One more C3 in da house

abbY

Skilled
Damage 5.35k :mad: :mad: :mad: Alpha

I was damn pissed off with the price ... I thought it sells for 4.7k ... couldn''t do anything ...I had already sold my 5.1's and needed new ones....those guys left me with only two options -take it OR-leave it

And this was the last piece ... so :ashamed:

I couldn't wait for another day since I hardly get time.

Coming to the box .. weighed in at a hefty 16.6kgs .. realized that when I din get a rick to santacruz from parle .. I had to tug the monster for 15 mins before getting a rick to parle stations .... and then I travelled by train ... that meant climbing the bridges at parle and santacruz station.

That was the pain ... and here come the pics

p8310010ke9.jpg

my.php

p8310014cm7.jpg

p8310015lq1.jpg

p8310020br0.jpg

p8310021rr6.jpg

p8310022ie7.jpg

p8310023uk5.jpg

p8310024lr5.jpg

p8310025ni5.jpg

Sound quality is good .. you can keep it at max volume unlike some speakers that tend to produce a distorted output at high volumes.

The BASS is really punchy .... but.....I would want some more of it ;)

BUILD Quality : 10/10 .. supperrrbbbb build quality ..everything .. the speakers .. the sub .. the controls ...the large volume dial with a orange hue ... the cables....everything smacks quality....except the sides of the amplifier which is made of steel and painted black ... feels like made of tin...the front of the amp again ... has a good mirror finish

For the first time in my lifetime I am using speakers with all my equalizers disabled .. they **** up the quality biggg time ..

I forgot to include the pics of the remote ..it is really slick ...but overdone ...they have provided a pair of buttons to increase the volume ..both the buttons adjacent to each other .. and another pair to redice the volume ...at some distance from the volume increase buttons.

Besides that there are buttons to increase / decrease the BASS / TREBLE

Change input mode to aux / pc

Buttons to mute and power

The monster prefers the new 320kbps mp3's as its feed.

Once the volume is pumped >40 I notice some lines on my CRT .. which increase as the vol is increased :(

Considering the humongous size of the sub ..you expect Armageddon .. but its a output is pretty sane .. punchy and precise ....but a bit weak for its size .. still the overall experience is good ... especially at high volumes .... the sub kicks in a bit harder....

Verdict: SATISFIED with speakers but pissed on alpha :mad: and scared for my monitor :(

Will there be any improvements in sound quality if I use Vista, cause the realtek software in Vista is seperate and in the crealtek conrol panel it shows DX 10 .. so I am assuming some DX 10 files are used by realtek and it might improve the sound quality

The Sorcerer said:
Are they literally better than mx5021??
Congrats on the buy btw.
Dont think so man.

The way he is talking they seem low on sound
C3 is
• 2 x 8 W RMS (satellite speakers)
• 1 x 30 W RMS (subwoofer)

Total of 46W

MX5021 is

• 2 x 20 W RMS (satellite speakers)
• 1 x 50 W RMS (subwoofer)

Total of 90W

So 5021 has roughly about 2 times the power

ultimabasher said:
Dont think so man.
The way he is talking they seem low on sound

C3 is

• 2 x 8 W RMS (satellite speakers)

• 1 x 30 W RMS (subwoofer)
Total of 46W
MX5021 is
• 2 x 20 W RMS (satellite speakers)

• 1 x 50 W RMS (subwoofer)
Total of 90W
So 5021 has roughly about 2 times the power
RMS power is not everything ,it has to do with the quality of the amp the speaker construction and the sound source .i have a sony hifi with 260 watts rms on each speakers but it still sounds like shit when compared to my z5500

RMS has everything to do with the amount of sound coming out. Never commented on the quality of the sound.

You may have an amplifier of that much RMS but its useless if your speakers are not able to produce that much

ultimabasher said:
Can you explain that line.

You are praising or cursing :S

Praising ... I don't need to fiddle with any EQ to get the right sound quality .. vocals ... rock ...pop ... all seemed to sound fine...btw I am on realtek alc883 no fancy sound card .. still it sounds superb.

Though 320kbps encoded mp3's sound sweet ....the poor sound quality of mp3's with lower bit rate is noticeable.

The max volume is more than enough ....I walked till my main gate ...i.e a distance of about 10-15meters and I could still hear the song very clearly .

The thing about these speakers is that even at max volume there is no noticeable loss in quality .. I used to keep the volume usually at 50 :eek:hyeah: ... but from the time I noticed some scan lines on my CRT ....I am holding back a bit.

Is it electronic interference or sound waves causing it ????

are those front speakers magnetically shielded ?
try keeping them a bit away from the monitor if it was me i wud put two speaker stands on corner of the wall and place the speakers there.front speakers look nice more like studio monitors:)

vijaysurendran said:
^^ precisely so just coz mx5021 have 2x power doesnt mean they are any better !!!

Just to mention, you can google it too, more RMS does mean more sound.

People are not crazy purchasing the z5500 that I think give 300+ RMS.

Also he said it himself he cant keep it more than 50 so he prefers to keep the volume at 40%.

To mention, I have a quite big room and when I turn up the volume to 20%, its much more than my ears can handle.

So beat it man.

The Sorcerer said:
I doubt they are better than mx5021. Congrats anyways.

They may have a better sound quality but they cant beat at the total output produced.

ultima is fightin for sound level n other guy for quality level:rofl....
mx5021 is better in terms of poweroutput....i havent had demo on c3 yet...
but imo mx still has the upper hand on c3.....supported by reviews and also the THX certification...
nywayz congoz to the owner...:D.....

I spend most of the time listening MP3's .. will a sound card make a noticeable difference ???

Installed enhancer for winamp on the recommendation of "BackToExistence" .. the BASS is more pronounced now.

Back