Online PC store deals (PrimeABGB, Vedant, MDcomputers, Clarion, etc.)

Good deal but can't help say "why" they do this, I would rather see an empty space there than having this:
4 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports on the back panel

Good deal but can't help say "why" they do this, I would rather see an empty space there than having this:
I use them for mouse and KB - so two used easily. Good to have backups, this one does not have that many ports vs something like MSI B650m A wifi, but is enough.
I am using this board with 7800x3d, and so far it has worked perfectly for me.

Good price, better than Diwali 'sale'.

Sometimes USB devices don't work well together, when using 3.0, for whatever reason.

I had a b450 msi board, and purchased 2x USB 3.0 hubs from Aukey. They're a respectable brand, but due to some compatibility issue, either on the hubs, the mobo or both, neither would work on the b450 board, when using 3.0 connection. They'd work fine on USB 2.0 on that board, and work fine on 3.0 with my asus z690 board. They even worked fine with my old af 3rd gen laptop with 3.0.

I won't prefer an empty space because those are useful for KB & mouse, but agreed that it should be USB 3.0 at this point. USB 4 is out & USB 3 is a decade old.

Sometimes USB devices don't work well together, when using 3.0, for whatever reason.
Usb 3.0 is faster so it needs more power aka current & most of the time the usb 3 issue is related to usb port unable to provide that much power/current.
I had a b450 msi board, and purchased 2x USB 3.0 hubs from Aukey. They're a respectable brand, but due to some compatibility issue, either on the hubs, the mobo or both, neither would work on the b450 board, when using 3.0 connection. They'd work fine on USB 2.0 on that board, and work fine on 3.0 with my asus z690 board. They even worked fine with my old af 3rd gen laptop with 3.0.
I suggest not to use usb 3 hub for anything other than pen drives or use a powered hub like this one which has the option to supply power to the hub via an adapter.

The 3.0 Hub intelligently divides the power across the USB ports, hence allowing you to use 4 External HDD without any power supply at the same time. You can also connect an external micro USB power source to juice up more power. (External charging adapter not included)

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20231124_230546_Firefox.png
    SmartSelect_20231124_230546_Firefox.png
    491.1 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_20191017_210119.jpg
    IMG_20191017_210119.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Dropped again in price

Hehe he

Scam ?

Hehe he

Scam ?
what processors does this bare bone supports?

Is the PSU/mobo normal or proprietary sh*t like dell/hp prebuilts?
From what I can read, it takes 10 series processors and uses SODIMM memory. Can't recall any off-the-shelf motherboard that supports it, nor does the layout seem familiar. So my money would be on proprietary non-upgradable.
Pros:
80+ Platinum 600W PSU.
Full x16 (not sure if electrically wired x16 although likely) PCIe slot with 2-slot small (er) GPU compatibility.
2x M.2 slots
1x 2.5" drive slot
10th gen processors supported, okay-ish cooling system
Small(er) footprint
SD card readter built-in
2.5G (Killer) + 1G(not sure which) ethernet
Cons:
Case+Motherboard+PSU can only be used together.
It is Zotac after all
Not much upgrade path, cooling system may not allow i5/i7/i9 K series processors

Insta purchase if it supported LGA1700. Coupled with the small ish zotac 4060 solo, and a 12400, would make for a nice capable system. SFF cases and parts are hard to come by here.

Is the PSU/mobo normal or proprietary sh*t like dell/hp prebuilts?
Worse if you ask me...

Both the PSU and Mobo
images (24).jpeg

Insta purchase if it supported LGA1700. Coupled with the small ish zotac 4060 solo, and a 12400, would make for a nice capable system. SFF cases and parts are hard to come by here.
Not sure if available in India yet...but it exists...

Worse if you ask me...

Both the PSU and Mobo
View attachment 184713

Not sure if available in India yet...but it exists...

As Steve from GN once said, this board looks kinda sus

I can understand Mobo being proprietary but PSU not being ATX is huge. I mean none of it makes sense but PSU hurts the most. It doesn't make sense given all these risks unless someone is desperate for an SFF system.

Edit: Those PCI slots (or whatever you wanna call this abomination) are both clever and infuriating at the same time.

Last edited:
As Steve from GN once said, this board looks kinda sus

I can understand Mobo being proprietary but PSU not being ATX is huge. I mean none of it makes sense but PSU hurts the most. It doesn't make sense given all these risks unless someone is desperate for an SFF system.

Edit: Those PCI slots (or whatever you wanna call this abomination) are both clever and infuriating at the same time.
Indeed.

I did actually pick up a stripped out ZBox for it's compactness (originally i7 10700 + 3070) and it cost me peanuts.

Put in a new i3 10105 and an RTX A2000 and it runs very nicely with the stock cooler (which isn't adequate for an i7)

The fact that this supports 10th gen only is a bit offputting as well.

Back