User Review OnePlus 2 - First Impression and Mini Review.

Well, here's the 1st impression of the much #HYPEd 1+2.
Will Upload the picture and screenshots later and will post detailed Review later next week.

Hate Amazon, they usually pack with cardboard box for even most low cost thing, now, its just a bubble cover alone. Anyways, no damage to the box. Deep breathing.

Well compared to its predecessor which was AWESOME, 1+2 packaging is simple and wow, what the great texture of the box. it feels silky smooth. Open the box and everything is same compared to the other rivals.
I always fond of packaging and take some time for unboxing. If you ask me whats the best packing, i say, Apple iPod series, 1+1, HTC and so on.

What's inside the box,
1. The phone, yup, 1+2.
2. Charger, 5V and 2A if you ask me.
3. USB Type-C flat type cable.
4. Quick start and user guide.
As the type-c is new, your only option is to carry with you or buy converter if you need more juice outside. As its reversible just like lighting cable, you can insert in any direction and its big compared to traditional mini-usb.

Now coming to the phone, its heavy and feels premium. The sandstone texture is gripy and the tall phone is hard to use in one hand because of weight and corners. The weights are distributed equally, i cant believe what happens if it falls off the floor. Needs extra care or case protection. Right now, its scare and accessories will flood and price will fall. Installed tempered glass and still waiting for case, 7 days past. The 5.5' screen, magnesium alloy side, sandstone back and daring camera unit, its a stand out in crowd.

The front is 5.5' FHD in-cell display with 401ppi, looks gorgeous and i would prefer battery over screen anyday, i less care about QHD and the screen to body ratio is 73% and has two capacitive buttons and fingerprint scanner which is capacitive(not a press type button) and acts as home key. The screen was protected by gorilla glass 4 and 5MP front selfie camera.

The back is slim sandstone backcover and more options are available for 1.7k from amazon like bamboo,kevlar,rosewood and black apricot which 1+ call brands as StyleSwap covers. The Phone house 13 MP (f/2.0) camera with dual flash and laser auto focus like LG G3/4 and big sensor 1.3m which capture more light. The camera protrude which can be rectified with case or StyleSwap cover.

The side are made up of magnesium alloy and feels solid. If you are a iPhone user, you'll be rejoiced. I've been a long time iphone user and i love the mute key. Hey 1+ implemented 3 stage just like sound profile in lollipop like alarm only, priority and all. Its mechanical just like iphone and i really liking it. The phone houses dual noise cancelling mic, one at the top and other at the bottom left with grill holes. The speaker at the right. The speaker performs low.

SoC - 810 Snapdragon V2 64bit (1.8Ghz) CPU and Adreno 430 GPU
Ram - LPDDR4 4GB(64GB)/3GB(16GB)
Display - 5.5' FHD (401 ppi)
Storage - 64GB/16GB with no support for external card
Camera - 13MP (1.3m) 6 lens with dual led flash and laser auto focus
Just like that - bluethooth 4.1, wifi upto ac, gps and most radios bands upto 4G
Other unique feature - Fingerprint scanner, Aleart slider, usb type-c, dual sim and F-UCKING INVITE TO BUY.

Oxygen OS(OOS) is pure stock with added customization. I'm always a fan of pure stock vanilla android. Its has some added features like
1.dark mode from marshamallow which is not fully system wide
2.swap the hardware capacive keys and assign double tap and long press for indidual keys
3.shift to on-screen navigation buttons
4.Off/lock screen gestures like double tap, draw "O" for camera, "V" for flashlight and "<">"II" for playback music
5.Per app permission just like a stripped down XPrivacy
6.Arrange notification toggles.
7. Shelf, if you used LG 3/4 or something slighy similar to HTC blinfeed. Its in beta stage and not much improved except widgets

So Switched ON and complete the setup, the Phone runs stock and feels premium. The phone ships with OOS 2 and OTA update available for 2.0.2 for mere 41MB, tap download and make sure minimum 60% battery.
The 810 coupled with LPDDR4 4GB ram, everything is snappy and theres no lag. Realtime multitasking with no reloads of apps and very fluid. Normally the speaker output is low but with audiotuner profile for apps and games are amplified. The fingerprint sensor works fast and accurate and unlocks from the lock screen. The customization options and per app restriction is needed feature. Waiting for OOS 2.1 which the 1+ promised will be major upgrade and release on mid September. The camera takes nice picture but without pro controls its not the time to say it clearly.
From here on, its a bitter truth, its a complete mess, its damn shitty marriage of Hardware and Software. Two things spoils 1+2, its the 810 proccy and OOS.
Everything looks and feels great, wow, awesome but when its coupled with software its mind freaking shit.
The OOS is unmatured, in other words its full of bugs, bugs and bugs. The reason why i trade off for a QHD display is the battery of 3.3mh battery. But its draining battery like a mite. The first 2-3 draining service is the Android OS, Android System, Phone ideal. I been using android for the past 5 years and never used battery monitor apps but now installed gsam and it shows Android system and kernal as the top draining. And im getting some ranting battery graphs with remaining SoT. The average SoT is 3-4 hours max.
1+2 perform well in multitasking with no reloading of apps but 810 makes the phone hot for normal app usage. the temperature is felt and transferred easily thanks to 1+ for their exceptional design which in other words the user is cooling the phone by transferring the proccy heat to himself. to get in simple flow chart,
810 proccy -> Magnessium alloy -> You (Nice Heater, man)
Some of the bugs/cons i encountered
1. Battery drain and irregular battery Caliberation(I reseted the phone, completely drained the phone and charged for full and extra 30 minutes to recaliberate and still its Shit
2. The Fingerprint home button is slow and sometimes had to hard press
3. Brightness bug, brightness is tuned automatically to max at home screen every time you visit to home and adjusted to auto on apps. Fixed with reset
4. 810 makes everything hot and battery recharge time is slow like 2-2.5 hours.
5.Not a bug but feature missing. A google camera app for the great camera. Non sense but 1+ promised OOS 2.1 is major upgrade and i belive all these bugs will be squeezed

