Storage Solutions Optical Drive Guide

Liteon is not at all in the same league as their CD Writers or for that matter DVD Roms too.
LiteOn could have made better drives, isnt it ?

I personally had LiteOn 812S based Iomega Drive,was very poor imho.
sold it off as soon as i found a buyer.

So if you ask me, stay miles away from LiteOn.

Although Techhead would be in a better position to recommend you the perfect drive.

Darklord posted 6.82 minutes later:

Merged the two threads.

Darklord said:
Liteon is not at all in the same league as their CD Writers or for that matter DVD Roms too.
LiteOn could have made better drives, isnt it ?

I personally had LiteOn 812S based Iomega Drive,was very poor imho.
sold it off as soon as i found a buyer.

So if you ask me, stay miles away from LiteOn.

Although Techhead would be in a better position to recommend you the perfect drive.

Darklord posted 6.82 minutes later:

Merged the two threads.

Completely agree with Darky. I like the 812S actually, but the x13S series of drives were messed up. ANyway, get the Benq1640 or LG4163, as everyone has suggested.

Hey All..

Me again....

Have U heard abt the Lite On 1693S DVD writer ... Its the latest and did u mean the the x16 S series wher rushed out ?

And wat do u think abt the Sony Dvd writers ?

Tnx...

uknowme007 said:
Hey All..

Me again....

Have U heard abt the Lite On 1693S DVD writer ... Its the latest and did u mean the the x16 S series wher rushed out ?

And wat do u think abt the Sony Dvd writers ?

Tnx...
All liteon 16XX series writers have really bad write quality. Stay away from them as everyone else is telling you to.

Ok matez..

So plz bother me for bugging ..But I really cant ake a chance ...on a shoe string budget....

So why exaclty did they have 'bad' write quality ? Wat exactly do u mean by tht ?

Wud be helpful !

So Sony is not even mentioned by neone here !!! Y so ? And U also belive Benq or Lg shud be my buy ?

Tnx

uknowme007 said:
Ok matez..

So plz bother me for bugging ..But I really cant ake a chance ...on a shoe string budget....

So why exaclty did they have 'bad' write quality ? Wat exactly do u mean by tht ?

Wud be helpful !

So Sony is not even mentioned by neone here !!! Y so ? And U also belive Benq or Lg shud be my buy ?

Tnx

Sony and Liteon are the same drive only with a different face plate. Both of them write dvds badly. What I mean by that in simple language is that the chance of a burnt dvd turning into a coaster with time is much higher. Whenever a dvd is written, there is always a certain number of errors that occur in the writing. The liteon drives have a very high PI/PIF error rate on most media(especially DVD-R) when burning at 12X or higher compared to benq, pioneer, lg, nec. The best buy right now is Benq DW1640. Go for it.

Hey Buddies,

Are the 2 LG 4163B or BenQ DW1640 IDE compatible...or do I need SATA for tht ? Coz I dont have sata in my Asus A7N8X-X mobo !

Clear me plz...

Thnx

Back