Audio Onboard Sound Card Sucks!

^ PMPO(peak music power output) depends on the manufacturer take for eg a sony music system which i have is advertized as 200watts P.M.P.O but when u check the manual its say 24watts RMS(12+12),now if u compare it to a samsung music system which is stated as 1700watts PMPO the actual RMS is 140RMS(70+70),now these RMS(root mean square) values are mostly measured at 1khz but if u look at some dedicated stereo amps they quote the figure of rms measured at 20hz to 20khz ,so the RMS quoted by samsung measured at 20hz to 20khz could be 1/3 or 1/4 of the rms stated.
some manufatures quote the power at clipping.

here is an intresting article who greenhorn shared with is and is very informative.
Lenard Audio - Education - Amplifiers.

I'm not sure what the output impedance of onboard soundcards is but the output impedance of most CD players/DACs is roughly a few hundred ohm and a few ohms here and there would hardly matter.

good thread...
now noooob question from my side -
is my P5b Delux wi-fi mobo onboard HD sound is better than Creative Audigy 2 ZS ?
i am talking about audio quality and off course load as well.
aftrer i purchase z5500 i downloaded some 5.1 chanel files from internet .
Free DTS and AC-3 (Dolby Digital) Downloads
i downloaded some wav files but sound was just krrrkrkrkrkrkrkrkkrkrkrkrkrk...

what can be the problem? my mobo has 6 jacks and properly configured as 6 channel direct audio. tested with vista default 5.1 speaker test.

avi_avadhut said:
good thread...
now noooob question from my side -
is my P5b Delux wi-fi mobo onboard HD sound is better than Creative Audigy 2 ZS ?
i am talking about audio quality and off course load as well.
aftrer i purchase z5500 i downloaded some 5.1 chanel files from internet .
Free DTS and AC-3 (Dolby Digital) Downloads
i downloaded some wav files but sound was just krrrkrkrkrkrkrkrkkrkrkrkrkrk...

what can be the problem? my mobo has 6 jacks and properly configured as 6 channel direct audio. tested with vista default 5.1 speaker test.

well audigy 2zs is significantly better.

i have SPDIF on my onboard HD sound as well but no cables bundled with mobo niether with speakers..... where to buy? will it deliver 6 channel sound ?

just Use any RCA cable - the type you use to connect VCD/DVD players to TV :) You wont get sound when gaming though- only for movies/music, but it should sound better :)

Back