If you been using other flagship and getting 1+2, you will lose,
1.Fast Charging
2.NFC
3.IR Blaster
4.Wireless Charing
5.3rd mic for more crystal clear noise cancelling

Should i get it or what
If you get the invite, go for it. Its 25k for this damn good phone. These issues/bugs will be rectified with future OS upgrade and 1+2 will be well settled. And remember, its not even a 2015 flagship killer as the ground is open and more rivals are on the way. But again remember, THIS IS THE HOTTEST PHONE RIGHT NOW, next to xperia Z3+(pun intended)

Thanks to @dealwise for sharing his invite.

PS. This is the first time im writing review so bear with it and if i do any grammars or so, post it. Suggestion and thanks are most welcome.

Last edited:
im in dilemma too but i believe it can be controlled by future update.
what do you think? should i return or what for updates.
Bro really i was not able to carry the phone even in pocket, eventhough i am not typically a heavy user it was always hot.
I did not feel that they will resolve with future upgrades and had a good offer so went ahead and sold this.

Bought galaxy s6 edge today morning, pretty good till now.

Bro really i was not able to carry the phone even in pocket, eventhough i am not typically a heavy user it was always hot.
I did not feel that they will resolve with future upgrades and had a good offer so went ahead and sold this.

Bought galaxy s6 edge today morning, pretty good till now.
i was thinking inbetween g4 and note 4. anyways will use and see how 1+ fares with further update as you know, the heating issue could be minimized by software by throttling the 810. it can't be fixed as its a hardware problem.

the battery's doing good by switching off gestures and other launchers.

Post this on XDA and see how the people respond. I believe that many people have already bought this phone.
Also personally with all the hype it created I find the Oxygen very disappointing.
I guess no one will be able to beat the Cyanogen... :/
I've made it a point to myself to never buy an Android smartphone without first checking it on XDA.

i was thinking inbetween g4 and note 4. anyways will use and see how 1+ fares with further update as you know, the heating issue could be minimized by software by throttling the 810. it can't be fixed as its a hardware problem.

the battery's doing good by switching off gestures and other launchers.

My sister complaining the same, it's heating up easily. I hadn't made her aware of this issue but it's her opinion in 2 days usage. She hardly does any CPU intense tasks.

Only innovative thing about Oxygen is the name I guess ; it's to counter the Cyanogen.

it has been one week now since i have been using one plus two. Thanks to TE market section i got the phone.
the battery gives me 24 hours plus for two sims. i work in a place for 8.5 hours where there is poor reception, still decent battery life. it includes 2.5 hours screen time and mostly messaging apps. i do not play games on mobile and max one hour per day talk time. No heating issues while charging or messaging or during calls. Am currently on with latest OS update, still feel the software is buggy and consumes battery, hope they resolve this with newer updates. However it does not hang up inspite of OS and is fast enough in comparison to my previous samsung note2.

A short review from my sis-in-law who has been using this mobile for around 2 weeks - Works smooth; rarely any problems; photos are good; no heating issues at all; battery is unreliable.

A short review from my sis-in-law who has been using this mobile for around 2 weeks - Works smooth; rarely any problems; photos are good; no heating issues at all; battery is unreliable.
Yes}, The recent update seems to have settled the heating issues to acceptable levels. My sister feels it's better now, it heats only during CPU intense tasks.

^^ I hope so. Will try to find out whether this is after the recent update or not. My SIL is in the US, so I was thinking it might be due to the mobile being from a different batch/lot.

Oxygen OS is the main culprit and hopefully the 2.1 update will solve some of the issues. For me everything has been working fine, except, I find some lag between touch and launch of application and also the stand by time seems to be a bit iffy. Camera software could do with a whole lot of improvement as well.

I am quite happy, using it for single sim for the time being and get 5 hours + SoT consistently. This includes mainly 1 hour of voice, 1 hour of messaging, 1 hour of browsing and maybe 30 mins-45 mins of games. Also 1 hour of reading on kindle.

Yes installed...camera has improved by leagues, in terms of the software. I think they still need to improve it further, lots of blurry shots. Some general improvements to battery use and fingerprint reader as well.

@gRen
I got a oneplus two yesterday, it came in a properly sealed box, but came with oxygen OS 2.1.0 pre-installed.
Also a clear type screen guard pre-installed, confirmed with few friends, they also got it with screen guard applied.

Any others got it with pre-installed screen guard?

@drkrack. Yeah me too got it with screen guard installed.. But am planning to put tempered glass removing it...
Don't remove it, use it until it gets enough scratches & replace. Who knows you may change the mobile itself instead.

I have a small dirt inside the front camera module, I don't know is the piece defective. No issues with performance though. Amazon doesn't have a replacement policy for oneplus two, only refund and reorder ~ 2 weeks procedure. Don't know what to do?

Back