your pata or sata, that way if xp does not install we can be sure that it's some hardware problem & think on those lines.

Ok, my PC started working :S

I've removed the SATA drive. 1st time, I selected "last known good config". It started (windows), then hung in 2 mins.
Then I tries safe mode with command prompt. That worked fine. But I'd no idea what to do at the prompt. :bleh:
Then I tried normal startup, and it seems to be working now.

I should now connect the SATA drive, but I have a feeling in the back of my head that this will screw things up. So, what do I do now? What daignostics software should I run?

Back