Optimus Net OR Galaxy Y

narkmrsou

Disciple
1. Q: Budget?
A: Upto 9.5K

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: TFT

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Samsung or LG

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: camera need not be specific

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G.

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Internet, skype video call

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: Don't require dual sim/require dual sim/etc.

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Already considering Galaxy Y and LG Optimus net. But confused about the market move. As am strictly based on budget am confused whether Optmus net will get reduced because already LG has launched Optimus net dual sim for 10600(just 700 rs extra than that of Optimus net). This doubt arised because of latest price slash of Galaxy R upto 7000 INR by samsung.

Also am worrying about the low resolution of Galaxy Y.

So pls suggest among the two(Galaxy Y OR Optimus netP960) which will be better choice for VALUE FOR MONEY.

^ HVGA @ 3.2 inches isn't very different from the Blade's WVGA @ 3.5 inches in terms of screen width. The original Wildfire's screen is wider than my Blade's 3.5-inch display owing to the 4:3 aspect ratio of QVGA. Also if QWERTY is a problem, one can always use T9 keyboards (Perfect keyboard is the best in this regard)

^ HVGA @ 3.2 inches isn't very different from the Blade's WVGA @ 3.5 inches in terms of screen width.

1. are you kidding me? there's a world of difference between a HVGA screen and WVGA screen, and the screen size only helps further with bigger keyboard layout. The Blade has the upper hand in resolution and screen size.

2. I've used and typed extensively on both phones, owned by my friend and other by my classmate, so whatever I just said in my previous post is from first hand experience.

Did you even read what I said? And if you read it, did you understand even a word of it? Here are some facts and figures for you.

A 3.2 inch display with HVGA resolution (Optimus One, Explorer, Widlfire S) is 4.51cm in width. A 3.5 inch display with WVGA resolution (Blade) measures 4.57cm in width. Most people use their on-screen keyboards in portrait orientation and a difference of 0.06cm is negligible for any change in typing comfort. Also, different layouts are used for MDPI (HVGA and lower) and HDPI (WVGA and above) devices which means that dpi is maintained across various resolutions. This is why you find apk files of Swype in various MDPI and HDPI formats.

A 3.2 inch display with QVGA resolution (Widfire) is wider both of the above examples and measures 4.88cm in width. Thus if the lag (or lack of it) is the same across all devices and so is the type of the on-screen keyboard, it would be far easier to type on a Wildfire than a Wildfire S or a Blade.

Oh and btw, I've owned the Blade for over 6 months now and used to own an Optimus One previously. My girlfriend has the original Wildfire and I use it on a daily basis.

Wildfire S or a Blade.

Bro you're simply not getting it. I'm talking WILDFIRE S here.

And this phone belongs to my best friend here, he's in my room most of the time, and I'm fiddling with his phone most of the time. And to say that typing on his phone is a horrible experience is an understatement. It's actually easier to type on the Galaxy Pop.

I'm talking about the Wildfire S too. I OWNED the Optimus One which has the exact same sized display as well as SoC. Typing on it wasn't very different from typing on my Blade. Ask your friend to start using Swiftkey X. It's easily the best keyboard on Android and overcomes any phone's display size related shortcomings. A friend of mine uses it on his Galaxy 5 and displays don't really get any smaller than that on an Android phone.

Thanks guys for all the best suggestions!!!!!!!
Am very much convinced with Optimus net. As unanimously everyone prefers Optimus net over Galaxy Y.

What you guys think about present market in terms of pricing??
Optimus net dual sim has launched couple of days back and its just 700 Rs greater than that of Optimus net(though am not interested in dual sim!)
Also Samsung galaxy R has slashed its price upto 7000 suddenly (My friend suffered cos soon after the release he bought for 26.5K but now it just costs 20K)

Will similiar thing is expected here, since LG Optimus net dual sim has released few days back ?????

comments plssssssssssss

Nope. There wont be any extravagant price cuts in the 10k segment for couple of months at least.

The Galaxy R price cut was due for a long time, since it was grossly overpriced @27k at launch. Many bought the SII at that price with coupons since SII was around for a while.

But in the low end i don't see the net cheaper than the ~9k mark(w/o coupons or offers) until the next wave of mid-range phones are released.

Back