Online Gaming and Data Transfer

avvs_2099

Disciple
I am getting this 256 KBPS connection in a few days with 500 mb limit per month, but i have taken three months connection before hand so i am getting 1500 + 500 mb extra for converting from my dialup to download, valid for 3 months.

I am a gamer, so i just wanna know how much data in MB will be downloaded while playing a game online. Here's a list of games i will be playing. Please mention the data downloaded while playing these games (FOR ONE HOUR).

UT 2004,

Counter Strike Condition Zero

AOE 2 The Conquerors

NFS Underground 2

Doom 3

Quake 3 Arena

If u know exactly how much data is downloaded while playing these games for one hour then please reply.

[MOD EDIT=No talks of piracy]

nah, i have ran both server and checked the usage as a player.

Both server side and client side use aroun 18-25MB on CSS and i even ran a BF2 and UT2004 ( demo server ) and the same thing. Both client and server side will use around 17-22MB of bandwidth in UT and 22-25MB in BF2.

lol, how the answers are just amazing here...........

okay first of all CSS. when as client, you set the rate at which data transfer is happening by setting the "rate" (or cl_rate in cs 1.6) to specify actually how much transfer u want to permit. ofcourse the server can override it by setting sv_minrate.

if u set it to 25000, then thats 25 K bytes per sec. now simply extrapolate from there.........

First of all.. Hes talking about CS CZ. Not Source.

CZ and 1.6 bandwidth usage is around 4 mb for 1 hour.

Checked it last night.

My settings were rate 35000, updaterate 20, cmdrate 30.

Back