Old is Gold

Josh

Skilled
I was going through one thread where appo was telling about Asus Cusl2 mobo for P III. I also happened to use that on my first PIII 900MHz.

Want to share some old timeless pieces of hardware, that made their debut in old times and rocked the world ?? Know for stability and best of the engineering. Totally invaluable pieces of hardware that changed the trend at that time. That gave us something totally new, stable, engineered with engineering not existing before that time.

Asus Cusl2 :oops: for PIII is also my vote. Really rocked in PIII days. :eek:hyeah:

Please share some of your old and gold pieces of comp hardware here.

Looking forward for some senior members to tell their experiences with different and awesome hardware in old times. :clap:

^^ :oops: acknowledged..

Hey and what is the config of the other system u have other than slb and the conroe one. ??

Josh said:
^^ :oops: acknowledged..

Hey and what is the config of the other system u have other than slb and the conroe one. ??

athlon 2100 tbred'b aiuhb
asus a7n8x dlx
512mb transcend ddr400
160gb seagate barracuda
plextor 16x cdrw :D
lg dvdrom
vip gamebomb cabinet
samsung 793mb 17"
microsoft keyboard, microsoft ie4
xfx gf4 mx440
vip 350w smps
creative inspire 5.1 spks :p

here is 1 of the old yet gold cfg i can remember.

amd 1.1ghz thunderbird :) (my 1st amd chip)
asus via kt133
ati 9700pro

p.s i still have the board & chip

Heh good old days... I had an Asus CuBX with a PIII 550 overclocked to 800 on the stock heatsink :p. Awesome board. Oh btw 440BX was a better chipset than 815 anyday :p. Only hitch was the AGP 2X :(..

AthlonXP 2000+
Krypton (Biostar) NForce2 Ultra 400
256mb DDR266 (the other stick died :( )
Asus GeForce 2 MX 200 32MB with TV out :hap2:

zhopudey said:
AthlonXP 2000+
Krypton (Biostar) NForce2 Ultra 400
256mb DDR266 (the other stick died :( )
Asus GeForce 2 MX 200 32MB with TV out :hap2:
errr.......Is this about old stuff that we had? Cause I'm still using this above mentioned rig:p I have to since my new pc can't handle my adventures, and is usually down :p

Chaos said:
Asus CuBX with a PIII 550 overclocked to 800 on the stock heatsink

:O GAWD... thats an awesome overclock on a baccha of a proccy.

But pentium series uptill some P IV used to run pretty cool. Even my P III 900 Mhz used to run so cool.

anyone used AMD Durons ?? One of my friend had it and it used to have that overheating problem then. He got some International Warrant Card and some Club Card and stuff with it. Elite !!

nostalgic times.

i still have an antique piece running and going strong. My father uses it to store his accounts.

P II - 350 mhz
440 BX chipset MB with onboard sound
64 mb SDRAM
10 GB seagate HDD (initially i had 4 GB which i exchanged with my dealer for bigger one :D)
Trident AGP card with TV out with 4 MB VRAM onboard
Creative CD ROM (died) replaced last year with LG one.
LG studioworks 14 inch monitor
TVSE GOLD keyboard ( i love this one still strong and touch feel of this board is really great)
Dial up modem

medpal said:
TVSE GOLD keyboard ( i love this one still strong and touch feel of this board is really great)

TVS Mechanical Keyboards were pretty good and sturdy. I still remember the mild chuck chuck sound which used to come when the keys were hit. One of the most durable keyboards. Whatever treatment you give they never seemed to bother.

Also i think that the earlier LG CD-ROM drives were much better in quality than the crappy ones we get now.

I still fondly remember my first PC, I am not sure whether it was a 286 or just an 8086..... and THAT truly changed the face of desktop computing.

TVS Mechanical Keyboards were pretty good and sturdy. I still remember the mild chuck chuck sound which used to come when the keys were hit. One of the most durable keyboards. Whatever treatment you give they never seemed to bother.

yea i love those keyboards..they were more like typewriters :p i my friend still has one of em and i totally love typing on em :) ... and there were creative Cd ROM drives as well ... i saw that in my school computer lab :p i was called Dr destructo in the computer lab :devil2: coz i used to somehow get the side panels of the computers open :p dont ask me how :devil2:

KingKrool said:
I still fondly remember my first PC, I am not sure whether it was a 286 or just an 8086..... and THAT truly changed the face of desktop computing.

:O How much did that cost u in those days ?? My friend had got a Pentium 1 in around 1995 or something for 1 lakh rupees or something. It had 32 MB RAM and came with Win 95.

my first was a 386. ..... with no sound, no multimedia ,15" moniter, 8 or 16MB of ram and a 900MB HDD .......

i think that was around ~75k and we have to keep that in AC rooms as instructed by the dealer lol ...... i remember playing prince of persia in that machine and sound used to came from the cabby speaker .....

but i upgraded this thing to a 486 in 2 months with creative CD ROM with remote(yeah it was a big luxury that time) and multimedia speakers .....

i remember listening to music was really problematic those days coz of changing CDs everytime ...... one day my fren told me about MP3(at that time i was having a P3 550 Slot type processor) ..... AFAIR it was 1998 or 1999 and i wasw surprized to see more than 100 songs on single disc ...... :D

Back