Ohhh... Chuck Me!!!

Just finished watching the latest episode of Chuck - 21 - Chuck vs the Ring. Was pretty mediocre according to the usual Chuck standards till mid way, but the second half ... Chuck style :eek:hyeah: !!
And the ending, "Chuck Style" redefined. Facing a probable axe, the writers simply took it to an entirely new level. A platform for the next season.
Though i agree the presentation and editing could have been much better, things have been handled in chuck in a much better way.
When ORION gave chuck his hand comp., i had a feeling Chuck would become the new ORION. But a superspy, this is even better than being the new ORION.
I hope it gets picked up for a new season now.

Yeah man ... I hope Chuck gets renewed .....

The season finale had some of the season's best lines :)

1. "Why are you letting Sam Kinison and an Indian lesbian wreck your wedding?"

2. "Chuck me".

They were hilarious :D

PS: The decision will be out by 5th of May ... Keeping my fingers crossed .... Hope to see as season 3 of Chuck next year ....

alsiladka said:
Just finished watching the latest episode of Chuck - 21 - Chuck vs the Ring. Was pretty mediocre according to the usual Chuck standards till mid way, but the second half ... Chuck style :eek:hyeah: !!
And the ending, "Chuck Style" redefined. Facing a probable axe, the writers simply took it to an entirely new level. A platform for the next season.
Though i agree the presentation and editing could have been much better, things have been handled in chuck in a much better way.
When ORION gave chuck his hand comp., i had a feeling Chuck would become the new ORION. But a superspy, this is even better than being the new ORION.
I hope it gets picked up for a new season now.

First off, episode 21 was Chuck vs the Colonel, the finale was ep 22 Chuck vs the ring.:bleh:

For me, I absolutely loved the episode, it was brilliantly written and laid down a solid foundation for season 3.

A super intersect that can even affect the person's physic is just superb, who would have thought of that?

scarezebra said:
Yeah man ... I hope Chuck gets renewed .....

The season finale had some of the season's best lines :)

1. "Why are you letting Sam Kinison and an Indian lesbian wreck your wedding?"

2. "Chuck me".

They were hilarious :D

PS: The decision will be out by 5th of May ... Keeping my fingers crossed .... Hope to see as season 3 of Chuck next year ....

Actually, the decision will be made by the 4th of May instead of the 5th, but NBC's entire lineup won't be announced before the 18th of May.

There are some really awe-inspiring fan campaigns that are going on to convince NBC to renew Chuck.

Watch/Buy/Share is one of the biggest ones going on and has also been recognized by CNN.Plus, Chuck won the Save Our Show poll that was held and got CNN coverage with fans sending videos telling why Chuck should get a 3rd season.

IMO Chuck WILL get a season 3, its too good a show to pass off.Plus, its one of the most popular NBC shows watched online at NBC/Hulu.com etc.

ReekingArchvile said:
ok ive never tried watching Chuck, how good is it, worth my download?

Download the Pilot of of Season 1 and see for yourself. :)

m0h1t said:
The twist in the end was nice...but the fight sequence was super lame :no:

Super lame? honestly, if Chuck were to ever fight, that was EXACTLY how he would have.Its only hes brain that's doing the fighting, he doesn't have the physic like a super spy to pull off those moves and look awesome doing so.

ya, the ending was superb!! can wait to start season 3 now :)

btw I wont mind the lame fighting, b'coz let it be chuckish itself...we need something to laugh in season 3 from chuck :)

season 2 was gr8...there were so many twist and turns in the story from season 1. I think each season is will planned and well connected with all seasons, although there was some silly stories in some episodes.

i believe the decision will be known on may 15th, not may 5th. i hope it gets renewed too but my understanding is that the viewership numbers just don't support it..

this is a good site to keep an eye on during the renewal uncertainty period. it's based on actual numbers and some industry people post there as well so it's usually not susceptible to gossip

http://tvbythenumbers.com/

ah wait no it's 5th may.

spindoctor said:
i believe the decision will be known on may 15th, not may 5th. i hope it gets renewed too but my understanding is that the viewership numbers just don't support it..

