OnePlus explosion update,

Ramadhir Singh

Wasseypur
Adept
Finally they acknowledged. and ready to do some damage control.

link :

this is the big reason, we must avoid using those sub-standard brands. they don't follow any compliance/laws.
someone in reddit mentioned, where reputed brands like Samsung pass 20-25watts, oneplus, Mi and other chines brands pass over 60 watts .. in the name of fast charging.

Assuming this is the same incident

Images of the device and injuries (NSFW)

Edit- the phone pic in this article seems different from phone in the first post article.
Is this a widespread Nord 2 issue?

Have they mentioned the reason for the blast, other than blaming on the user that he scratched the lithium battery (like users have access to battery with the latter being non-removable, lol).

Twitter's gone insane with this.
Nevertheless, the damage looks quite serious after the blast.
Today we are bickering about 1+, tomorrow it can be any device given how companies cut corner to keep the cost low.

I own the Oneplus Nord 2 and I have researched enough to have the confidence to put it besides my testicles every working day.
I feel sorry for the guy but that's all.

That's quite unfortunate. There's nothing like, explosions. When Samsung batteries can go pop, I wouldn't dare use a lesser brand. Still, people buy TWE buds for 1k nowadays... Unhealthy, one day, some of them will know.

Are you sure they will not prematurely detonate?
Who cares as far as one gets a bomb legally and as cheap as under 50k! Flagship killer bomb btw..
I own the Oneplus Nord 2 and I have researched enough to have the confidence to put it besides my testicles every working day.
I feel sorry for the guy but that's all.
Do one thing.. tie a rope to it and drag it behind you on the road just how kids play with their toys.. this way even if it explodes neither you will be injured nor clothes will get torn! Just my 1 cent..
That's quite unfortunate. There's nothing like, explosions. When Samsung batteries can go pop, I wouldn't dare use a lesser brand. Still, people buy TWE buds for 1k nowadays... Unhealthy, one day, some of them will know.
Samsung phones is altogether a diff. thing! During air strikes, pilots should be directed to only use samsung phones which explode and use them during missile crisis.. use them instead of missile and do surgical strike..

Any lithium battery is a problem. Thus, pay for better. Sony and hitachi have had things go boom multiple times. Samsung had ONE failure. Oneplus always seemed to be a random OEM to me. Mix and match parts, how one buys candies at those high street stores. Don't know what is in the fudge but they dress it up well and they say it's now made in India. I must be stupid.

What are your findings?
Basically any metal object that pierces/comes in contact with layers ans layers of batteries is a problem.
Note 7 had a faulty battery connector inside which made it easier,
Nord 2 seems to have issues with non-standard chargers, high temps, flex on body and metal objects in contact with pressure or a mix of all, so far from the incidents.
I charge my phone once a day with a 15W charger anyway for battery longevity and I feel that's good enough.
Road accidents happen but we can't refrain from walking because of it!

I feel technology is bound to fail at one or any given point. Nothing can be foolproof unless one explores all the possibilities with deep research yet one or few aspects can be missed. Today its all fast paced and cos. dont give a damn on what if factor. If one product fails, behind it 3 products are already launched. Human handling and errors again contribute and then this.
Altogether a luck factor eod.

How do news agencies come up with this kind of headlines
49BABBA1-D6C6-409C-9C58-E9057975B551.jpeg

Back