Storage Solutions One delay found in my WD 2TB HDD what to do ?

surinder1508

Disciple
Guys/gals One of my 2TB HDD developed one delay but no bad sectors ( determined by HDD regenerator ) and it is the main drive in the system which contains OS and my overall windows sessions got slower. What I can do to wipe that delay. This HDD is out of warranty.

Delays could be misreads (where the hdd looks for a certain bit of data, gets it wrong, detects that it screwed up, and tries again).
This could indicate a problem with the surface of the disk, or with the mechanical function of the HDD.

your harddisk may go off

Then can I mask/skip/wipe/recover that area somehow?

NTFS filesystem? For full solution, post partition layout here. Hint - defragment in windows, download gparted live CD, make bootable USB pen drive, boot from it, move partition away from affected area by increasing empty space before first partition.

First partition is 50GB ( C drive ) rest is D drive and can I make empty space before first partition without re-partitioning the drive as first partition contains OS n second partition contains 1.6TB of DATA so it will be pain for me to re install OS n all the stuff there once more on the C drive n copy n back copy all the DATA from n to the D partition.

Back