Budget 21-30k Office use, portable laptop with good speaker recommendations

Hi guys,

I'm planning on getting a new laptop, by switching two old ones for it. I don't need much in terms of specs other than stable wireless connectivity, good loud speakers, decent FHD display, and good performance while working Office documents and possibly Photoshop for web design in the future. Here are my priorities:
  1. Performance with Office Docs/Photoshop
  2. Speaker clarity and volume
  3. Portable - easy to carry at <1.7kg weight
  4. 14"-15" FHD display that's easy on eyes (my current laptop has horrible backlight bleeding)
  5. Touchpad that's user-friendly
  6. Longevity - should give me about 5 years at least
  7. Budget-friendly - I'm on tight budget and don't want to spend needlessly (but do want to spend just enough)
I'm not convinced I need an upgrade at the moment, but if there are any good (used/new) opportunities available, I'd like to know. My current laptop has an old i3 3 gen processor and a 720p display that I'm annoyed with - besides which it's pretty good.

Suggestions?
Thanks

Hello! There are quite a few used laptops available at pretty decent prices and specs. I recently helped my friend purchase a Lenovo Yoga X1, with an i7 8th Gen processor, integrated stylus, 16gb RAM and 512 GB ssd for about 40k. There were also i5 versions too.

The battery life is about 3.5hrs of use. The laptop is pretty well built and with some careful use, I don't see why it won't last 3 to 4 years at least.

The best part is since it is a thinkpad, the parts are replaceable fairly easily.

For your use case, you should easily be able to snag one for around 28 to 35k depending.

Even at work, for the past 10 years or so, I have turned the company to look at used devices since it is cheaper and also environmentally friendly. They have accommodated my requests so far, and all the 20 odd devices we use now are used or repurposed equipment.

Redmi Book 15 Intel Core I3 11Th Gen/8 Gb/256 Gb Ssd/Windows 11 Home/15.6 Inches (39.62 Cms) Fhd Anti Glare/Ms Office/Charcoal Gray/1.8 Kg Thin and Light Laptop

Disclaimer: found this new laptop in your budget. I have never used it. So can't say anything about the battery life or keyboard, trackpad etc.

Hi guys,

I'm planning on getting a new laptop, by switching two old ones for it. I don't need much in terms of specs other than stable wireless connectivity, good loud speakers, decent FHD display, and good performance while working Office documents and possibly Photoshop for web design in the future. Here are my priorities:
  1. Performance with Office Docs/Photoshop
  2. Speaker clarity and volume
  3. Portable - easy to carry at <1.7kg weight
  4. 14"-15" FHD display that's easy on eyes (my current laptop has horrible backlight bleeding)
  5. Touchpad that's user-friendly
  6. Longevity - should give me about 5 years at least
  7. Budget-friendly - I'm on tight budget and don't want to spend needlessly (but do want to spend just enough)
I'm not convinced I need an upgrade at the moment, but if there are any good (used/new) opportunities available, I'd like to know. My current laptop has an old i3 3 gen processor and a 720p display that I'm annoyed with - besides which it's pretty good.

Suggestions?
Thanks

If you are not convinced - that means it is more of a "want" rather than a "need."

Buy stuff or, anything for that matter, when you really "need" them.

If you are still using a mechanical HDD, try a SSD and upgrade the memory too. Should give enough extra speed to remove annoyance.

Back