One more C3 in da house

Chaos said:
^^Trust me if you put that Z5500 on a test bench, it won't last much beyond 50 watt without putting in significant distortion. A real 500 watt amplifier looks something like this

McCormack Audio Corporation of Virginia

This thing costs 7000 USD and that is obviously not cheap. It also weighs 30 odd kilos. That is why i said... ignore specs :p.

That is 500W per channel man :p

STEREO Amplifier with output power rating of 500 watts per channel RMS, both channels driven into 8 ohms at less than 1% THD, 900 watts per channel into 4 ohms..

Goes upto 900W rms Each channel :O. No wonder it may cost that much.

Each channel is capable of producing 900W RMS so no wonder you have found something out of world :p

And at that price range, I would bet that it would offer crisp sound till the end. And figures do matter correct. Else you would never have had looked at that amp :p

Lol man I have already got that voice.

All the time, I was telling about the max output and all the time you were talking about the quality. Different views you see.

And sincerely man I dont get offended even when someone says **** you on my face :p. This is far away from that.

P.S. I do get that lots of **** u's at my office and from friends for some serious actions :p

ultimabasher said:
That is 500W per channel man :p

STEREO Amplifier with output power rating of 500 watts per channel RMS, both channels driven into 8 ohms at less than 1% THD, 900 watts per channel into 4 ohms..

Goes upto 900W rms Each channel :O. No wonder it may cost that much.

Each channel is capable of producing 900W RMS so no wonder you have found something out of world :p

And at that price range, I would bet that it would offer crisp sound till the end. And figures do matter correct. Else you would never have had looked at that amp :p

That amp can produce 1800W into 2 ohms. That is serious current. However again that doesn't mean loud. You can put an 80 dB/W/m sensitivity speaker to it and you'll hardly get any output.

The power is only comparable across a particular range. So a DNA-500 is more powerful than a DNA-225 or 125 but across different brands, there is no comparison. Also there are bigger and better built amps than that are rated at 100W :p.

Chaos said:
That amp can produce 1800W into 2 ohms. That is serious current. However again that doesn't mean loud. You can put an 80 dB/W/m sensitivity speaker to it and you'll hardly get any output.

The power is only comparable across a particular range. So a DNA-500 is more powerful than a DNA-225 or 125 but across different brands, there is no comparison. Also there are bigger and better built amps than that are rated at 100W :p.

ZOMG :O

Well yea with those powerful amps, you need some speakers that can actually throw out that much correct? Or you will just end up wasting those $7000 :p

Emperor said:
We should request Chaos to compare MX5021 & Edifier C3, he is best with speakers :)
+1 I volunteer for that :) .. i will get my C3's.

And as for the you fighter cocks, create your own thread and fight there all you want, why crap this beautiful thread with mental hospitals and psychologists :mad: ?

Wasn't this supposed to be me show off thread :huh:

Anyway guys I din even consider the MX cause of budget constraints .. I don't know how the MX sounds ... but it is legendary and there is no doubt about it ... but the C3's has its own pro's and finally we have some competition to the MX ...

Something that I have come across is that MX owners who have recently purchased the a new MX5021 have reported sound quality to be lesser than the ones available some time ago.

So the stage is set and Chaos its upto you to put these heavy weights (still suffering from a sore back :( ) in the ring ... :hap2:

Can some1 please answer my question:
Will a Audugy2ZS be enough ....I just listen to MP3's most of the time ....... will it make a noticable difference over my Realtek onboard ALC 883 codec while listening to MP3's ?

well .. a similiar fight has also existed in other forum like lowyat.Since malaysia are a big fan of both c3 and mx5021 . after going through the forum for a long time ,found that both are nearly same . but c3 is a good VFM cause of price.

Any MX5021 users wanna pitch it against the C3's lemme know I am from Mumbai (Santacruz).

How heavy are the MX5021 ?

lol they are almost as heavy as your C3 there. Just that they are big rather than more heavy. And they are clumsy in a way, the original box does not even have proper handles or sleeves to lift it up.

Can some1 please answer my question:

Will a Audugy2ZS be enough ....?I just listen to MP3's most of the time ....... will it make a noticable difference over my Realtek onboard ALC 883 codec while listening to MP3's ?

Back