Android OnePlus Nord is a "budget phone"

Will Google also disappoint with the 4A?

The launch price in India will be ridiculous just like the 3A.
I paid 24k for it sometime last year when I sourced it from Canada for my brother and although it's a good device and takes really good pics it's still overpriced for what it offers.
Pixel devices are worth buying only for North Americans since they don't have decent budget options.

Please read about OnePlus X (the last budget phone OP did) on Reddit or Google. This phone's support was abandoned from Day 1. Its camera was so damn BAD and Oxygen OS was BUGGY.

Before that I had bought Nexus 5 for my mom. Then came Oneplus One, which was similar to N5. They had this attitude of serving the enthusiast community at that time, so I bought into their Marketing bullshit. Few launches later, when I saw them hiking their prices incessantly, I realised they were like any other shitty Chinese company (BBK obviously) and had nothing really special.

(I don't mean to say that any company needs to have some set principles and not digress from them. Obviously its a business run by profit and they should do what gets them money, but its another thing if you completely digress from the vision you built your company upon, advertising the shit out of 'FLAGSHIP KILLER')

Also, OOS is way overhyped IMO by people who don't know how to flash a custom Rom (all thanks to Samsung's shitty Touchwiz). LineageOS is much better, imo. Also, I don't understand how quickly people forgot that Oneplus has been caught sending their data to their Chinese servers, in past. I would flash LOS on a Oneplus phone if I had one.

This is not to say OP didn't do anything right. Afterall, They made putting Flagship SoCs on budget phones, COOL. They made Fast Charging, COOL. They pushed tech giants to tone down their shitty Custom Skins.

Coming to the issue at hand, Nord is not worth MY money. I was thinking of getting this phone for my mom. It looks and is built like 95% of other phones in the market, not a big deal (on the other hand, LG Velvet's build is sth I could get behind). It offers an OLED display like any other phone in this budget. Rather UGLY twin cam cutout. I'll trade a 90Hz display for a Notch-less one anyday, so no thanks. Okay battery for the price. I don't mind the 765G, it is sufficient for her (not me, I'd instead go for 855), but I wanted a Truly Flagship Camera (WHICH THEY THEMSELVES ADVERTISED) like Oneplus 8 Pro, so that Nord could serve as an alternative to Pixel4a. But instead we got a shitty piece of cam from Oneplus 8. And that 64GB variant is just Shameful!!

NO THANKS! I can get the same Cam, Notch-less OLED display, SD855, better build quality
in a K20 Pro with LineageOS. Or even a Realme X2 Pro, if I really wanted that 90Hz with a better Cam, albeit with a tiny notch.

Please read about OnePlus X (the last budget phone OP did) on Reddit or Google. This phone's support was abandoned from Day 1. Its camera was so damn BAD and Oxygen OS was BUGGY.

Before that I had bought Nexus 5 for my mom. Then came Oneplus One, which was similar to N5. They had this attitude of serving the enthusiast community at that time, so I bought into their Marketing bullshit. Few launches later, when I saw them hiking their prices incessantly, I realised they were like any other shitty Chinese company (BBK obviously) and had nothing really special.

(I don't mean to say that any company needs to have some set principles and not digress from them. Obviously its a business run by profit and they should do what gets them money, but its another thing if you completely digress from the vision you built your company upon, advertising the shit out of 'FLAGSHIP KILLER')

Also, OOS is way overhyped IMO by people who don't know how to flash a custom Rom (all thanks to Samsung's shitty Touchwiz). LineageOS is much better, imo. Also, I don't understand how quickly people forgot that Oneplus has been caught sending their data to their Chinese servers, in past. I would flash LOS on a Oneplus phone if I had one.

This is not to say OP didn't do anything right. Afterall, They made putting Flagship SoCs on budget phones, COOL. They made Fast Charging, COOL. They pushed tech giants to tone down their shitty Custom Skins.

Coming to the issue at hand, Nord is not worth MY money. I was thinking of getting this phone for my mom. It looks and is built like 95% of other phones in the market, not a big deal (on the other hand, LG Velvet's build is sth I could get behind). It offers an OLED display like any other phone in this budget. Rather UGLY twin cam cutout. I'll trade a 90Hz display for a Notch-less one anyday, so no thanks. Okay battery for the price. I don't mind the 765G, it is sufficient for her (not me, I'd instead go for 855), but I wanted a Truly Flagship Camera (WHICH THEY THEMSELVES ADVERTISED) like Oneplus 8 Pro, so that Nord could serve as an alternative to Pixel4a. But instead we got a shitty piece of cam from Oneplus 8. And that 64GB variant is just Shameful!!

NO THANKS! I can get the same Cam, Notch-less OLED display, SD855, better build quality
in a K20 Pro with LineageOS. Or even a Realme X2 Pro, if I really wanted that 90Hz with a better Cam, albeit with a tiny notch.

gsmarena.com/flashback_oneplus_x_marks_the_spot_where_the_nord_found_treasure-news-44442.php

After I read so many reviews of almost 100+ videos, its said its not a waterproof phone. No audio jack. UFS support is 2.0 which is way too slow transfer of files from computer to phone or phone to computer. No stereo voice available. 60 fps is just showing for name sake fromfront but not from back. if it can show from front then y not back. plenty of disadvantages. if the phone was for 20k. it would have been good. 25 128 gb and 30k for 256 way too costly

Haha will One Plus release a "software update to fix" a hardware issue (assuming that is a hardware issue of course)?
Speaking of which Pixels' reliability issues is pathetic. How Google managed to screw their own "flagship" phones is mind-blowing. They did so well with the old Moto phones (1st to 3rd gen). As much as I can't wait for the 4A those issues and pricing trouble me.
Meanwhile can't wait for MKBHD to sell out. ;)
Post automatically merged:

Btw check out the new Samsung M31s.

Last edited:
So...Google launched the Pixel 4a (non-5G) for $349. Its far from perfect sadly. Phone releases this year has been utterly disappointing.

So...Google launched the Pixel 4a (non-5G) for $349. Its far from perfect sadly. Phone releases this year has been utterly disappointing.
I think it's a simple phone, where the camera prowess hits head with the flagships of 2020, which is insane VFM. But, it will launch at a disproportionately high price in India, at least 35k or more, and that's DoA. P4a 5G and P5 will not be launching in India (confirmed by Google), so looks like Google has anyway given up on the country when it comes to physical hardware.
The biggest gripe though is the SD 730, which will most likely not last for 3 years. Not to mention, even with the crazy good camera, we will miss Ultra Wide shots. It does go neck to neck with iPhone SE, but Pixel cannot charge the same amount since brand recognition and resale value is nowhere close to Apple.

Last edited:
Back