One more C3 in da house

abhisheksahas said:
I spend most of the time listening MP3's .. will a sound card make a noticeable difference ???

Installed enhancer for winamp on the recommendation of "BackToExistence" .. the BASS is more pronounced now.

well no matter what you do, if you really want to enjoy the real sound, get a sound card.

You may as well try for the asus Xonar that is in GO section if your budget permits. Heard they are good.

WingZero said:
ultima is fightin for sound level n other guy for quality level:rofl....

mx5021 is better in terms of poweroutput....i havent had demo on c3 yet...

but imo mx still has the upper hand on c3.....supported by reviews and also the THX certification...

nywayz congoz to the owner...:D.....
read the post before u talk crap :eek:hyeah:

what i meant was sound level alone must not guide ur decision on buying a speaker. rofl my a**..

vijaysurendran said:
read the post before u talk crap :eek:hyeah:
what i meant was sound level alone must not guide ur decision on buying a speaker. rofl my a**..

Yeah you should do that.

Cause we never talked about the sound quality.

ultimabasher said:
Dont think so man.

The way he is talking they seem low on sound
C3 is
• 2 x 8 W RMS (satellite speakers)
• 1 x 30 W RMS (subwoofer)

Total of 46W

MX5021 is

• 2 x 20 W RMS (satellite speakers)
• 1 x 50 W RMS (subwoofer)

Total of 90W

So 5021 has roughly about 2 times the power

Do you know the significance of those 2 lines.

I am purely talking about the sound output.

So either consult a doctor or read properly before you post crap

Abhishek said

Once the volume is pumped >40 I notice some lines on my CRT .. which increase as the vol is increased
you said

Also he said it himself he cant keep it more than 50 so he prefers to keep the volume at 40%.
abhishek never did
so dont make ur own stories

And you replied
"Also he said it himself he cant keep it more than 50 so he prefers to keep the volume at 40%."

read his first post he said he is unable to increase the volume coz his crt is showing distortions due to interference from the speakers
think is you who needs to consult an opthalmologist or better a psychiatrist
gettting all worked up for such a silly thing
kids pfff!!!

vijaysurendran said:
RMS power is not everything ,it has to do with the quality of the amp the speaker construction and the sound source .i have a sony hifi with 260 watts rms on each speakers but it still sounds like shit when compared to my z5500

260 Watts RMS??? Are you sure about this? Considering 5.1, that would easily touch 1000 Watt RMS!

~LT

ultimabasher said:
Dont think so man.

The way he is talking they seem low on sound
C3 is
• 2 x 8 W RMS (satellite speakers)
• 1 x 30 W RMS (subwoofer)

Total of 46W

MX5021 is

• 2 x 20 W RMS (satellite speakers)
• 1 x 50 W RMS (subwoofer)

Total of 90W

So 5021 has roughly about 2 times the power

What is the distortion at which the power is measured? Neither mention it. So both of those figures are just figures and there's really no comparison between them. Neither does it mean that the MX5021 is twice as loud as the other since there's no mention of sensitivity of the drivers.

Not sure how many times I've said this but I say it again... specs have nothing to do with how an amp sounds or even how powerful an amp sounds.

Anyway coming to the point the drivers on those satellites look really really cheap paper cones. Looking at those drivers, I can safely say the MX5021 will sound better than this.

abhisheksahas said:
Praising ... I don't need to fiddle with any EQ to get the right sound quality .. vocals ... rock ...pop ... all seemed to sound fine...btw I am on realtek alc883 no fancy sound card .. still it sounds superb.

Though 320kbps encoded mp3's sound sweet ....the poor sound quality of mp3's with lower bit rate is noticeable.

The max volume is more than enough ....I walked till my main gate ...i.e a distance of about 10-15meters and I could still hear the song very clearly .

The thing about these speakers is that even at max volume there is no noticeable loss in quality .. I used to keep the volume usually at 50 :eek:hyeah: ... but from the time I noticed some scan lines on my CRT ....I am holding back a bit.

Is it electronic interference or sound waves causing it ????

Dont you see what he means to say.

People dont have eyes to see and brain to analyze and just come up and comment on each damn thread.

vijaysurendran said:
Abhishek said

Once the volume is pumped >40 I notice some lines on my CRT .. which increase as the vol is increased

you said

Also he said it himself he cant keep it more than 50 so he prefers to keep the volume at 40%.

abhishek never did

so dont make ur own stories

And you replied

"Also he said it himself he cant keep it more than 50 so he prefers to keep the volume at 40%."

read his first post he said he is unable to increase the volume coz his crt is showing distortions due to interference from the speakers
think is you who needs to consult an opthalmologist or better a psychiatrist

gettting all worked up for such a silly thing

kids pfff!!!

Who said I am making my own stories.

He has already accepted it. Just that you dont have the brain to analyze what is he trying to say.

And if you saying that 46W RMS and 90W RMS does not make any difference in speaker quality, you suck to the bone man. 5021 is also THX certified so that would make a lot of difference. I am not a die hard Altec Lansing fan that I am fighting for it. Just that you didn't have the eyes to check and analyze what a person has written and what he means. Though I was not the one who started the debate about quality and quantity. I just said about the Power of Altec Lansing and sound output. Its you who commented saying your Sony sound sucky than your z5500. That is your problem man. Throw them off if that is the case.

You seriously need to get admitted to a good mental hospital where they can atleast allow you to surf on the internet once a day to keep you in control.

Chaos said:
What is the distortion at which the power is measured? Neither mention it. So both of those figures are just figures and there's really no comparison between them. Neither does it mean that the MX5021 is twice as loud as the other since there's no mention of sensitivity of the drivers.

