CPU/Mobo old school Abit IP 35 E got fried :(

Hey Guys,

Need urgent help!!! basically my old mobo malfunctioned and when i visited nehru place to get it fixed, repair guy told me that an IC name A/40 is the culprit. He tried to this IC across nehru place but none of them have it right now. So, only solution is to get a new mobo for my old gaming rig. Can you guys please suggest a decent mobo that supports following components (don't laugh :p)

1. CPU - E8400 Core 2 Duo
2. RAM - Kingston Value 800MHz 1x2 GB
2. HDD - WD 320gb sata + WD 1tb sata
3. Graphic Card - EVGA 8800gt KO 512mb
4. Power Supply - Corsair 450w vx
5. Cabinet - CM Elite 330
6. Monitor - Dell 22" SP2208WFP

Please reply urgently as i will be visiting nehru place to buy new mobo tomorrow.

TIA

thanks for quick reply :) one last question...gigabyte or intel?

One more question,
Both these mobos have built-in graphic cards, can I disable it and use the external graphic card that i already have (evga 8800gt)? FYI, this card requires external power supply. Should i get worried at all.

Pick whatever is cheap. Intel boards are generally regarded as reliable and built to last. Essentially, a no frills board without any options for tweaking the clocks or the memory timings.

You can disable the onboard GPU from the BIOS.

EDIT: Has the pricing of these older motherboards shot up?! I recall picking up the younger sibling of that Gigabyte board - the G31M for some 2.3k, a couple of years back!

Back