Offtopic Discussion Thread!!

I was going through my syllabus of TYIT and realised that one reference book for Network Security is by Ankit Fraudia!
WTF?:no2::|

A nice reply to a guy who want more features in Lumia 920.
lumia920.jpg

Source: GSMArena

I was watching Skyfall in IMAX and during the Shanghai scene, the 'smoking is blah blah blah' warning was shown whenever a person smoking was shown. For about 3 times between 2-5 minutes. So fking irritating. I don't watch TV because to avoid this kind of crap and it is now in cinemas.FK!
I mean, who are we? Complete morons? Don't we know the smoking causes cancer? Jakob was sitting next to me and I said,"Perhaps we will see 'Use condom else you may get AIDS' during bed scene."
Who was was the blithering idiot who decided to display the warning in cinema during movie? Next we'll see warnings about stunts,alcohol and what not.

Does the warning come somewhere below the screen in a tiny print ?

I have noticed this in hindi movies as well, i saw some in last few days and the warning was there. First it started with warning at the start of movie and in voice over of the lead actor / actress and now when the actual smoking scene comes. Wow and this is not even separate from the movie like ads that if you download a movie, these won't be there, it would be even in that case.

In addition to the subtitle type warning being displayed, there's this anti-smoking ad (about lungs being compared with sponges and squeezing some grey gooey substance out of it) displayed before the movie and during the interval. Twice! This was at the PVR when we were watching Skyfall few weeks back.

The ad is fine but the subtitles are really irritating.

Shweta Srivastav

Found the pic on the Internet. The name was in the comments, so I don't know whether it is true or not.

Do we have Dogecoin thread? or any thread discussing cryptocurrencies?

I'm mining dogecoins and have almost 3000Ð in my wallet.

Any guide or tips about stock market trading, investment, IPOs? How to select them and on what basis? What are reliable resources?

Back