One reader to rule them all!

Sei

Skilled
Okay, the title might be a bit presumptuous. But, it is almost there when you take into account the price, features and pure awesomeness!

Ohh.. wait a minute.. I didn't tell you what I was talking about!

Presenting to you the Barnes and Noble NOOK!

Tadaaaaa!

I'm going to go out of my way and say that you can not even imagine the beauty of e-ink until you see it in person. I'm so happy that I didn't buy an iPad.

Almost all the people I've shown it to did not believe me when I told them that the image they see on the screen is not a plastic cover! :p

Without further delay, here are the pics:

dsc01939medium.jpg

dsc01940medium.jpg

dsc01941medium.jpg

The image you see on top is produced by the e-reader. It looks just like paper! :O

dsc01944medium.jpg

dsc01945medium.jpg

dsc01948medium.jpg

Bought a cover from the store for my precioussssss...

dsc01950medium.jpg

dsc01951medium.jpg

dsc01952mediumw.jpg

dsc01953medium.jpg

dsc01955medium.jpg

E-book readers don't have any backlight so bought an add-on light for the Nook too.

dsc01957medium.jpg

dsc01960medium.jpg

dsc01959medium.jpg

dsc01961medium.jpg

As you can see, it's absolutely clear!

Damages:

150$ for the Nook

25$ for the Alice cover

15$ for the add-on light

15$ for the wall-charger ( not shown in pics )

I'm lovin' it! :clap:

Edit: I forgot to mention certain other points -

1. Wi-Fi. You can browse books in the B&N Store, surf the web, check mail etc. You can even setup a content server in Calibre ( book management software, the best out there ) and download books directly from your PC via Wi-Fi.

2. Games. You got Chess and Sudoku.

3. Magazines and Newspapers - You can subscribe to the leading newspapers and magazines.

4. 5 different font sizes and 3 different fonts.

5. Audio player for casual listening.

Nice buy! Congratulations!! :) Its the same dilemma for me, iPad (or any of the upcoming tablets, especially the Notion Ink Adam) Vs E-ink based readers (Nook being on top of the list).

phoenix844884 said:
Nice buy! Congratulations!! :) Its the same dilemma for me, iPad (or any of the upcoming tablets, especially the Notion Ink Adam) Vs E-ink based readers (Nook being on top of the list).

There is no dilemma! :p

If you are fond of reading and want an electronic device for it, get the Nook! If you are a very casual reader and want a multipurpose device, get something like an iPad.

logistopath said:
Awesomeee..!! Expecting a review soon. :)

I simply don't have the time for a review. But I will very happily answer any and every question you have! :)

stalker said:
Congratulations!!

That was fast :)
All thanks to you buddy! It was only because you stuck so firmly to the Nook that I got it. Thanks again! :)

excellent purchase my friend.my reading habit limit to reading magazines in pdf format on the computer. It's not a joy to read it on my E66.For the price you paid, it's a great deal I think.

Whats the storage capacity?

For 149, this is infact the one to rule them all :)
16 levels of grey, 6 inch screen(is it including the touchscreen part?), color touch screen for navigation,wifi,e-ink- damn, this is a steal!!!

raptor3624 said:
excellent purchase my friend.my reading habit limit to reading magazines in pdf format on the computer. It's not a joy to read it on my E66.For the price you paid, it's a great deal I think.

Whats the storage capacity?

1.5GB. But it is more than enough if not storing songs. E-Book sizes vary from 46kb to 1.5MB for the biggest of them. I'm talking about the ePub format. So, it's more than enough.

Black_Hawk said:
Looks absolutely brilliant. Congrats!! :)
Desecrator said:
Congrats! :D
desiibond said:
all for 150$. that's a steal. COngrats mate. awesome purchase.
Thanks!

Back