Not sure how many times I've said this but I say it again... specs have nothing to do with how an amp sounds or even how powerful an amp sounds.

Anyway coming to the point the drivers on those satellites look really really cheap paper cones. Looking at those drivers, I can safely say the MX5021 will sound better than this.

Agreed Chaos dada. Distortion seems to come in Altec when the sound level is above 90% and for me it comes from the SUB because I have placed it on a table to save it from dust.

Also agreed that figures are just figures but they do signify atleast the base of the thing. Almost everyone pays heed to the specs before even shortlisting the item.

Also I recall you saying that the loudness is mainly because of the of the drivers in the satellite and the build quality of the SUB.

But the talk between me and him is purely based on the RMS rating.

read this article
Tech ARP - Edifier C3 2.1 Speaker System Review

edifier c3does have a few aces up it sleeve
it has a separate enclosure for its amp which most speaker systems do not
(they encase it in the subwoofer)

And the front speakers do look like full range speakers and are nice to look at:):)

for the price point and features i would pick edifier c3.

you really cant compare edifier c3 and mx5021 the later is much more expensive and is also thx certified but you also cant count the edifier to be a dud.

to quote from another post in a different forum

"I check out the latest Edifier C3 speakers - 2 + 1 type and compared it with the Edifier S2.1M. At Lay Yat Plaza.

My vote goes to the new C3 with it better sound quality and handling capacity at LOUD volumes. The C3 has a separate mid-range speaker which handles the vocals well and thus why I feel the sound of the C3 is better overall. And when pushed hard , it does not distort much.

Suggest your own LISTENING TESt to decide what you like. One man meat could be another man poison"

and any reason y u mentioned this in ur previous post ultima?
"Just to mention, you can google it too, more RMS does mean more sound.

People are not crazy purchasing the z5500 that I think give 300+ RMS.

To mention, I have a quite big room and when I turn up the volume to 20%, its much more than my ears can handle.

So beat it man. "

before you out to prove somone wrong take a deep breathe do some yoga count from count from one to ten and reply with a calm mind
dont just type whatever gibberish comes to your mind ok?

nice of ultima to show off his kiddish charms:):)

We should request Chaos to compare MX5021 & Edifier C3, he is best with speakers :)

PS: sorry, I didn't check earlier, Chaos already here with this thread :ashamed:

vijaysurendran said:
and any reason y u mentioned this in ur previous post ultima?
"Just to mention, you can google it too, more RMS does mean more sound.

People are not crazy purchasing the z5500 that I think give 300+ RMS.

To mention, I have a quite big room and when I turn up the volume to 20%, its much more than my ears can handle.

So beat it man. "

before you out to prove somone wrong take a deep breathe do some yoga count from count from one to ten and reply with a calm mind
dont just type whatever gibberish comes to your mind ok?

nice of ultima to show off his kiddish charms:):)
Say what you want man. When you are proven wrong, you dont have much options except for trying to pull legs by saying cheap talks.

Do you mean to say that a speaker having (actual not theoretical) 20W and a speaker having 30W will have the same max output.

Wake up man, this is the correct time. You are trying to bluff your way out of this and you are doing nothing but getting deeper in this shit trying to find your way out. Accept it man, you made a mistake and are not ready to accept it.

FYI. I did a bit googling on Z5500 and this is what I found. Though according to Chaos they are just figures but they count.

Nominal Output Power (Total) 505 Watt
Max (RMS) Output Power (Total) 1010 Watt
Now you know why your 230w rms Sony sounds crappy. Though I purely understand that the crappy thing has nothing to do with RMS, but going by general sense, to handle such wattage, the amps have to be good.

And for your kindest Info, I have the MX5021.

People do prefer Higher RMS Systems so that they can crank up the volume to quite loud when they are watching movies or having parties.

Whats the wrong thing in that. Why do you have the Z5500 yourself or that Sony?

^^Trust me if you put that Z5500 on a test bench, it won't last much beyond 50 watt without putting in significant distortion. A real 500 watt amplifier looks something like this

McCormack Audio Corporation of Virginia

Specifications DNA - 500, STEREO Amplifier with output power rating of 500 watts per channel RMS, both channels driven into 8 ohms at less than 1% THD, 900 watts per channel into 4 ohms..

Input Impedance: 10 kOhms

Input Sensitivity: 2.25 volt rms

Hum and Noise: better than 105 dB below rated power

Dimensions: 19"w x 6.4375"h x 20.5"d

Shipping Weight: 81lbs

This thing costs 7000 USD and that is obviously not cheap. It also weighs 30 odd kilos. That is why i said... ignore specs :p.

Again Rated Power doesn't mean a loud system. To get twice as loud, you roughly need 10 times the power. So in reality a 500W amp will only sound twice as loud as a 50 watt amp. Also how well an amp drives speakers completely depends upon the amp's characteristics. I've seen 20 watters with more drive than 100 watters. A pure Class A will any day have better drive than a class AB.

oh god you still dont get it do you
ok let me break it up for you

highers rms does not necessarily mean better speakers
(hence i still prefer my z5500- 500 W RMS to my to my sony which is close to 520 w RMS)

AND YES IF YOU HAVE HIGHER RMS YOU CANT DEFINIYTELY CRANK UP THE VOLUME
BUT NOT EVERYONE LIKE TO PARTY ALL THE TIME AND WAKE THEIR NEIGHBOURS DO THEY

TO FINISH IT OFF
LOUD SPEAKER IS NOT NECESSARILY GOOD SPEAKER

peace out. sorry if i offended you in any way .:)

PS:^^read chaos's article you will get my point .

Back