this is a good site to keep an eye on during the renewal uncertainty period. it's based on actual numbers and some industry people post there as well so it's usually not susceptible to gossip

Nielsen TV Show Ratings, Data and Numbers | TVbytheNumbers.com

Chuck Announcement to Come May 4th : ChuckTV.net : The fansite for NBC’s series, Chuck

You need to keep in mind the time slot that the show had, Monday 8/7c is pretty much the worst time for a fictional show to air, especially when its up against some of the most viewed US shows like Dancing with the stars, House etc.The show still managed to keep a view count of around 6-8 million during that time which is pretty respectable considering the number of set backs the show faced with the 1 month hiatus, Obama speeches etc.

m0h1t said:
The twist in the end was nice...but the fight sequence was super lame :no:

The fight was chuck style, as F|0ccY pointed out, he has only got the techniques, not the physical strenght or style.
ReekingArchvile said:
ok ive never tried watching Chuck, how good is it, worth my download?

If there is any show where the entire season is worth it, then chuck it is. Don't think you would not find it interesting.
F|0ccY said:
First off, episode 21 was Chuck vs the Colonel, the finale was ep 22 Chuck vs the ring.:bleh:
For me, I absolutely loved the episode, it was brilliantly written and laid down a solid foundation for season 3.
A super intersect that can even affect the person's physic is just superb, who would have thought of that?
Actually, the decision will be made by the 4th of May instead of the 5th, but NBC's entire lineup won't be announced before the 18th of May.
There are some really awe-inspiring fan campaigns that are going on to convince NBC to renew Chuck.
Watch/Buy/Share is one of the biggest ones going on and has also been recognized by CNN.Plus, Chuck won the Save Our Show poll that was held and got CNN coverage with fans sending videos telling why Chuck should get a 3rd season.
IMO Chuck WILL get a season 3, its too good a show to pass off.Plus, its one of the most popular NBC shows watched online at NBC/Hulu.com etc.
Download the Pilot of of Season 1 and see for yourself. :)
Super lame? honestly, if Chuck were to ever fight, that was EXACTLY how he would have.Its only hes brain that's doing the fighting, he doesn't have the physic like a super spy to pull off those moves and look awesome doing so.
Opps, my bad. Episode 22.
I disagree on this point though, it wasn't as brilliantly written. You could sense the feeling of rushing the story to fit everything within the episode. Even the editing wasn't that good.
Even if NBC decides the axe Chuck, i get a feeling some other network will pick it up. The story is simply too much fun.

season finale was one of the best finales EVER! Chuck is such a fun and entertaining show. Got good review's from everywhere even from critics too.

I was rolling on the floor watching Jeffster played Mr.Roboto at the wedding.
Also when Mr. Awesome said 'Why are you letting Sam Kinison and an Indian lesbian wreck your wedding?"(still laughing)

whenever sarah was trying to tell chuck that she was going to stay with him, she got interrupted..and when bryce was trying to tell chuck the same thing, he couldn't finish either...

Casey had some great lines in this espisode espically the you rang and the chuck me lines
I also love that casey and his team ended up planning the replacement wedding.
Also got to say the fact that NBC allowed the Chuck writers to put, 'to be continued...' at the end of the episode gives me real hope for a next season. Also "SAVE CHUCK" campaign is all over d internet.

F|0ccY said:
Chuck Announcement to Come May 4th : ChuckTV.net : The fansite for NBC’s series, Chuck

You need to keep in mind the time slot that the show had, Monday 8/7c is pretty much the worst time for a fictional show to air, especially when its up against some of the most viewed US shows like Dancing with the stars, House etc.The show still managed to keep a view count of around 6-8 million during that time which is pretty respectable considering the number of set backs the show faced with the 1 month hiatus, Obama speeches etc.

there are a lot of things to consider here. firstly, chuck peaked at around 6 million i believe, not more. the networks look for numbers like 10 million, which they get with the most popular shows. cable channels will be happy with much lesser numbers but not network tv.

another problem is that leno is getting a show at 10pm every weeknight starting in the summer. nbc is cutting costs and basically eating away 1 slot for syndicated tv everyday. so it's not just chuck, but quite a few others that are on the bubble now because there will be no slots.

you're right about the slot being a difficult one... heck even house has much less viewership than dancing with the stars. ultimately though, things like timeslot and the hiatus are used to judge the strength of the show, not to make excuses for them.

on the bright side, i do believe that chuck has pretty vocal support so it's possible that the network might be swayed by that. i think the situation is summed up by a quote i read recently... something along the lines of "if you look at the numbers, there is no reason for chuck to return... and if it does get a renewal, it will be out of the goodness of nbc's heart."

spindoctor said:
there are a lot of things to consider here. firstly, chuck peaked at around 6 million i believe, not more. the networks look for numbers like 10 million, which they get with the most popular shows. cable channels will be happy with much lesser numbers but not network tv.

another problem is that leno is getting a show at 10pm every weeknight starting in the summer. nbc is cutting costs and basically eating away 1 slot for syndicated tv everyday. so it's not just chuck, but quite a few others that are on the bubble now because there will be no slots.

you're right about the slot being a difficult one... heck even house has much less viewership than dancing with the stars. ultimately though, things like timeslot and the hiatus are used to judge the strength of the show, not to make excuses for them.

on the bright side, i do believe that chuck has pretty vocal support so it's possible that the network might be swayed by that. i think the situation is summed up by a quote i read recently... something along the lines of "if you look at the numbers, there is no reason for chuck to return... and if it does get a renewal, it will be out of the goodness of nbc's heart."

Chuck peaked at around 8.4mill with vs the Third Dimension after the Superbowl.

I just wished they kept Chuck in a reasonable time slot.8/7c is either a make or break time slot for any TV show.

F|0ccY said:
Chuck peaked at around 8.4mill with vs the Third Dimension after the Superbowl.

I just wished they kept Chuck in a reasonable time slot.8/7c is either a make or break time slot for any TV show.

getting 8.4 million with a superbowl lead in and a massively hyped gimmick is pretty bad if you think about it (the superbowl had 90 million viewers?). i was wrong about the ratings though, chuck has averaged over 6 million per week for this season.

Chuck (TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

now compare it to house

House (TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

whether or not you think it's fair, that is what it competes against. and that is why it makes sense to cancel it from a financial perspective. anyway let's see what happens.

chucks a really good show...
actually better than heroes and prison break`s current season we are made to watch.

lets hope we get to see the 3rd season.

F|0ccY said:
Exactly, that's what they tried to do with TSSC.

Yeah, but you are forgetting that TSSC was essentially a boring show and the 2nd season failed to exite even its own fans!! No matter how good or awesome the series finale would have been, an entire season of boring episodes cannot be redeemed by one nice episode.

Whereas chuck has had an impressive run of shows all through the season. It can be saved by being aired at a different time slot.

spindoctor said:
getting 8.4 million with a superbowl lead in and a massively hyped gimmick is pretty bad if you think about it (the superbowl had 90 million viewers?). i was wrong about the ratings though, chuck has averaged over 6 million per week for this season.

Chuck (TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

now compare it to house

House (TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

whether or not you think it's fair, that is what it competes against. and that is why it makes sense to cancel it from a financial perspective. anyway let's see what happens.

Well, that is an unfair comparison, but yes that's the reality of the situation.House is a much older show and honestly clicks with more people than Chuck because a lot of people don't really understand the geek/nerd references used in Chuck so they don't bother watching it.

Let's hope for the best.
alsiladka said:
Yeah, but you are forgetting that TSSC was essentially a boring show and the 2nd season failed to exite even its own fans!! No matter how good or awesome the series finale would have been, an entire season of boring episodes cannot be redeemed by one nice episode.

Whereas chuck has had an impressive run of shows all through the season. It can be saved by being aired at a different time slot.

True, TSCC just lost its pace during its mid season.Some plots didn't even make sense, they were poorly written and weren't even linked for several episodes untill the finale which just felt way too rushed.

Back